Karishma Kapoor is an Indian film actress. One of the most popular Hindi film actresses of the 1990s and early 2000s, she is the recipient of several accolades, including a National Film Award and four Filmfare Awards. She is still renowned for her memorable romantic and dramatic roles in several of her super hit Bollywood movies. In 1996, blockbuster romance Raja Hindustani marked a significant turning point in Kapoor’s career, earning her praise and a Filmfare Award for Best Actress.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Karishma Kapoor was born on the 25th of June 1974, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
She’s currently 45 years old.
Karishma studied at the Cathedral and John Connon School and later for a few months at Sophia College For Women. She later said that she left college to pursue acting for financial support.
- Father – Randhir Kapoor (Actor)
- Mother – Babita (Actress)
- Siblings – Kareena Kapoor (Younger Sister) (Actress)
- Relatives – Raj Kapoor (Grandfather) (Actor and filmmaker), Prithviraj Kapoor (Great- Grandfather) (Actor), Ranbir Kapoor (First Cousin) (Actor), Sasha Agha (Second Cousin) (Actress)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Karishma Kapoor has dated –
- Abhishek Bachchan (2000-2003) – In October 2002, Karishma Kapoor started dating Abhishek Bachchan and their engagement was announced during Amitabh Bachchan’s birthday party. In February 2003, the engagement ended when the couple separated.
- Sunjay Kapur (2003-2012) – In 29 September 2003, she married industrialist Sunjay Kapur, the CEO of Sixt India in a high-profile Sikh wedding ceremony at her ancestral home, Krishna Raj Bungalow in Mumbai. The couple has a daughter Samaira, born in 2005 and a son Kiaan born in 2010. In 2014, the couple filed for divorce through mutual consent. In November 2015, the couple had filed applications to withdraw their consent to it. The couple’s divorce was finalized in 2016.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 53 kg
- In Pounds – 117 lbs
- Measurements – 35-24-36
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Karishma is popular Bollywood actress. She is also a renowned celebrity and is currently popular as judge on dance reality TV shows. She won the Filmfare Awards Best Actress award for her role in Raja Hindustani (1997), the Filmfare Awards Best Supporting Actress award for her performance in Dil Toh Pagal Hai (1998).
In 1991, Karishma debuted with musical film Prem Qaidi for her role as Neelima.
In 2003, Karishma appeared in Sahara One’s soap opera Karishma – The Miracles of Destiny for her role as Devyani / Avni (dual role).
Karishma Kapoor has endorsed brands such as Kellogg’s, Crescent Lawn, Admix Retail, Danone, an international skin care brand, Garnier Colour, McCain, California Almonds, Aromaz, Priyagold Marie Lite & Odonil 1 Touch freshener.
Karishma Kapoor Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Brad Pitt
- Favorite Actress – Nargis, Meena Kumari
- Favorite Destination – London, Paris
- Favorite Perfume – Romance by Ralph Lauren
- Favorite Food – Cakes, Fried Chips, Biryani
Karishma Kapoor Net worth
Karishma Kapoor has an estimated net worth of $12 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – therealkarismakapoor
Some Lesser Known Facts About Karishma Kapoor
- Karishma is the grand-niece of actors Shammi Kapoor and Shashi Kapoor, niece of actors Rajiv Kapoor and Rishi Kapoor.
- She is the largest shareholder in the online baby-care brand BabyOye.com.
- She is a non-vegetarian. She enjoys eating street food.
- In 1991, Karishma made her acting debut at the age of seventeen with the romantic drama Prem Qaidi, opposite debutant Harish Kumar.
- In 1997, Kapoor re-united with David Dhawan for two projects the comedy film Judwaa and the romantic comedy Hero No. 1.
- In 1999, her diminutive comeback proved to be good as she took part in the year’s most successful films.
- In 2001, she achieved further critical acclaim for her portrayal of a real life actress in the biographical drama Zubeidaa.
- In 2002, Karishma was engaged to Abhishek Bachchan for a short time.
- In 2003, Karishma starred in Baaz: A Bird in Danger which was her only release that year.
- In 2012, she was a goodwill ambassador for Pinkathon for breast cancer awareness.
- In 2013, Karishma made a special appearance along with several other actors in the titular song of the anthology film Bombay Talkies.