Shraddha Kapoor is an Indian actress and singer who works in Hindi films. The daughter of actor Shakti Kapoor, she began her acting career with a brief role in the 2010 heist film Teen Patti, and followed it with her first leading role in the teen drama Luv Ka The End.
Shraddha, Arohi, Chirkoot
Actress, Fashion Designer, Singer, Lyricist
Birthday / Date of Birth
Shraddha was born on March 3, 1987 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
She is currently 32 years old.
Indian / Asian
Her father is of Punjabi descent and on her mother’s side, she is of Marathi ancestry.
Shraddha Kapoor attended Jamnabai Narsee School, and at the age of 15, she moved to American School of Bombay. She moved to the United States to study Psychology and subsequently enrolled in Boston University, but she dropped out in her freshman year to pursue a career in acting.
- Father – Shakti Kapoor (Actor)
- Mother – Shivangi Kapoor (née Kohlapure)
- Siblings – Siddhanth Kapoor (Brother) (Actor)
- Relatives – Padmini Kolhapure (Aunt) (Actress)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shraddha dated –
- Vanraj Zaveri – Vanraj is a son of a businessman, who owns and runs various jewellery shops in the country. He is also Kapoor’s childhood friend. As they used to remain together most of the times, they started dating. Their relationship went quite long, more than 5 years. Vanraj used to support her as an actress. He even travelled to Boston University, where she studied for couple of months, just to meet her. But, this relationship came to end, when she returned to back to India to start a career in acting.
- Aditya Roy Kapur (2012-Present) – She is rumored to be dating her Aashiqui 2 co-star, Aditya Roy Kapur (who served as a former VJ for Channel V). The duo is seen romancing together in the city.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Acting in the film, Aashiqui 2 as Arohi Keshav Shirke in 2013.
She debuted with 2010 Bollywood film, Teen Patti for her role as Aparna Khanna (or Apu). She was also nominated for “Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut”.
Her endorsement and television commercials include Lipton Tea and Lakme.
- Featured on the covers of elite magazines like Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Verve and others.
- World Sexiest Actress by FHM India (2013).
- Most Googled actress in 2014 and 2015.
- Most Desirable Woman by The Times of India in 2014 and 2015.
- One of the most followed Indian actress on Instagram.
Being one of the highest paid actresses in Bollywood, Shraddha Kapoor owns a Mercedes ML SUV worth Rs 92 lakh. The multi-talented actress is a big fan of watches and footwears, who has a huge collection of gold and silver watches and also has a collection of Jimmy Choo foot wears and Gucci perfumes. Shraddha lives along with her family in a sea facing luxury house near Juhu beach, Mumbai.
Awards & Nominations
|2011||Teen Patti||Lions Gold Awards||Favorite Promising Actor (Female)||Won|
|Best Female Debut||Nominated|
|2012||Luv Ka The End||Stardust Awards||Best Actress||Won|
|2013||Aashiqui 2||International Indian Film Academy Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|BIG Star Entertainment Awards||Best Romantic Couple||Won|
|Most Entertaining Film Actor – Female||Nominated|
|Most Entertaining Actor in a Romantic Role – Female||Nominated|
|2014||Lions Gold Awards||New Heartthrob Film Actor in Lead Role – Female||Won|
|Screen Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Best Actress (Popular Choice)||Nominated|
|Jodi No. 1||Won|
|Jodi of the Year||Won|
|Filmfare Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Zee Cine Awards||Best Actor – Female||Nominated|
|Gori Tere Pyaar Mein||Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Female)||Nominated|
|2015||Haider||Mirchi Music Awards||Upcoming Female Vocalist of the Year||Nominated|
|Screen Awards||Best Ensemble Cast||Nominated|
|Stardust Awards||Best Actress in a Drama||Nominated|
|Superstar of Tomorrow – Female||Nominated|
|BIG Star Entertainment Awards||Most Entertaining Actor in a Romantic Film – Female||Nominated|
|Ek Villain||Most Entertaining Actor (Film) – Female||Nominated|
|Most Entertaining Actor in a Thriller Film – Female||Nominated|
|Global Indian Music Academy Awards||Best Celebrity Singer of the Year||Won|
|Best Music Debut||Nominated|
|Screen Awards||Best Actor Popular (Female)||Nominated|
|Mirchi Music Awards||Upcoming Female Vocalist of the Year||Nominated|
|2016||ABCD 2||Upcoming Female Vocalist of the Year||Nominated|
|International Indian Film Academy Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
Shraddha Kapoor Favorites
- Favorite Food – Fish Curry, Rawa Fried Fish, Khow Suey, Jalebi
- Favorite Actors – Shakti Kapoor, Hrithik Roshan, Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan, Johnny Depp, Edward Norton
- Favorite Actress – Waheeda Rehman, Nutan, Padmini Kolhapure, Madhuri Dixit, Priyanka Chopra, Natalie Portman
- Favorite Movies – Pyaasa (1957), The Shawshank Redemption (1994), Central Station (1998), The Godfather (1972), Monster (2003), Boys Don’t Cry (1999)
- Favorite Colors – Purple, Yellow
- Favorite Books – Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts, Harry Potter (Literary Series) by J. K. Rowling
- Favorite Musician – Lady Gaga
Shraddha Kapoor Net worth
Shraddha Kapoor has a net worth of $12 million dollars as of 2019. Her main source of income comes from acting and singing portfolios and also makes big from endorsement deals. Her remuneration for a film sits somewhere between Rs 4 to 5 crore. She has her own clothing line for women called Imara which she launched in association with Amazon.
Social Media Portfolio
- Facebook – Shraddha Kapoor
- Twitter – Shraddha Kapoor
- Instagram – shraddhakapoor
- Snapchat – @wanderlustmagic
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shraddha Kapoor
- Born in a family of actors and singers, Shraddha Kapoor had inclined towards acting since childhood. If not an actress, she would have been a Physiologist.
- Hailing from a family of great Carnatic vocalists, Kapoor is an accomplished classical singer, who has crooned many songs in Bollywood.
- Kapoor is half Punjabi and half Marathi, as her dad is of Punjabi descent, and on her mother’s side, she is of Marathi ancestry.
- Besides acting, she is a handball and soccer player. She used to play handball and soccer at school whenever she finds herself time.
- She was a tomboyish child in school.
- Kapoor was supposed to debut in Salman Khan’s film but she firmly rejected the offer as she wanted to pursue psychology. She was only 16 that time.
- Her grand-aunts are Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle.
- She is a celebrity endorser for beauty brand Lakme, and she had ramp walked the Lakme Fashion Week for various fashion designers.
- In 2012, she had won “Stardust Searchlight Award For Best Actress” for the movie “Luv Ka The End”.
- Shraddha Kapoor has appeared on the covers of world’s renowned magazines like Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Verve and many others.
- She is the brand ambassador of several products, including Lakmé, Veet, Lipton, Marico’s Hair & Care and other high-profile brands.
- In 2015, Kapoor launched her own line of clothing, called Imarra, in collaboration with world’s biggest online retailer Amazon.
- Last year, Shraddha Kapoor was one among the highest paid actors of Bollywood who made around $780,000 per film. Her earnings topped that year with $1.3 Million.
- The same year, Forbes magazine featured her as one of the most successful Asians under the age of 30.
- Shraddha Kapoor has established herself as a high profile celebrity actress of Bollywood, who enjoys a luxurious and exotic life with a net worth of $10 Million.