Yo Yo Honey Singh is an Indian music director, songwriter, Indi-pop singer, music producer and film actor. He started as a session and recording artist and became a bhangra music producer. He has also begun to produce music for Bollywood films. Singh topped the chart of trending videos of 2012. He earned two places on YouTube’s list of top 10 trending videos of 2012. His song Brown Rang made it to the top spot.
Singer, Music Producer, Music Director, Actor
Bhangra, Hip-hop, Indi-pop, R&B
Mafia Mundeer Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Yo Yo Honey Singh was born on the 15th of March 1983, in Hoshiarpur, Punjab, India.
He’s currently 36 years old.
New Delhi, India
He has Punjabi ancestry.
Yo Yo Honey Singh went to the Guru Nanak Public School, Punjab Bagh, New Delhi. Later he studied music at the Trinity School, Belvedere in the United Kingdom.
- Father – Sardaar Sarabjit Singh
- Mother – Bhupinder Kaur
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Yo Yo Honey Singh has dated –
- Shalini Talwar Singh (2011-Present) – Honey Singh is married to Shalini Talwar Singh, whom he introduced to audiences for the first time on the television show India’s Raw Star.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 75 kg
- In Pounds – 165 lbs
His shoe size is 9.5 (US).
The popularity of his singles such as One Bottle Down, Bring Me Back and Dheere Dheere. Singh topped the chart of trending videos of 2012. He earned two places on YouTube’s list of top 10 trending videos of 2012. His song Brown Rang made it to the top spot.
In 2012, he made his film debut in the Punjabi action movie, Mirza – The Untold Story.
In 2005, he released his debut studio album, Peshi.
In 2014, Yo Yo Honey Singh made his first television show appearance on the comedy sketch show, Comedy Nights with Kapil.
Yo Yo Honey Singh has appeared in the television commercials for the following brands American Swan & Etisalat 4G.
Yo Yo Honey Singh Favorites
- Favorite Actress – Priyanka Chopra, Chitrangada Singh
- Favorite Season – Summer
- Favorite Vacation Destination – Italy
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Valley Soup, Vada-Pao
Yo Yo Honey Singh Net worth
Yo Yo Honey Singh has an estimated net worth of $25 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Yo Yo Honey Singh
- Instagram – yyhsofficial
- Twitter – Yo Yo Honey Singh
- YouTube Channel – Yo Yo Honey Singh
Some Lesser Known Facts About Yo Yo Honey Singh
- Honey Singh is the highest paid Indian Singer having earned a whooping Rs. 7 million for a song for the movie Mastaan (Starring Naseeruddin Shah and Vivaan Shah).
- In 2012, he landed in a major controversy as it was claimed that some of his songs encouraged violence against women and shed the positive light on rape. Plus, the fact that the infamous 2012 Delhi gang rape had occurred at that time only increased his difficulties as an FIR was filed against him. The Punjab and Haryana High court decided to dismiss the FIR against him in July 2013.
- Honey Singh used to own a WagonR.
- In late 2013, he produced songs in the films Chennai Express and Boss. He has also had songs in smaller-budget films such as Mere Dad Ki Maruti, Bajatey Raho and Fugly.
- In late 2014, he disappeared from the music scene as well as the public spotlight. Although he made his comeback by the following year, his absence from the public stage lasted 18 months. He blamed bipolar disease for his prolonged absence.
- Singh then made his debut as an actor in Bollywood cinema with the 2014 musical-thriller film The Xpose, alongside Himesh Reshammiya. The film was released on 16 May 2014, to mixed reviews from critics, though it was a box office flop.
- In 2014, he got embroiled in a public feud with fellow rapper Raftaar as the latter claimed that he wasn’t credited for the lyrics of the single, Yeh Fugly Fugly Kya Hai.
- In February 2015, he released the songs Birthday Bash, followed by songs in films including Gabbar is Back and Bhaag Johnny.
- In 2016, he got into a public war of words with fellow rapper Badshah, who used to be his close friend in the past. Honey Singh had called himself a luxurious Rolls Royce in the interview while calling Badshah a low budget Nano.
- In 2016, Singh starred in the Punjabi action film Zorawar, directed by Vinnil Markan, which is marketed as one of the most expensive Punjabi films to date.