Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia, known professionally as Akshay Kumar, is an Indian actor, producer, television personality, martial artist, stuntman and philanthropist who works in Bollywood films. In a career spanning over twenty five years, Kumar has appeared in over a hundred films and has won several awards, including the National Film Award for Best Actor for his performance in Rustom (2017), and two Filmfare Awards for Ajnabee (2001) and Garam Masala (2005). He is one of the highest paid actors in the world.
Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia
Akki, King Kumar, Khiladi, Mac, The King of Bollywood, Raju
Actor, Producer, Martial Artist, Stuntman, TV Personality
Birthday / Date of Birth
Akshay Kumar was born on 9 September 1967, in Amritsar, Punjab, India.
He’s currently 51 years old.
Akshay attended Don Bosco School in Mumbai, Maharashtra and then Guru Nanak Khalsa College in Mumbai.
Indian / Asian
He is of Punjabi decent.
- Father – Hari Om Bhatia (Worked in Indian Army)
- Mother – Aruna Bhatia (Film Producer)
- Siblings – Alka Bhatia (Sister)
- Relatives – Rajesh Khanna (Father-in-law) (Actor) (Died on July 18, 2012), Dimple Kapadia (Mother-in-law) (Actress), Rinke Khanna (Sister-in-law) (Actress)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Akshay Kumar dated –
- Shilpa Shetty (1997-2000) – From 1997 to 2000, Akshay dated actress Shilpa Shetty. He is nearly 8 years her senior.
- Twinkle Khanna (2001-Present) – In 2001, Akshay started dating actress Twinkle Khanna and on January 17, 2001, the couple got married. However, they were engaged twice before their marriage. The couple has two children together – son Aarav (born – September 2002), and daughter Nitara (born – September 25, 2012).
- In feet – 5 feet 11 inches
- In centimeters – 180 cm
- In meters – 1.8 m
- In Kilograms – 75 kg
- In Pounds – 165 lbs
- Measurements – 44-15-32
- Chest – 44 inches
- Biceps / Arms – 15 inches
- Waist – 32 inches
He wears a size 12 (US) shoe.
Best Known For
His appearance in action films like Khiladi (1992), Main Khiladi Tu Anari (1994), Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi (1996), Khiladi 420 (2000), Khiladi 786 (2012), 2.0 (2018).
He debuted in the 1991 Bollywood film Saugandh as Shiva for which he won Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut.
He first appeared on television in 2008 as a host of the reality TV series Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi (season 1).
Akshay has been associated with numerous brands and appeared in their commercials including Sparx Shoes, Dollar Club Big Boss Innerwear, Honda Dream Yuga, Sugar-Free, Eveready batteries, Micromax Mobile, Signature Premier, Lloyd LED TV, Grasim Suitings, Manappuram Gold Loan, Sonic, Sure Men Deo, Pearls Group, Red Label, Canadian Tourism, LG Electronics, etc.
Akshay Kumar Favorites
- Favorite Cuisine – Thai, homemade Punjabi food
- Favorite Movies – Bandish (1980), Kudrat (1981), Aanchal (1980), Ashanti (1982), Souten (1983), Awaaz (1984), Dharm Aur Qanoon (1984), Maqsad (1984), Life is Beautiful (1997)
- Favorite Fruit – Mango
- Favorite Actor – Kamal Haasan, Ranveer Singh
Akshay Kumar Net worth
Being one of the highest paid actors in the world by Forbes magazine, Akshay Kumar has a net worth of $190 million dollars. He takes Rs 25 crore upwards per film as salary for his work, and of course, one of the best in class actors in Indian cinema whose movies have made millions of dollars against their making budget.
He is of a car guy who has some expensive exotic cars in his garage, including Porsche Cayenne, Rolls Royce, BMW 7 series, Honda CRV, Bentley Continental GT, and cars from other brands like Mercedes, Fiat, Ferrari and Nissan. He lives in a sea facing Bungalow in Juhu with his family. Apart from that, he also owns a handful of properties across the country.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Akshay Kumar
- He holds dual citizenship of Canada as well as India, likely an Overseas Citizen of India.
- Being mastered in martial arts, he worked as a martial arts instructor in the past. He owns a black belt in Taekwondo.
- He briefly did modeling before establishing himself as a actor in the Indian cinema. He has also worked as a chef whilst he was in Bangkok, Thailand.
- He likes rock climbing, swimming and listening to music.
- In 2004, he was honoured with the Rajiv Gandhi Award for his outstanding achievements in Bollywood.
- In 2008, the University of Windsor conferred an Honorary Doctorate on Kumar in recognition of his contribution to Indian cinema.
- Akshay Kumar was often called as “Indian Jackie Chan” for his exclusive and dangerous stunts without using body doubles. He has also worked as a stunt man during the early days of his showbiz career.
- He has his own production company called Hari Om Entertainment through which he produces films that adds a great value to his net worth.
- In 2009, Akshay was conferred with Padma Shri by the Government of India.
- In 2011, The Asian Awards honoured Kumar for his outstanding achievement in Cinema.
- In 2012, he founded another production company called Grazing Goat Pictures.
- He also owns the team Khalsa Warriors in the World Kabaddi League.
- As of August 2017, he is the tenth highest paid actor in the world, according to Forbes.
- Akshay Kumar was one of the 15 international celebrities invited for the Olympics torch-bearer rally to Canada.
- He calls his army of fans as Akkians.
- He has worked in a restaurant named “Metro Guest House” in Bangkok previously.