Malaika Arora is an Indian actress, dancer, model, VJ and television personality who is best known for her all-rounded work throughout Hindi cinema. In 2008, she made her debut as a film producer with former husband Arbaaz Khan founding the company Arbaaz Khan Productions which has created the Dabangg film series. As a dancer, she is acclaimed for her performances in the songs Chaiyya Chaiyya, Gur Naalo Ishq Mitha, Maahi Ve, Kaal Dhamaal and Munni Badnaam Hui. Malaika then entered the modelling world, appearing in many advertisements for album songs like Bally Sagoo’s Gur Naalo Ishq Mitha.
Dancer, Reality TV Personality, Model, Former VJ / Anchor, Producer, Entrepreneur
Birthday / Date of Birth
Malaika Arora was born on the 23rd of October 1973, in Thane, Maharashtra, India.
She’s currently 46 years old.
Juhu, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
She has Punjabi ancestry on her father’s side and Malayali ancestry on her mother’s side.
Malaika studied in Holy Cross High School, Thane till 9th grade. She completed her secondary schooling from Swami Vivekanand School, Chembur. After completing her schooling, she took admission in Jai Hind College, Churchgate but did not complete it on account of professional engagements.
- Father – Anil Arora (Merchant Navy Officer) (Expired)
- Mother – Joyce Arora (Home Chef)
- Siblings – Amrita Arora (Younger Sister) (Former Actress, Model, and VJ)
- Relatives – Shakeel Ladak (Brother-in-Law) (Businessman), Azaan Ladak, Rayaan Ladak (Nephew)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Malaika Arora has dated –
- Arbaaz Khan (1993–2017) – Malaika met former model turned actor, director and Indian film producer, Arbaaz during an advertisement shoot for Coffee brand in the early 1990s. The couple got married in 1998. They have a son named Arhaan (b. November 9, 2002). Due to compatibility issues, Malaika and Arbaaz separated in 2016 and finalized their divorce in May 2017.
- Arjun Kapoor (2017–Present) – In 2017, relationship rumors between Indian film actor, Arjun Kapoor and Malaika Arora began. Arjun is 12 years younger than Malaika. In 2019, the couple publicly confirmed their relationship.
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters – 1.6 m
- In Kilograms – 53 kg
- In Pounds – 117 lbs
- Measurements – 34-27-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 27 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Malaika is one of the hottest Indian actresses. In 1998, her item number Chaiyya Chaiyya from the film, Dil Se got her much fame and recognition. In 2012, She also has been in the jury panel of India’s Got Talent.
In 2008, Malaika appeared in her first major acting role in the film, EMI which turned out to be a big flop at the box-office.
Malaika appeared on the television show Nach Baliye as one of the three judges. The show was aired on STAR One in 2005. Malaika also judged the shows, Nach Baliye 2, Zara Nachke Dikha and Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. She has also been a judge in the show, India Next Top Model.
Malaika Arora has endorsed brands such as Coffee (1993), Pizza Hut (2003), Oriflame Cosmetics (2006), Streax Pro Hair Straightener and Hair color (2010), Emami Zandu Balm (2010), Dabur 30 Plus Energiser (2012), Sunsilk (2012), Swipe 3D Tablet (2012), Taiwan Excellence Care (2013), Gillette Shave or Crave campaign (2012), APL Footwear (2016), Magnum Ice-cream (2017), Richfeel products and services (2017) & Los Angeles Tourism (2018).
Malaika Arora Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Shah Rukh Khan, Rahul Khanna
- Favorite Actress – Deepika Padukone, Helen
- Favorite Perfume Brand – Tom Ford’s Black Orchid
- Favorite Fashion Designers – Wendell Rodricks, Hemant Trivedi, Malini Ramani, Monisha Jaising, Seema Khan
- Favorite Labels – Fenty by Rihanna, Goop by Gwyneth Paltrow
- Favorite Shopping Places – Westfield Century City
- Favorite LA Hotel – Dream Hollywood
- Favorite Beauty Icon – Elizabeth Taylor
- Favorite Fragrance – Bvlgari AQVA
- Favorite Exercise Activity – Pilates
- Favorite Make-Up Essential – Blush
- Favorite Cuisine – Spanish, Japanese
- Favorite Suburban Restaurants – Olive, Seijo & the Soul Dish
- Favorite Mumbai Stores – Kimaya, Ensemble
- Favorite Mumbai Shoe Shop – Rinaldi at Colaba
- Favorite City – New York City
- Favorite LA Hotel – Dream Hollywood
- Favorite Destination – Goa, Greece, Caribbean Island
- Favorite Street Food – Bade Miya and Ranjit’s Vada Pav at Khar
- Favorite Food – Rice with Sambhar, Tea Cake, Fish Curry
Malaika Arora Net worth
Malaika Arora has an estimated net worth of $10 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – malaikaaroraofficial
Some Lesser Known Facts About Malaika Arora
- Malaika started training in dance at the age of 4. During her childhood, Malaika learned Ballet and Bharatnatyam.
- She incepted her modeling career at the age of 17.
- The model’s parents named her after the Swahili word for Angel.
- In 1998, her item number, Chaiyya Chaiyya from the film, Dil Se got her much fame and recognition.
- In 2007, she was declared as the Sexiest Women by Maxim Magazine.
- In 2008, she played her first lead role in the film, EMI which turned out to be a big flop at the box-office.
- In 2010, she featured in the item song Munni Badnaam Hui in the film Dabangg which was produced by her former husband Arbaaz Khan.
- In 2012, she was rewarded with the Taiwan Excellence celebrity endorser Award.
- In 2014, she confirmed that she would make a cameo appearance in the Farah Khan directed action comedy drama film, Happy New Year.
- In 2015, she co-founded a lifestyle brand, The Label Life along with Bipasha Basu and Sussanne Khan.
- In 2018, Malaika launched her Yoga Studio, Divayoga in Mumbai and invited her Ex-husband, Arbaaz Khan on its inauguration.