Jacqueline Fernandez is a Sri Lankan actress, former model and the winner of the Miss Universe Sri Lanka pageant of 2006. In 2009 she started her career in Bollywood with the movie Aladin and since then has made a place in Bollywood. Jacqueline is also known as the Jacq of hearts in India. After graduating in mass communication from the University of Sydney and working as a television reporter in Sri Lanka, she joined the modeling industry. She was crowned Miss Universe Sri Lanka in 2006 and represented her country at Miss Universe 2006.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jacqueline Fernandez was born on August 11, 1985 in Manama, Bahrain.
She is currently 33 years old.
Sri Lankan, Malaysian, Canadian
She obtained school education from Schooling in Sacred Heart School, Bahrain. She moved to Australia to pursue higher studies as she was given a scholarship to study Mass Communications in University of Sydney, Australia. Jacqueline Fernandez went to Berlitz School of Languages to study Spanish, French and Arabic.
- Father – Elroy Fernansez (is Sri Lankan) (Musician)
- Mother – Kim (is Malaysian)
- Siblings – She has 2 brothers and one older sister.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jacqueline Fernandez dated –
- Shaikh Hassan Bin Rashid Al Khalifa – Fernandez has dated the member of Bahraini royal family, Shaikh Hassan. She had spent her most of the time there during childhood, and so, was in a relationship during her olden days. Now, the relationship had transformed into a long distance one, which was getting fade as Jacqueline was not getting time for her Bahraini love. So, they decided to call it quits in 2012.
- Sajid Khan (2011-2013) – Housefull 2 director, Sajid Khan started dating Jacky in 2011, when they were filming the movie in 2011 in London, England. The duo has been spotted at many places together. They went together at Ritesh Deshmukh and Genelia D’Souza marriage party. Sajid was becoming too possessive with her girlfriend; telling her which movies, she should do and which not. So, this relationship also saw an end in May 2013.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.70 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 35-26-35
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Working in films such as Housefull 2: The Dirty Dozen, Murder 2, Race 2.
Fernandez first appeared in a Sri Lankan music video before entering into the film industry. The song became instant hit that gained her fame and popularity. In 2009, She starred in a Bollywood film Aladin alongside Ritesh Deshmukh, Amitabh Bachchan and Sanjay Dutt. The film marked her debut in the industry.
Before becoming a beauty pageant, Fernandez worked as a television reporter in Sri Lanka. and hosted many television shows. She appeared in the dance reality show, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9 as judge from 2016 to 2017.
She has endorsed many reputed brands like Snapdeal, HTC One, The Body Shop and a Dubai-based health drink brand.
- In 2013, She became the face pf Indian Bridal Fashion Week – IBFW.
- She ranked #12 in Eastern Eye’s “World Sexiest Asian Woman” list in 2011.
- She was named the “Most Desirable Woman” by Times of India in 2013 and 2014.
- She was named Rediff’s “Bollywood’s Best Dressed Actress” in 2013.
- In 2014, she ranked #62 in Forbes’ Celebrity 100.
In 2016, the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee (DSGMC) protested the use of kirpan that she wore in a song Sau Tarah Ke in the film Dishoom.
Cars & Bikes
Fernandez is crazy on exotic cars and she owns a finest collection of cars from famous brands including a Mercedes-Benz Maybach S500, a BMW Series 3 and a Audi Q7.
She lives in an expensive three-bedroom apartment in the posh area of Bandra, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Awards & Nominations
|2010||IIFA Awards||Debut of the Year – Female||Aladin||Won|
|Central European Bollywood Awards||Best Breakthrough Performance – Female||Won|
|Stardust Awards||Exciting New Face||Won|
|2012||Best Actress (Thriller/Action)||Murder 2||Nominated|
|2013||IIFA Awards||Best Actress in a Supporting Role||Housefull 2||Nominated|
|15th Asianet Film Awards||Most Stylish Bollywood Actress||Herself||Won|
|PETA India Awards||Woman of The Year Award||Herself||Won|
|2015||BIG Star Entertainment Awards||BIG Star Most Entertaining Dancer||Kick||Won|
|Screen Awards||Best Actress (Popular Choice)||Nominated|
|Filmfare Glamour & Style Awards||Emerging Face of Fashion (Female)||Herself||Nominated|
|2016||HT Most Stylish Awards||Asli-est Stylish Award||Won|
|Ada Derana Sri Lankan Of The Year||Global Entertainer||Won|
|Filmfare Glamour & Style Awards||Hotstepper Of The Year||Won|
|Lux Golden Rose Awards||Entertainer of the Year||Won|
|Stardust Awards||Best Actress||Housefull 3||Nominated|
|2017||Asian Voice Charity Awards||International Humanitarian Award||Herself||Won|
|Vogue Beauty Awards||Fitspiration Award||Won|
|Femina Beauty Awards||Best Natural Beauty Award||Herself||Won|
|2017||Filmfare Style & Glamour Awards||Hotstepper of the Year||Won|
|BIG Zee Entertainment Awards||Most Entertaining Actor in a Comedy Film – Female||Housefull 3||Nominated|
|Most Entertaining Dancer – Male/Female||A Flying Jatt||Nominated|
|Most Entertaining Dancer – Male/Female||Dishoom||Nominated|
|GeoSpa AsiaSpa India Awards||Charismatic Personality of the Year||Herself||Won|
|Lux Golden Rose Awards||Unstoppable Beauty Of The Year Award||Judwaa 2||Nominated|
|Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards India||Best Movie Actor (Female)||Nominated|
|2018||PETA India Awards||Digital Activism Award||Herself||Won|
|2018||Lux Golden Rose Awards||Lux Golden Rose Charismatic Beauty Of The Year Award||Race 3||Won|
Jacqueline Fernandez Favorites
- Favorite Actors – Shah Rukh Khan, Leonardo DiCaprio
- Favorite Actress – Angelina Jolie
- Favorite Food – French Cuisine
- Favorite Restaurant – Pali Village Cafe in Mumbai
- Favorite Movies – The Bridges Of Madison, Gone with the Wind
- Favorite Color – White
- Favorite Perfume – Issey Miyake
- Favorite Place – Italy
- Favorite Book – The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
Jacqueline Fernandez Net worth
Jacqueline Fernandez has a net worth of $10 million dollars, of which major of her wealth comes from movies, modeling and lucrative brand endorsement deals.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jacqueline Fernandez
- She is a Sri Lankan actress and appears in Indian (Bollywood / Hindi) films.
- She was thrown to fame when she won Miss Sri Lanka Universe in 2006.
- Jacqueline’s father is a Sri Lankan while her mother is of mixed Canadian & Malaysian ancestry.
- She was just 14 years old when she hosted her first TV show.
- Jacqueline did not get any place at the Miss Universe 2006 held in Los Angeles.
- Jacqueline spent most of her childhood in Bahrain with three siblings and then shifted to Australia to do graduation. Finally, she returned back to Sri Lanka to pursue her career in modeling, and also did acting, and television shows hosting and reporting.
- Frederica Jansz is her cousin, who is a Sri Lankan journalist and former editor of the newspaper The Sunday Leader.
- She hosted the IIFA Awards 2013.
- She is a great animal lover and supports the cause of PETA. She is also connected with Pratham for saving Sri Lankan Elephants.
- She first came to India in the form of a modeling contract in Mumbai. Subsequently, she received an offer to act in a film.
- She is a neatness freak and cannot bear any dust on her bed, clothes, dishes, etc. She wants then all cleaned.
- She is Stardust’s Style Icon of the Year 2014.
- Apart from English and Hindi, she can also speak Spanish, French and Arabic.
- She owns a restaurant called Kaema Sutra and an island in Sri Lanka.