Deepika Padukone is an Indian film actress. One of the highest paid actresses in India, Padukone is the recipient of several awards, including three Filmfare Awards. In 2018, Deepika features in listings of the nation’s most popular personalities and Time named her one of the 100 most influential people in the world.
Deepika Padukone was born on 5th of January 1986, in Copenhagen, Denmark.
She is currently 36 years old.
Deepika attended Sophia High School in Bangalore and Mount Carmel College in Bangalore. She was enrolled to Bachelors of Arts (Sociology) in Indira Gandhi National Open University. She dropped out of the college to pursue her acting career and then joined Anupam Kher’s film academy to study acting.
- Father – Prakash Padukone (Former Badminton Player)
- Mother – Ujjala Padukone (Travel Agent)
- Siblings – Anisha Padukone (Younger Sister, Golfer)
- Relatives – Ramesh (Paternal Grandfather) (Secretary of the Mysore Badminton Association)
Kwan Entertainment (Mumbai, India)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Deepika has dated –
- Muzammil Ibrahim (2004) – She was engaged to actor Muzammil Ibrahim briefly in 2004.
- Nihar Pandya – Deepika dated her first boyfriend Nihar when she was not well known as an actress (mainly during her modeling days) and broke out to better focus on her acting career. But, a couple of years later, she was again spotted with Nihar.
- Ranbir Kapoor (2007-2008) – Ranbir and Deepika remained an item for quite some time. They had appeared together on-screen in the 2008 film Bachna Ae Haseeno.
- Yuvraj Singh (2008) – Deepika, when she was still an emerging actress dated Indian cricketer, Yuvraj Singh briefly nearing 2008. The relationship ended when Yuvi started interfering in Deepika’s personal matters on what to wear and with whom she should meet.
- Siddharth Mallya (2010-2012) – For about two years, from March 2010 to February 2012, the actress Deepika and business tycoon Siddharth Mallya were an item. They split after Deepika ended the relationship citing “irreconcilable differences in class and status”.
- Ranveer Singh (2013-Present) – Ranveer was to be dating Deepika at that time. They had been seen getting cozy during the parties multiple times. But, neither of the party confirmed their relationship. But, they admitted about their relationship with time. In November 2018, the couple tied the knot at Lake Como, Italy in a traditional Konkani ceremony.
- In feet – 5 feet 8½ inches
- In centimeters – 174 cm
- In meters – 1.74 m
- In Kilograms – 60 kg
- In Pounds – 132 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-36
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 9.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Having best body in business and her first film in Bollywood opposite Shah Rukh Khan’s Om Shanti Om (2007) for which she got Filmfare Best Female Debut Award.
In 2006, Deepika first appeared in the Kannada film Aishwarya. She debuted in Hindi in the film Om Shanti Om (2007) playing the role of Sandhya.
Fashion Show Debut
Deepika debuted on the runway at Lakme Fashion Week in 2005 when she walked for designer Suneet Varma.
Deepika has endorsed brands like Liril, Dabur Lal powder, Close-Up toothpaste, Limca, Jewels of India, Parachute’s Advanced Massager, Levi Strauss (India) Pvt. Ltd., Maybelline, etc.
Deepika Padukone Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Aamir Khan, Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, Amitabh Bachchan
- Favorite Actress – Hema Malini, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi
- Favorite Designers – Tarun Tahiliani, Manish Malhotra, Rohit Bal
- Favorite Food – South Indian Food, Particularly, Dosa, Upma
- Favorite Book – Little Women
- Favorite Movies – Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), The Color of Paradise (1999), Cinderella Man(2005), Mary Poppins (1964)
- Favorite Holiday Destination – France
- Favorite Perfume – Hugo Boss
- Favorite Color – White, Mauve
Deepika Padukone Net worth
Deepika Padukone has an estimated net worth of $20 million dollars as of 2022. Deepika is one of the highest paid actresses in Bollywood. Padukone has quite large collection of exotic cars like Audi Q7, Audi A8, Mini cooper, BMW 5 Series, and Mercedes-Benz G63. She lives in a lavish 2,776 sq-feet apartment featuring four bed room with three parking slots in BeauMonde Towers, Prabhadevi.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Deepika Padukone
- Twitter – Deepika Padukone
- Instagram – deepikapadukone
Some Lesser Known Facts About Deepika Padukone
- Padukone loves music, eating, sleeping and watching movies and played badminton at national level till 10th standard.
- As a child, Deepika was shy of making friends and not a social person.
- She was a national level badminton player. Well, that’s a known fact. But, she was also a state level basketball player.
- At 17, she entered the glamour world putting an end to her ambition of becoming a badminton player. She did become popular only after liril ad and from there, there is no turning back.
- In 2009, started writing weekly columns for HT City, the lifestyle section of Hindustan Times. These columns appear online on social network, Desimartini.
- She mastered a Japanese martial art form Jujutsu for the movie Chandni Chowk to China, where she performed all the stunts without a body double.
- She learned sword fight, horse riding and martial art Kalaripayattu to depict the character of warrior princess Mastani in the film Bajirao Mastani.
- Deepika had adopted a village in Maharashtra, Ambegaon as a part of NDTV’s Greenathon Campaign, to provide electricity.
- She made her debut in Hollywood with the film Return of Xander Cage starring opposite Vin Diesel.
- She has faced the problem of depression in her life. It is after overcoming depression that she founded the Live Love Foundation.
- Padukone, one of the highest paid actresses in India while she is the mots followed women in Asia on Twitter with more than 20 million followers.
- Visit her official website @ deepikapadukone.com.