Rishi Kapoor was an Indian actor known for his work in Hindi cinema. He received the National Film Award for Best Child Artist for his debut role in his father Raj Kapoor’s 1970 film Mera Naam Joker. He had his first lead role as an adult, opposite Dimple Kapadia in the teen romance Bobby, which won him the Filmfare Award for Best Actor.
Rishi played leading roles as the romantic lead in 92 films between 1973 and 2000. Some of his notable films during this period were Khel Khel Mein, Kabhi Kabhie, Amar Akbar Anthony and Chandni. In 2000s, he played character roles to critical acclaim in Love Aaj Kal, Agneepath and Mulk.
Rishi Raj Kapoor
Actor, Producer, Director, Owner Of R.K. Films
Birthday / Date of Birth
Rishi Kapoor was born on the 4th of September 1952, in Bombay, Maharashtra, India.
He’s currently 67 years old.
In 30 April 2020, Rishi died at the age of 67 IST, at H.N. Reliance Hospital in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, due to complications with bone marrow cancer.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Rishi did his schooling at Campion School, Mumbai. Later, he joined Mayo College located in Ajmer.
- Father – Raj Kapoor (Actor, Producer, Director)
- Mother – Krishna Raj Kapoor
- Siblings – Randhir Kapoor (Older Brother) (Actor), Rajiv Kapoor (Younger Brother) (Actor, Producer, Director), Ritu Nanda (Younger Sister) (Designer), Rima Jain (Younger Sister)
- Relatives – Prithviraj Kapoor (Grandfather) (Actor, Producer, Director), Kareena Kapoor (Niece) (Actress), Karishma Kapoor (Niece) (Actress), Prem Nath (Maternal Uncle), Rajendra Nath (Maternal Uncle), Shashi Kapoor (Paternal Uncle), Shammi Kapoor (Paternal Uncle), Karan Kapoor (Cousin), Prem Kishen (Cousin), Monty Nath (Cousin), Karan Kapoor (Cousin), Rajee Singh (Son-in-law) (Actress), Vijay Kapoor (Uncle), Subbiraj (Uncle), Prem Nath (Uncle), Bina Rai (Aunt)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rishi Kapoor has dated –
- Neetu Singh (1980-2020) – In 22 January 1980, Rishi was married to Indian actress Neetu Kapoor until his death in April 2020. The pair had appeared as an onscreen couple in more than 15 films. They had 2 children together, a son named Ranbir Kapoor who is also a famous Bollywood actor and was born on September 28, 1982 and a daughter named Riddhima Kapoor Sahani, who was born on September 15, 1980 and is a designer.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 90 kg
- In Pounds – 198 lbs
- Measurements – 44-14-36
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35 cm
- Waist – 36 in or 91.5 cm
His shoe size is 11 (US).
Rishi was best known for his role as a child artist in his father Raj Kapoor’s 1970 film Mera Naam Joker for which he received the National Film Award and his role in the film Bobby for which he received the Filmfare Best Actor award.
In 1970, Rishi made his theatrical film debut as a child artist in his father Raj Kapoor’s film, Mera Naam Joker.
In 1995, Rishi made his first television show appearance on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa as Himself.
Rishi Kapoor has appeared in the TV commercials for the popular brand such as Pepsi & Kabzend.
In 2015, Rishi beef eating remark on Twitter created a huge controversy. He was denounced heavily by the Hindu hardliners. After he criticized Indian National Congress for naming public assets after Gandhi dynasty, the Congress supporters named a public toilet after Rishi Kapoor in response to his tweet.
In 2016, Rishi created a controversy again at Actress Asin and Rahul Sharma’s marriage. Reportedly, Rishi was annoyed with the loud music and the lighting at a party at the marriage venue. Rahul Sharma had to intervene there. The party lasted only an hour after Rishi left.
Rishi Kapoor Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Amitabh Bachchan, Rajesh Khanna, Raj Kapoor
- Favorite Cosine – Chinese, Japanese
- Favorite Drinks – Black Label Whiskey
- Favorite Food – Palak Paneer, Baingan Bharta, Yellow Tadka Dal, Eggs Cooked Akoori Style, Yakhni Pulao, Khatti Dal, Fish Fry
Rishi Kapoor Net worth
Rishi Kapoor has an estimated net worth of $40 million dollars as of 2020. He has own Audi R8, Mercedes-Benz S-Class (W222), Nissan X-Trail Car.
Social Media Profiles
- Twitter – Rishi Kapoor
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rishi Kapoor
- His debut film Bobby’s scene where Rishi meets Dimple in her house was inspired by the real-life meeting of Raj Kapoor and Nargis.
- Rishi is considered as the original Prince of Romance in Bollywood.
- He is very popular in Nigeria and people in Nigeria have nicknamed him, Mace which means woman.
- Rishi underwent depression for some time when his movie, Karz turned out to be a big flop.
- He made his directorial debut with the film Aa Ab Laut Chalen starring Aishwarya Rai and Akshaye Khanna.
- In 1998, His last film as a romantic actor was Karobar that released.
- In 2008, He was honoured with the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award.
- In 2015, the actor was caught in a controversy when he tweeted about being a beef-eating Hindu.
- In 15 January 2017, he released his autobiography, Khullam Khulla: Rishi Kapoor Uncensored in which he disclosed that to get the best actor award for his role in his debut film, Bobby he had paid ₹30,000.
- In 2018, it was speculated that he had stage III cancer.
- In 2019, his two films were released Jhootha Kahin Ka a comedy-drama film directed by Smeep Kang and The Body.