Kareena Kapoor also known by her married name Kareena Kapoor Khan, is an Indian actress who appears in Hindi films. She is the daughter of actors Randhir Kapoor and Babita and the younger sister of actress Karisma Kapoor.
Kareena Randhir Kapoor
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kareena was born on 21 September 1980, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
She is currently 38 years old.
She has Punjabi ancestry on her dad’s side while she is of Sindhi and British descent on her mom’s side.
Kareena Kapoor attended Jamnabai Narsee School in Mumbai and then Welham Girls’ School in Dehradun. She later joined Mithibai College in Mumbai and studied commerce. She also took microcomputer course at Harvard University in United States for three months. She then enrolled at the Government Law college in Mumbai, however, she dropped out realizing that it wasn’t her cup of coffee. She developed an interest in acting and joined an acting school in Mumbai, where Kishore Namit Kapoor was her mentor.
- Father – Randhir Kapoor (Actor)
- Mother – Babita (née Shivdasani) (Actress)
- Siblings – Karisma Kapoor (Older Sister) (Actress)
- Relatives – Raj Kapoor (Paternal Grandfather) (Filmmaker, Actor), Hari Shivdasani (Maternal Grandfather) (Actor), Rishi Kapoor (Paternal Uncle) (Actor), Prithviraj Kapoor (Paternal Great-Grandfather) (Actor), Dewan Basheswarnath Kapoor (Paternal Great-Great-Grandfather) (Actor)
Her publicist is Raindrop Media Pvt. Ltd.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kareena Kapoor dated –
- Shahid Kapoor – She has been romantically linked with Bollywood actor Shahid Kapoor.
- Saif Ali Khan (2012-Present) – Kareena Kappor and Saif Ali Khan married on 16 October 2012. The couple welcomed their first child, son Taimur Ali Khan in December 2016 who took birth at Breach Candy Hospital in Mumbai.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 36-26-34
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Her fashion style and her film roles.
Kapoor made her acting debut in 2000 with the Bollywood film, Refugee playing the role of Nazneen “Naaz ahmed” for which she received Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut.
In 2012, she appeared in the episode 154 as Mahi Arora in the television series Punar Vivah. The same year, she also appeared in the crime series C.I.D as herself.
Kareena has endorsed the following brands and products but not limited to QMobile (2013) (Pakistan Mobile Phone Brand), Boro Plus, Limca (2013), Lakme Reinvent (2013), Garnier, Lavie Handbags, Sony Vaio Laptops, Lakme Poptints, Malabar Gold and Diamonds, Globus Clothing (2007-2012).
Kareena Kapoor Favorites
- Favorite Movies – Breakfast At Tiffany’s (1961), Cat On A Hot Tin Roof (1958), Love Story (1970), Ben Hur (1959). She mainly likes old movies.
- Favorite Food – Chinese, Italian, and Thai
- Favorite Perfume – Jean Paul Gaultier
- Favorite Sport – Swimming
- Favorite Color – Red and Black
- Favorite Music – Sixties’ songs
- Favorite Actress – Babita, Nargis, Karishma Kapoor, Meena Kumari
- Favorite Actor – Shahrukh Khan, Raj Kapoor
- Favorite Location – London
Kareena Kapoor Net worth
Kareena Kapoor has a estimated net worth of $15 million dollars as of 2019. She charges Rs 7- 8 crore per film. Kareena is one of the high profile celebrity endorsers in the country who takes Rs 3 -4 crore per endorsement deal. Kareena has an impressive fleet of expensive cars such as BMW 7 Series, LX 470 SUV and Mercedes S350. She owns several real estate properties in Indian as well as in the UK. She lives with her family in the Fortune Height apartment located in the posh area of Bandra in Mumbai.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kareena Kapoor
- Kareena got maximum exposure to cinema since she was from a family of actors. However, her inspiration for acting was from Bollywood actresses like Nargis and Meena Kumari.
- She loves Horseback riding and cooking.
- She became the only Indian actress to be featured on CNNGo’s list of “Who Mattered Most in India”, and was later selected by Verve for its list of the country’s most powerful women from 2008 to 2013.
- In June 2010, Kapoor was named “India’s Most Beautiful Woman” by the Indian edition of People magazine; Eastern Eye and Indian Maxim named her as “Asia’s Sexiest Woman” and “India’s Hottest Woman” in 2011 and 2012 respectively.
- Kareena Kapoor has received six Filmfare Awards out of ten nominations, including Best Female Debut in 2000 for ‘Refugee,’ the Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress for ‘Jab We Met’ (2007) and ‘We Are Family’ (2010) respectively.
- She received the Smita Patil Memorial Award for her contributions to the Hindi film industry in 2006.
- Kareena Kapoor is actively involved in a number of philanthropic endeavors. She began working with UNICEF in 2014 to advocate the education of girls and increase quality based education in India. She has also been an ambassador for the Shakti Campaign, a project launched by NDTV to combat violence against women.
- Kareena was inspired by Bollywood actresses like Nargis and Meena Kumari as well as her older sister Karisma Kapoor.
- Kareena loves horseback riding and cooking.
- Kareena Kapoor is no longer in size zero but her size zero inspired many others including Ileana D’Cruz (Indian Actress) to head towards size zero.
- In 2012, she revealed that her grandfather Raj Kapoor used to love Karisma Kapoor (Kareena’s older sister) more than her. During summers, he would end up giving two mangoes to Karisma and just one to Kareena. Also, both Raj Kapoor and Karisma had blue eyes. So, it was a biased love.
- Kapoor’s wax statue was also made in the past and kept at the famous London’s Madame Tussauds museum.