Radhika Apte is an Indian theater and film actress. Apte began acting in theatre and she made her feature film debut with a brief role in the Hindi fantasy Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi!. Apte has since worked in Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Bengali and English language films. Apte’s first starring role was in the 2009 Bengali social drama Antaheen. She gathered widespread praise for her supporting work in three of her 2015 Bollywood productions including the thriller Badlapur, the comedy Hunterrr and the biographical film Manjhi – The Mountain Man. Her leading roles in the 2016 independent films Phobia and Parched earned her further acclaim. In 2018, Apte starred in three Netflix productions the anthology film Lust Stories, the thriller series Sacred Games and the horror miniseries Ghoul. Radhika Apte has been nominated at the International Emmy Award for the Best Actress for her performance in Netflix’s Lust Stories.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Radhika Apte was born on the 7th of September 1985, in Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India.
She is currently 34 years old.
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Radhika joined Tilak Nagar High School, Dombivli, Maharashtra and later, was home schooled along with four of her friends. During her schooling, Mathematics used to be her favorite subject, which was taught to her by her grandmother, Madhumalati Apte, who was a mathematician and a PhD from France. Along with schooling, Apte also received training in Kathak for eight years. She completed her Bachelor’s in Economics and Mathematics from Fergusson College, Pune. She also went to Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance, London, to get a Diploma in Dance Studies.
- Father – Dr. Charudutt Apte (Neurosurgeon, Chairman of Sahyadri Hospitals)
- Mother – Dr. Jayashree Apte (Anesthesiologist, Former CEO of Sahyadri Hospitals)
- Siblings – Dr. Ketan Apte (Younger Brother) (Business Head at Sahyadri Hospitals)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Radhika Apte has dated –
- Tusshar Kapoor (2011) – Actor Tusshar Kapoor and Radhika met while shooting for the film Shor in the City (2011). It was alleged that Tusshar was impressed with the dusky beauty, who played his on-screen wife, and there were rumors of sparks flying between them. However, there was never any kind of confirmation from reliable sources. After the release of the film, the rumors subsided as well.
- Benedict Taylor (2012-Present) – After moving to London in 2011 to study contemporary dance, she met Benedict Taylor, a world-renowned contemporary musician. The two were immediately drawn to each other and soon after, began living together. Although Radhika was initially skeptical about the institution of marriage, they got married in a court ceremony in September 2012. Her close friend Sarang Sathaye, revealed to the Indian media that the couple had gotten married to sort out their visa issues. Their marriage was officiated in India in March 2013. With their individual work projects taking them to separate parts of the world, they still manage to make their long-distance marriage work by balancing their professional and personal lives well.
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters – 1.6 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 123 lbs
- Measurements – 32-26-34
- Bust – 32 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
Her dress size is 4 (US).
She wears a size 5.5 (US) shoe.
Her impressive performances in films like Badlapur (2015), Phobia (2016), Lust Stories (2018), web series Sacred Games (2018) and many others.
Radhika made her acting debut in 2005 with the role of Anjali in the Bollywood film, Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi!. She marked her debut in Bengali films with Antaheen (2009), in Marathi films with Samaantar (2009), in Telugu films with Rakht Charitra (2010), in Tamil film with Dhoni (2012) and in Malayalam films with Haram (2015).
In 2015, she made her TV show debut as Binodini in the first 3 episodes titled Chokher Bali in the drama series Stories by Rabindranath Tagore.
Radhika has done endorsement work for the following brands: Myntra, Clinique, True Roots, H&M, Pickle Shickle, Vivo mobile phones, VIVO IPL, Max Fashion, Asian Paints, Dineout, Swatch, Daniel Wellington, Uber Eats, Dove, Audible, Bodice, Taco Bell, Tommy Hilfiger, Rivana Gold & Diamonds, Samsung, House Of AYNAT, 25O2, Tata CLiQ, Realme Mobiles, Wills Lifestyle & Jockey.
Radhika Apte Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri, Jack Nicholson
- Favorite Actress – Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Shabana Azmi
- Favorite Destination – Paris
- Favorite Colors – White, Pink, Black
- Favorite Pets – Dog
- Favorite Audio Books – Love Poems by Pablo Neruda, The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, Istanbul: Memories of a City by Orhan Pamuk, My Name Is Red by Orhan Pamuk, The Essential Neruda by Pablo Neruda
- Favorite Watch Brand – Daniel Wellington
- Favorite Fashion Designer – Vivienne Westwood
- Favorite Food – Asparagus
- Favorite Date Spot In Pune – Blue Nile Restaurant
- Favorite Movie – Andaz Apna Apna (1994)
- Favorite Cuisine – Southeast Asian
- Favorite Dessert – Tiramisu Ice Cream, Caramel Custard, Rhubarb Pie
- Favorite Sportsman – Sachin Tendulkar
- Favorite Outfit – Black Dress
- Favorite Make-Up Product – Ruby Woo Lipstick from MAC
- Favorite Tea – Cinnamon Tea
- Favorite Movie Soundtrack – Fargo
- Favorite Social Media Platform – Twitter
Radhika Apte Net worth
Radhika Apte has an estimated net worth of $4 million dollars as of 2019. She is living in a flat in Versova, Mumbai. Radhika gets paid ₹1 crore per film and she owns a Volkswagen Passat Car.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Radhika Apte
- She has received Kathak training from the renowned expert Rohini Bhate, under whose tutelage she learned the dance form for 8 years.
- During her schooling, her favorite subject was Mathematics. Her grandmother, Madhumalati Apte, who was a mathematician and a PhD from France, taught her maths.
- At the age of 18, she started taking part in Marathi theatre plays.
- In 2003, she did her first play titled Nako Re Baba. Thereafter, she did a number of plays in Hindi and English languages like Purnaviram, Tu, Kanyadaan, Matra Ratra, Brain Surgeon, That Time, and Bombay Black.
- In 2009, Apte had her first Indian release, KBC productions’ Gho Mala Asla Hava by Sumitra Bhave and Sunil Sukthankar in which she appeared as Savitri, a village girl.
- In 2011, Apte appeared in the anthology film I Am and in Shor in the City under Ekta Kapoor’s Balaji Films banner.
- Radhika has worked in various languages like Hindi, English, Marathi, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu & Malayalam.
- She is a good friend of Kalki Koechlin.
- Radhika has worked in a number of short films like Darmiyan, Vakratunda Swaha, That Day After Every day and The Calling.
- Radhika is an ardent dog lover.
- Radhika Apte has been featured on the cover of various magazines like Femina Wedding Times, Grazia India, Cosmopolitan India, Better Homes and Gardens India, etc.
- In 2014, she had as much as nine films released in different languages, for most of which she was highly praised by the critics.
- In February 2015, vulgar pictures of Apte went viral over the social media. However, it was later found that the pictures were of a lady who looked like Radhika.
- In 2015, Apte gained wider recognition for her roles in six feature films released in the first eight months.
- Her hobbies include reading, dancing and listening to music.
- In Mach 2015, Radhika criticized the Telugu film industry for being so patriarchal and male-chauvinist. She also claimed that she had to suffer a lot in the Telugu film industry as actresses there were not treated properly.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui once revealed that he had a secret crush on her.
- In April 2015, a video clip showing Apte lifting her clothes went viral on the internet. The clip was basically a part of Anurag Kashyap’s international short film. When Kashyap came to know about the incident, he rushed to the Cyber Crime Branch of Mumbai Police and registered a complaint about it.
- Radhika played superstar Rajinikanth‘s wife in the 2016 gangster-drama Kabali.
- In 2018, Apte played the role of Nida Rahim in the Netflix horror miniseries Ghoul. Her performance in the web series earned her huge fame.
- In 2018, Radhika co-wrote the Bollywood film, Lust Stories. She also played the lead role of Kalindi in it.
- Radhika has been supportive of the #MeToo campaign that gained momentum in India in 2018. She has also shared her experiences with s*xual harassment in the film industry.
- In 2018, Apte co-starred with Akshay Kumar and Sonam Kapoor in R. Balki’s comedy-drama Pad Man, based on a short story in Twinkle Khanna’s book The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad. It is inspired by the life of Arunachalam Muruganantham from Tamil Nadu, who campaigned for menstrual hygiene in rural India.