Sonam Kapoor also known by her married name Sonam Kapoor Ahuja is an Indian actress who appears in Bollywood films. Kapoor is one of the highest paid actresses in the industry and is the recipient of several awards, including a Filmfare and a National Film Award. She also starred in the biographical thriller Neerja and the female buddy film Veere Di Wedding both of which rank among the highest-grossing Hindi films featuring a female protagonist. For portraying the titular role in the former, she received the National Film Award- Special Mention and Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress.
Sonam Anil Kapoor
Birthday / Date of Birth
Sonam Kapoor was born on June 9, 1985 in Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
She is currently 38 years old.
Sonam was enrolled at Arya Vidya Mandir school. She then attended United World College of South East Asia in Singapore where she studied Theatre and Arts. Sonam obtained a degree in Economics and Political Science from University of Mumbai through distance program. She also attended the University of East London and graduated with a degree in Economics.
- Father – Anil Kapoor (Actor, Producer)
- Mother – Sunita Kapoor (Former Model, Fashion Designer)
- Siblings – Rhea Kapoor (Younger Sister) (Producer), Harshvardhan Kapoor (Younger Brother) (Producer)
- Relatives – Sanjay Kapoor (Uncle) (Actor), Surinder Kapoor (Paternal Grandfather) (Film Producer), Nirmal Kapoor (Paternal Grandmother), Ranveer Singh (Maternal Second Cousin) (Actor), Boney Kapoor (Uncle) (Film Producer), Sridevi (Aunt; Died in 2018) (Actress), Mona Shourie (Aunt) (Film Producer), Reena Marwah (Aunt), Janhvi Kapoor (Paternal Cousin) (Actress), Khushi Kapoor (Paternal Cousin) (Actress), Arjun Kapoor (Paternal Cousin) (Actor), Anshula Kapoor (Paternal Cousin), Mohit Marwah (Paternal Cousin) (Actor)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sonam Kapoor has dated –
- Ranbir Kapoor – Actor Ranbir Kapoor was reported to be dating with Sonam during the filming of both Sonam and Ranbir’s debut film in 2007. But, they both denied this fact.
- Punit Malhotra – In 2010, she was seen dating with I Hate Luv Storys director Punit Malhotra. They again denied this fact but were continued to be seen.
- Anand Ahuja (2018-Present) – Sonam started dating the entrepreneur, Anand Ahuja long time back. They kept their dating affair a secret. It became a public knowledge when the duo announced about their marriage plans in early 2018. Anand is the owner of clothing brand Bhane.com and co-founder of VegNonVeg.com, which is India’s multi-brand sneaker store. He also looks after his family business, Shahi Exports which had an annual turnover of $450 million as reported in 2018. The duo got married in May 2018 in a private ceremony in Mumbai..
- In feet – 5 feet 9.5 inches
- In centimeters – 177 cm
- In meters – 1.77 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 35-25-34
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
She wears a shoe size 9 (US).
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Acting in movies like Delhi-6, Saawariya and I Hate Luv Storys.
In 2007, Kapoor made her onscreen debut with the hindi film, Saawariya for which he received a Filmfare Award nomination for best female debut. She had her first commercial success with the 2010 hindi film I Hate Luv Storys.
She has featured on Koffee With Karan with actress Deepika Padukone.
L’Oreal cosmetics, Colgate, Electrolux, Lux, Mont Blanc, Oppo Mobile, Salvatore Ferragamo S.p.A. and Signature.
Sonam Kapoor Net worth
Sonam Kapoor has a estimated net worth of $12 million dollars as of 2023. She takes Rs 2 to 3 crore per film. She is one of the highest paid actresses in Bollywood and is listed in the high-profile A list actresses. Kapoor owns a BMW 7 Series Luxury Saloon and a Audi Q7. Sonam lives in a luxury house along with her parents at 7th Road of the Ville Parle Scheme, in Juhu, Mumbai which is estimated to be worth Rs 25 crore.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sonam Kapoor
- Sonam is a well trained classical dancer.
- She worked as a waitress in a Mexican Restaurant while she pursued theatre and arts in Singapore. But, she was fired after 4 days.
- Sonam Kapoor worked as assistant director for movie Black (2005) directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali before becoming a popular actress.
- She used to be stout and weighed around 90 kgs and had to shed down 35 kg for her debut film.
- Sonam wanted to become a director and writer, but Bhansali convinced her to do films and launched her in his first film, Saawariya. In fact, he waited around 1.5 years to cast her in films.
- She can speak fluently in five languages – Hindi, English, Punjabi, Urdu, Sindhi and Marathi.
- She has been described by the media as a style icon for having great sense of styling cues.
- Sonam Kapoor suffered acrophobia while she was a teen, she got over it by going skydiving in New Zealand.
- Sonam is the brand ambassador of Elle Breast Cancer Campaign.
- She once had tongue piercing but had to remove it for her debut film. Apart from that, she had two tattoos.
- In 2012, she won Cosmopolitan Award for fun fearless female best dressed.
- In 2016, she was highly appreciated for her phenomenal performance in the movie Neerja, a biopic on a flight attendant named Neerja Bhanot.
- Sonam is considered as the Fashionista or style-icon of Bollywood due to her updated sense of styling.
- In 2018, Kapoor was starred in Sanjay Dutt‘s biopic- Sanju alongside Ranbir Kapoor after a decade.