Shah Rukh Khan is an Indian actor, film producer and television personality. He has appeared in more than 80 Bollywood films and earned numerous accolades, including 14 Filmfare Awards. For his contributions to film, the Government of India honored him with the Padma Shri and the Government of France awarded him both the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres and the Légion d’honneur. Khan has a significant following in Asia and the Indian diaspora worldwide. In terms of audience size and income, he has been described as one of the most successful film stars in the world.
King Khan, SRK, The Badshah of Bollywood, Shahrukh, The King of Bollywood, King of Romance
Actor, Producer, Television Presenter
Birthday / Date of Birth
SRK was born on 2nd of November 1965, at Talwar Nursing Home in New Delhi, India.
He is currently 53 years old.
Shah Rukh Khan went to St. Columba’s School in central Delhi where he received school’s highest honor, the Sword of Honor for his outstanding performance in both studies and sports. In 1985, he attended Hansraj College (affiliated to Delhi University) and graduated with bachelor’s degree in Economics in 1988. Finally, he attended Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi to pursue a Master’s Degree in Mass Communication but opted out to pursue a career in Bollywood. He learned dramatics from National School of Drama, Delhi, India.
- Father – Late Taj Mohammad Khan (Businessman)
- Mother – Late Lateef Fatima (Magistrate, Social Worker)
- Siblings – Shahnaz Lalarukh (Older Sister)
- Relatives – Ifthikar Ahmed (Maternal Grandfather), Jan Muhammad (Paternal Grandfather)
Girlfriend / Spouse
SRK dated –
- Gauri Chibber (1991-Present) – Shahrukh married Gauri Chibber (now Gauri Khan) on October 25, 1991. They have 3 children – son Aryan (b. 1997), daughter Suhana (b. 2000) and son AbRam (b. 2013 through a surrogate mother).
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 73 kg
- In Pounds – 161 lbs
- Measurements – 44-14.5-32
- Chest – 44 inches
- Biceps – 14.5 inches
- Waist – 32 inches
9 (US) / 8.5 (UK)
Referred to in the media as the Badshah of Bollywood, King of Bollywood and King Khan, he has appeared in more than 80 Bollywood films and earned numerous accolades, including 14 Filmfare Awards.
In 1992, SRK first appeared Hindi film Deewana for which he earned the Filmfare Award for Best male Debut. As a producer, he first produced the 2000 Hindi film Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani and also acted in the film.
In 1988, Shahrukh Khan acted television show Dil Dariya. But, he got attention from his another 1988 television show Fauji for his role as Abhimanyu Rai.
Shah Rukh Khan has endorsed a number of brands and products since his inception into the entertainment industry, including PepsiCo, Royal Stag (2012), Asian Paints, V-John Shaving Cream, Linc Pen, Nokia, Emami, Hyundai, Dish TV and more.
Awards & Nominations
- Khan is one of the most decorated Bollywood actors. He has received 14 Filmfare Awards from 30 nominations and special awards, including eight for Best Actor he is tied for the most in the category with Dilip Kumar. Khan has won the Filmfare Best Actor award for Baazigar (1993), Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), Dil To Pagal Hai (1997), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Devdas (2002), Swades (2004), Chak De! India (2007) and My Name Is Khan (2010). At times, he has garnered as many as three of the five total Filmfare Best Actor nominations.
- Although he has never won a National Film Award, he was awarded the Padma Shri by the Government of India in 2005. The Government of France has awarded him both the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres (2007) and its highest civilian honour, the Légion d’honneur (2014). Khan has received five honorary doctorates; the first from The University of Bedfordshire in 2009, the second from The University of Edinburgh in 2015, the third from Maulana Azad National Urdu University in 2016 and his latest from The University of Law and La Trobe University in 2019.
- He topped Forbes’ list of “Celebrity 100” thrice in 2012, 2013 and 2015.
- SRK has consistently featured among the top ten on The Times of India’s list of the 50 most desirable men in India.
- Easter Eye named him the Sexiest Man in Asia in 2007.
- In 2007, his wax statue was installed at the ‘Madame Tussauds’ museum, London, which made him the third Indian actor to earn a spot at this prestigious place
- In 2011, he received UNESCO’s Pyramide con Marni award for his charitable commitment to provide education for children, becoming the first Indian to win the accolade.
- In 2014, Khan became the ambassador for Interpol’s campaign “Turn Back Crime”.
- In 2015, Khan received a privileged degree from the University of Edinburgh, Scotland.
- In 2002, he won the ‘Rajiv Gandhi Award for Excellence’ in the ‘Field of Entertainment’.
- He was bestowed with the ‘Padma Shri’ award in the year 2005, by the Indian Government. This ranks fourth among the highest civilian awards in India.
- In 2011, the ‘UNESCO’ recognized his philanthropic work and awarded him with the ‘Pyramide con Marni’ award.
Shah Rukh Khan Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan
- Favorite Actresses – Mumtaz, Saira Banu
- Favorite Male Co-Stars – Sanjay Dutt, Anil Kapoor, Jackie Shroff
- Favorite Female Co-Stars – Juhi Chawla, Kajol, Madhuri Dixit
- Favorite Movie – Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa (1993)
- Favorite TV Shows – Krishi Darshan (aired on Doordarshan), Discovery Channel Programs, Narcos (American TV series)
- Favorite Drink – Soft Drinks mainly Pepsi
- Favorite Band – Black Eyed Peas
- Favorite Outfit – Jeans, T-Shirt, Jacket
- Favorite Music Director – A. R. Rahman
- Favorite Restaurants – China White in Mumbai, Japanese Restaurant Nobu in London, Buddha Bar in New York, Kittichai in Soho
- Favorite Book – The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (By Douglas Adams)
- Favorite Sports – Cricket, Tennis
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Destination – London & Dubai
- Favorite Perfume – Diptyque, Armani, Tuscany and Azzaro
- Favorite Fashion Designer – Dolce & Gabbana
- Favorite Food – Chicken and Oranges
Shah Rukh Khan Net worth
Shah Rukh Khan has an estimated net worth of $600 million dollars as of 2019. His earning comes from movies, brand endorsements, television appearances, business endeavors and production company, Red Chillies Entertainment. The King Khan is also the proud owner of IPL franchise Kolkata Knight Riders.
Cars & Bikes
Shah Rukh Khan has an extensive collection of ultra-luxurious cars including a Bentley Continental GT, a Audi A6, BMW 7 Series (760 Li and 740 LI), a BMW 6 Series Convertible, a Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, a Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe, a Bugatti Veyron, a Mitsubishi Pajero SFX and a BMW i8.
His grand Mannat is one of the most beautiful and exquisite houses in India that is located in the posh area of Bandra, Mumbai. This 26,328 square feet lavish mansion comprises seven floors that feature several bedrooms and its respective bathrooms, spacious living area and every decor inside the room from curtains to furniture are handpicked by his wife. Shah Rukh Khan is the biggest star of Bollywood who often visit Dubai which is his favorite holiday destination. He owns a luxurious pad on The Palm Jumeirah that comes with six bedrooms and two automated car garage.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shahrukh Khan
- Shah Rukh Khan was born in a mediocre family as his father ran a transport company and mother was a magistrate.
- He was given the birth name as Shahrukh which means Face of the King. But, he prefers to write his name as Shah Rukh Khan.
- He was awarded the ‘Sword of Honor’ title at St. Columba’s School, New Delhi, which was assigned to the best student of the school.
- Shah Rukh Khan’s father was an acquaintance of the noted Indian freedom fighter Subhash Chandra Bose, as his father was the cousin of General Shah Nawaz, who was the second-in-command to Subhash Chandra.
- He was brought into movies by his friend Vivek Vaswani and Hema Malini.
- SRK has four dogs, named Dash, Hulk, Kai and Juicy.
- He is scared of riding horses.
- He is an amateur who had played at the national level and served as a caption for his cricket, hockey and football teams.
- He is a big fan of Manchester United Football Club.
- In 1994, he signed the film- Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa and was offered an amount of ₹25,000 only for the entire film.
- Shah Rukh Khan once sold tickets for his own film in one of the theatres’ booking ticket counter in Mumbai.
- In 2001, Shah Rukh was accused for illegally using a plot of land, which was given to her mother on an annual licence fee. He was charged a fine of Rs 12,627 for not paying the license fee and violating the law.
- In 2008, Newsweek named Shahrukh to be one of the 50 most powerful people in the world.
- In 2008, Shahrukh and Salman fought at Katrina Kaif’s birthday party.
- In 2012, he attracted a controversy by slapping Shirish Kunder (Farah Khan’s husband) in a party.
- In 2012, during an IPL match at the Wankhede stadium in Mumbai, he was criticised for manhandling a security guard and was also barred from entering Wankhede stadium.
- In 2016, he was accused by the local group of flouting heritage rules and building a ramp outside his bungalow, which was demolished by the BMC officials.
- In 2018, Aanand L. Rai came up with a movie titled “Zero,” which was also in news for Sridevi‘s last appearance in the films.
- In 2019, he made headlines for his appearance in a series of videos for Dubai Tourism’s #BeMyGuest campaign.