Sanjay Dutt is one of the most famous Indian actor, author and film producer who works in Hindi films. In 1986, after the success of his blockbuster film Naam, he was counted among the leading Bollywood heroes of that time. Dutt earned his first Best Actor at the ceremony for playing a common man turned gangster in Vaastav: The Reality. He also won accolades for playing an army officer in Mission Kashmir, a soft-hearted goofy gangster in Munna Bhai M.B.B.S and its sequel Lage Raho Munna Bhai. In 2018, Sanju a biopic based on his life was released to positive reviews and emerged as one of the highest grossers of Indian cinema.
Sanjay Balraj Dutt
Sanju Baba, Baba, Munna Bhai, The Nayak of Hindi Cinema, The Arnold Schwarzenegger of India
Actor, Producer, Politician, Television Presenter
Birthday / Date of Birth
Sanjay Dutt was born on the 29th of July 1959, in Bombay, Maharashtra, India.
He’s currently 60 years old.
Dutt lives in a lavish and swanky apartment in the Imperial Heights building at the iconic Pali Hills in Mumbai.
He has Punjabi ancestry.
Sanjay has done his schooling from The Lawrence School, Sanawar near Kasauli, Himachal Pradesh, India.
- Father – Sunil Dutt (Actor, producer, director, and politician) (He also served as the Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports.)
- Mother – Nargis Dutt (Actress)
- Siblings – Priya Dutt (Younger Sister) (Politician and former Member of Parliament), Namrata Dutt (Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sanjay Dutt has dated –
- Tina Munim (1981)– Sanjay started going out with actress Tina Munim in 1981. They had met on the sets of his movie, Rocky in which he made his debut as the lead actor. While shooting for the movie, they started dating. However, their relationship didn’t last long as she dumped him and started dating much older Rajesh Khanna.
- Richa Sharma (1987–1996) – After dating for a brief period of time, Sanjay got married to his first wife Richa Sharma. A year after their marriage, Richa gave birth to their daughter, Trishala. Shortly after Trishala’s birth, she was diagnosed with cancer. The other narrative suggests that they separated much later after her diagnosis. He was involved in a custody battle with his in-laws after the death of his wife in 1996.
- Lisa Ray – After the collapse of his marriage with Richa Sharma, Sanjay found solace in a relationship with model Lisa Ray. However, their relationship lasted for a brief time.
- Madhuri Dixit – Sanjay started dating actress Madhuri Dixit towards the start of the 90s. It is reported that they had started dating after having grown fond of each other while shooting for the movie, Saajan. By the time their iconic movie Khalnayak was released in 1993, they had gone separate ways. She had dumped him as she felt it wasn’t right for her career and image.
- Rhea Pillai (1998-2005) – Sanjay was in a relationship with model Rhea Pillai. She was spotted making innumerable visits during his jail terms. A year after he was eventually released, Sanjay got married to Rhea in 1998. However, once again his marriage didn’t last the distance and they got divorced in 2005.
- Manyata (2008-Present)– Sanjay was introduced to his third wife Manyata by producer Nitin Manmohan. Manyata was wearing a simple saree and he was smitten by her simplicity. They got married in 2008 in a private ceremony in Goa. In October 2010, she gave birth to twins, a girl named Iqra and a boy named Shahraan.
- In feet – 6 feet 0½ inches
- In centimeters – 184 cm
- In meters – 1.84 m
- In Kilograms – 85 kg
- In Pounds – 187 lbs
- Measurements – 44-16-36
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 36 in or 91.5 cm
His shoe size is 12 (US).
Sanjay proved his talent in the Indian film industry with the movies like Rocky (1981), Naam (1986), Saajan (1991), Vaastav: The Reality (1999), Munna Bhai M.B.B.S (2003) and its sequel Lage Raho Munna Bhai (2006).
In 1971, Sanjay started his career in the Indian film Industry as a child actor with the film, Reshma Aur Shera. In 1981, His first film as a lead actor was Rocky which was directed by his father.
In 1988, Sanjay made his first television show appearance as himself in the television show, Network East.
Sanjay Dutt has appeared in the TV commercials for the popular brand such as Haywards 5000 Soda (along with Suniel Shetty), Divya Vest, Yogiraj Cool Oil, Pepsi, Rupa Frontline, Rotary Watches, Goa Gutka, Venky’s Chicken & Thums Up.
Sanjay Dutt Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Amitabh Bachchan, Rajesh Khanna
- Favorite Actress – Sharmila Tagore, Nargis
- Favorite Singer – Lata Mangeshkar, Kishore Kumar
- Favorite Book – A Stone For Danny Fisher by Harold Robbins
- Favorite Food – Tandoori Chicken
Sanjay Dutt Net worth
Sanjay Dutt has an estimated net worth of $22 million dollars as of 2020. He has a good collection of cars such as Red Ferrari 599 GTB, Porsche SUV, Rolls Royce Ghost, a two-seater Audi R8, Audi Q7 and BMW 7 series.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sanjay Dutt
- Sanjay plays the guitar very well and has won the Gold medal for playing the guitar in a competition in the USA.
- While growing up, he was kidnapped by the dacoits from the sets of Mujhe Jeene Do. He was returned a day later without any harm done.
- He has established his production company by the name Sanjay Dutt Productions. The company is managed by his wife Manyata.
- In 1992, he was nominated for the Filmfare Best Actor Award for the first time for the film, Saajan.
- In 1993, he was arrested by police under the provisions of the Terrorist and Disruptive Activities (Prevention) Act (TADA). He had been accused of accepting delivery of illegal weapon from preparators of the 1993 bombings.
- In October 1995, he was granted bail by the Supreme court but was arrested again a couple of months later in December and was eventually granted bail in April 1997.
- In 2003, the character of Munna Bhai in the National Award-winning blockbuster film Munna Bhai M.B.B.S. is considered the iconic role in his career.
- In July 2007, Dutt was slapped with six years prison sentence by the TADA court after having found him guilty of illegal possession of weapons.
- In 2009, Lok Sabha Elections, Samajwadi Party gave him a ticket to contest the election but due to his illegal possession of arms case, he couldn’t start the campaign and withdrew his candidature.
- In 2011, he appeared as a co-host with the actor Salman Khan in a television show, Bigg Boss Season 5.
- In January 2012, he joined hands with entrepreneur Raj Kundra to launch India’s first organized and professional MMA league named Super Fight League.
- In 2018, it was confirmed that Ranbir Kapoor would play the role of Sanjay Dutt in his biopic titled Sanju.