Ranbir Kapoor is an Indian actor and film producer. He is one of the highest paid actors of Hindi cinema and has featured in Forbes India‘s Celebrity 100 list. Kapoor is the recipient of several awards, including five Filmfare Awards. In addition to acting in films, Kapoor supports charities and causes. He is also a co-owner of the Indian Super League football team Mumbai City FC.
Ranbir Raj Kapoor
Bir, Ranbir Raj, Pappu, Daboo, Ganglu
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ranbir Kapoor was born on the 28th of September 1982, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
He is currently 40 years old.
Ranbir studied at Bombay Scottish School in Mahim, Mumbai and went on to pursue method acting at The Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York.
- Father – Rishi Kapoor (Actor)
- Mother – Neetu Singh (Actress)
- Siblings – Riddhima Kapoor Sahani, Kareena Kapoor, Karisma Kapoor (Cousin Sisters)
- Relatives – Raj Kapoor (Grandfather), Krishna Kapoor (Grandmother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ranbir Kapoor has dated –
- Avantika Malik Khan – Ranbir has dated Avantika Malik Khan (who later married actor Imran Khan in 2011) in the 90s. He already had a big crush on her. When she was working as a child actor on the TV show Just Mohabbat, Ranbir used to visit her on the set. They dated for almost 5 years before calling it quits.
- Deepika Padukone (2007-2009) – Ranbir dated Deepika Padukone both ON-screen and OFF-screen. Though, he confirmed his relationship in March 2008 in an interview. He did a 2008 film “Bachna Ae Haseeno” with her along with Bipasha Basu and Minissha Lamba. They dated for around 2 years after finally getting separated in 2009.
- Nargis Fakhri (2011) – Ranbir was RUMORed to be with Nargis when the two did their first movie Rockstar in 2011. This relationship didn’t go far and ended soon in 2011.
- Katrina Kaif (2012-2016) – After appearing together ON Screen in Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani (2009) and Raajneeti (2010), the actors started dating in 2012. Neither of the party accepted that they had dated each other. According to an insider, Ranbir proposed her for the marriage, but Katrina had clearly said “NO”. The couple broke up in January 2016.
- Shruti Haasan (2014) – In 2014, after Ranbir met actress Shruti Haasan during Philipsad shoot, they were assumed to be dating. But, it all proved to be a rumor later on.
- Alia Bhatt (2018-Present) – In 2018, Ranbir began dating Alia Bhatt, his co-star in Brahmastra (2022). He married her on 14 April 2022 in a private ceremony in their Mumbai house. In November 2022, Bhatt gave birth to their daughter Raha.
- In feet – 6 feet 0 inches
- In centimeters – 183 cm
- In meters – 1.83 m
- In Kilograms – 74 kg
- In Pounds – 163 lbs
- Measurements – 42-32-15
- Chest – 42 inches
- Waist – 32 inches
- Biceps – 15 inches
Best Known For
Acting in Hindi films like Saawariya (2007), Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani (2009), Anjaana Anjaani (2010), Rockstar (2011), Barfi! (2012).
In 2007, film Saawariya for his role as Ranbir Raj, produced and directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. He also got Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut for this movie.
Ranbir served as an Indian brand Ambassador for Spanish Club FC Barcelona. Other endorsements are PepsiCo, Docomo, Panasonic, John Players, Nissan, Hero Moto Corp, Lenovo (2012), Philips Lighting (2013). In 2014, he was chosen as the brand ambassador for Lay’s.
Ranbir Kapoor Favorite
- Favorite Actor – Rishi Kapoor, Akshaye Khanna, Al Pacino, Dustin Hoffman
- Favorite Inspiration – Al Pacino
- Favorite Movies – Shri 420, Life is Beautiful, 3 Idiots, Love Sex Aur Dhokha
- Favorite Dessert – Mishti Doi, Creme Brulee and Gulab Jamun
- Favorite Fruit – Mosambi, Bananas, Water-Melon
- Favorite Spice – Cardamom
- Favorite Restaurant – Gajalee, Ling’s Pavillion
- Favorite Actresses – Kajol, Madhuri Dixit, Jennifer Connelly, Natalie Portman
- Favorite Song – Kisiki Muskurahaton Pe Ho Nisaar (Anari), ‘The Boxer’ by Simon and Garfunkel, Channa Mereya
- Favorite Singer – A. R. Rahman
- Favorite TV Show – Travel and Living
- Favorite Color – Red, White & Black
- Favorite Book – Heavier Than Heaven by Charles R. Cross
- Favorite Cartoon – Tom and Jerry
- Favorite Footballer – Lionel Messi
- Favorite Football Team – Barcelona
- Favorite Destination –New York, USA, Venice, Puglia in Italy
- Favorite Soap – La Prairie
- Favorite Director – Anurag Basu, Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Favorite Food – Foodie. He likes every food like Sushi, Vada Pav, Dosa. He comes from a Punjabi family.
- Favorite Cuisines – Chinese and Italian
Ranbir Kapoor Net worth
Ranbir Kapoor’s has an estimated net worth of $40 million dollars as of 2023.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ranbir Kapoor
- Ranbir is the fourth generation of the highly prestigious and first family of Bollywood- Kapoor family.
- Kapoor got his name from his grandfather, Raj Kapoor, as his real name was Ranbir Raj Kapoor.
- He was the first from his Kapoor group to pass Class 10 and finish College.
- During the 9/11 attack in New York in 2001, he was on the street near the World Trade Center.
- His mother is a health freak and takes care of Ranbir’s health by giving him healthy vegetable juices every morning.
- Apart from earning a handsome amount of money from his films, he still takes his pocket money of ₹1500/week from his mother.
- He is very much Brand conscious and prefers wearing Prada slippers at home.
- He is the cousin of Kareena Kapoor and Karishma Kapoor.
- He considers football as his favourite stress-buster and is the co-owner of the Indian Super League football team Mumbai City FC.
- He is not so active on social media handles like Twitter, Facebook.
- He learned acting from the same school as the American actor, Al Pacino (Ranbir’s role model), i.e. The Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York.
- He is the great-grandson of the legendary Prithviraj Kapoor.
- Ranbir has co-hosted the 54th, 56th and 57th edition of Filmfare Awards with Imran Khan and Shahrukh Khan.
- In November 2010, he appeared on the talk show Koffee with Karan.
- In 2018, Kapoor collaborated with Aamir Khan‘s Paani Foundation to help local farmers and villagers suffering from drought in parts of Maharastra.
- In 2018, Ranbir was seen in “Sanju”, an Indian biographical drama film based on the life of actor Sanjay Dutt, and Ranbir has portrayed Sanjay Dutt in the film.