Sushmita Sen is an Indian film actress and model who was crowned Femina Miss India in 1994 and Miss Universe 1994 contest at the age of 18. She is the first Indian woman to win the competition and has primarily worked in Hindi films. In 2010, Sushmita played the role of a successful supermodel called Shimmer in Dulha Mil Gaya the film was a moderate success that year.
Sushmita Shubeer Sen
Birthday / Date of Birth
Sushmita Sen was born on the 19th of November 1975, in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India.
She’s currently 44 years old.
Sushmita attended St. Ann’s High School in Secunderabad, Telangana (then Andhra Pradesh). Later, she enrolled in Air Force Golden Jubilee Institute in New Delhi. She did not study much and jumped into the world of modeling.
- Father – Shuber Sen (Former Indian Air Force Wing Commander)
- Mother – Subhra Sen (Jewellery designer and owner of a Dubai-based store)
- Siblings – Rajeev Sen (Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sushmita Sen has dated –
- Rajat Tara (1993-1994) – Rajat had been dating Sen. But, it was before she won Miss Universe crown. They separated in 1994.
- Wasee Panah (2001) – In 2001, Italian businessman, Wasee Panah dated Sushmita for a short time.
- Randeep Hooda (2007-2010) – Randeep Hooda, another Bollywood personality’s name was linked with Sen. He dated her for nearly 3 years. The relationship is now all over.
- Mudassar Aziz (2008-2010) – In 2010 Director Aziz first met Sen during the filming of the 2008 movie Dulha Mil Gaya. They broke up.
- Rohman Shawl (2018-Present) – Sen is currently dating Rohman Shawl, who is a fashion model. Sen revealed that the she met Shawl through Instagram. Sen adopted a baby girl, Renee in 2000 and a second girl, Alisah in 2010.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-36
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 33B
She wears a size 10 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Sushmita is one of the renowned beauty peasants from India. In 1994, she won the title Femina Miss India Universe and Miss Universe. In 2000, she won a Filmfare Award for Best supporting actress for her role in Bibi No.1.
In 1996, she made her acting debut film, Dastak for her role as Miss Universe Sushmita Sen and directed, produced and written by Mahesh Bhatt, Mukesh Bhatt and Vikram Bhatt.
Sushmita Sen has endorsed brands such as Kalyan Jewellers & Assotech.
Awards & Nominations
|2000||Filmfare Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Biwi No.1||Won|
|2000||Filmfare Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Sirf Tum||Nominated|
|2000||Star Screen Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Biwi No.1||Won|
|2000||Star Screen Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Sirf Tum||Nominated|
|2000||IIFA Awards||IIFA Best Supporting Actress Award||Sirf Tum||Nominated|
|2000||IIFA Awards||IIFA Best Supporting Actress Award||Biwi No.1||Won|
|2000||Zee Cine Award||Best Supporting Actress||Biwi No.1||Won|
|2001||Planet-Bollywood People’s Choice Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Bas Itna Sa Khwaab Hai||Nominated|
|2003||Filmfare Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Filhaal…||Nominated|
|2003||Star Screen Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Filhaal…||Nominated|
|2003||IIFA Awards||IIFA Best Supporting Actress Award||Filhaal…||Nominated|
|2003||Zee Cine Award||Best Supporting Actress||Filhaal…||Won|
|2004||Star Screen Awards||Best Actress||Samay: When Time Strikes||Nominated|
|2005||Stardust Award||Star of the Year -Female||Main Hoon Na||Nominated|
|2005||Zee Cine Award||Best Supporting Actress||Main Hoon Na||Nominated|
|2006||Rajiv Gandhi Award||Achievement in Bollywood||N/A||Won|
|2013||Mother Teresa Awards||Social Justice||N/A||Won|
|2016||Indian Affairs India Leadership Conclave||Eternal Beauty & Actress of the Decade||N/A||Won|
|2016||GeoSpa AsiaSpa India Awards||Woman of Substance Award||N/A||Won|
|2017||Lux Golden Rose Awards||Timeless Beauty Award||N/A||Nominated|
|2018||I Am Woman Awards||Woman of Substance Award||N/A||Won|
Sushmita Sen Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Robert De Niro, Shah Rukh Khan
- Favorite Actresses – Angelina Jolie
- Favorite Film – Cleopatra
- Favorite Perfume Brand – Elizabeth Arden’s Red Door
- Favorite Destination – Italy, Indonesia, Maldives, Dubai
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Chocolate Fudge
Sushmita Sen Net worth
Sushmita Sen has an estimated net worth of $1.5 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sushmita Sen
- Sushmita is known as the most stylish and glamorous lady of India.
- She likes to write poetry.
- Till the age of 16, she was not at all good in English but she became fluent in it after a few years.
- Sen loves animals and owns 4 pet dogs and a python.
- In 1994, as a teenager, Sen participated in the Femina Miss India contest. She won the title Femina Miss India Universe, earning the right to compete at the Miss Universe 1994 contest.
- At the Miss Universe contest, Sen ranked third overall in the preliminaries, behind Miss Colombia Carolina Gómez and Miss Venezuela Minorka Mercado. Sen went on to place second, fifth and third in the subsequent rounds and finally won the title and crown of Miss Universe 1994. She was the first Indian to win the title.
- In 1999, her appearance as Rupali in David Dhawan’s movie Biwi No.1 won her the Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award.
- In 2006, it is said that the film Ankahee was very much inspired by the relationship between her and director Vikram Bhatt.
- In 2010, She played the role of a successful supermodel called Shimmer in Dulha Mil Gaya the film was a moderate success that year.
- In 2012, Sen was plundered in Athens, Greece; her passport, credit card and other documents were stolen which made it difficult for her to prove her identity.
- In 2015, she starred in a Bengali drama film titled Nirbaak. In Sushmita’s career, this was her first film in Bengali language.
- In January 2017, she became a judge of the Miss Universe 2016 beauty pageant held in Manila, Philippines.