Alia Bhatt is an actress and singer of Indian origin and British citizenship, who works in Hindi films. The recipient of several accolades including two Filmfare Awards, Bhatt is one of the highest paid actresses in India. She has appeared in Forbes India‘s Celebrity 100 list since 2014 and was featured by Forbes Asia in their 30 Under 30 list of 2017.
Actress, Model, Singer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Alia Bhatt was born on the 15th of March 1993, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
She is currently 29 years old.
Her father is of Gujarati descent and her mother is of Kashmiri and German ancestry.
In May 2011, Bhatt graduated from Jamnabai Narsee School IB.
- Father – Mahesh Bhatt, Filmmaker
- Mother – Soni Razdan, Actress
- Siblings – Shaheen Bhatt (Elder Sister), Pooja Bhatt (Step-Sister), Rahul Bhatt (Step-Brother)
- Relatives – Emraan Hashmi (Cousin), Mohit Suri (Cousin), Mukesh Bhatt (Uncle)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alia Bhatt has dated-
- Ranbir Kapoor (2017-Present) – In 2017, Alia Bhatt was dating actor Ranbir Kapoor. They were keeping the relationship low and out of media. They married on 14 April 2022 in a traditional Hindu ceremony at their apartment in Mumbai. In November that year, she gave birth to their daughter Raha.
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters – 1.6 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 34-23-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 23 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Alia has received several accolades including four Filmfare Awards. One of India’s highest-paid actresses, she has appeared in Forbes India‘s Celebrity 100 list since 2014 and was awarded the TIME100 Impact Award (2022).
In 1999, As a child artist, she first appeared in film Sangharsh, in which she played the role of young Preity Zinta. In 2012, as an actress, She starred in 2012 film Student of the Year as Shanaya Singania alongside Sidharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan.
Alia has appeared in commercials about Nestle Fruita Vitals, Coca-Cola, Hero Pleasure and the list goes on.
Alia Bhatt Favorites
- Favorite Actors – Shah Rukh Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Govinda, Leonardo DiCaprio
- Favorite Actress – Kareena Kapoor, Kim Kardashian
- Favorite Perfume – Gucci
- Favorite Pet – Cat
- Favorite Hobbies – Gyming, Partying, Singing
- Favorite Food – Ragi Chips, French Fries, Rasgulla, Moong Dal Halwa
Alia Bhatt Net worth
Alia Bhatt has a net worth of $6 million dollars as of 2023. She makes around 2 -3 crore per film and her high-profile endorsement deals rake in her net worth. She owns a few exotic cars including a Mercedes ML, a Audi Q5, a Audi A6, and a BMW 3 Series, all of which she bought from her own savings.
Social Media Portfolio
- Facebook – Alia Bhatt
- Instagram – aliaabhatt
- Twitter – Alia Bhatt
Some Lesser Known Facts About Alia Bhatt
- Alia started acting at the tender age of two as a child artist in the 1999 thriller Sangharsh and her first acting role as a leading lady in 2012 with Karan Johar’s Student of the Year, alongside Sidharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan.
- She is the niece of Indian model Tina Razdan.
- Being afraid if dark, Alia Bhatt never switch off the lights even at night.
- Alia has supposed to buy Mini Copper as her first car, but ended up buying Mercedes ML. She has quite a bunch of exotic and expensive cars in her garage, which she bought from her own money.
- She moved into her new house along with her sister. It’s a three bedroom lavish house located in the Juhu subrubs in Mumbai.
- In 2012, she was featured on the cover of Vogue magazine of Indian edition.
- She was desperate that her debut film should not be directed or produced by her father and in fact, it came true.
- In 2013, she manged to get in the list of: Most Desirable Women of 2012 at number 19.
- She was named the Most Promising Female Newcomer in Hot list 2012 by Times of India the same year.
- In 2014, Alia has launches her own clothing line for women in collaboration with Jabong.com
- She is a celebrity endorser for brands like Philips India, Coca-Cola, Maybelline, Garnier, Cornetto and Caprese. And, for each deal, she make around one crore Indian rupees.
- She has a celebrity crush on Ranbir Kapoor.
- In 2017, Forbes listed her in their 30 under 30 Asia list.
- In 2022, Alia was ranked in the 97th position in The Indian Express‘s listing of the most powerful Indians.