Anushka Sharma is an Indian actress and film producer. She has established a career in Hindi films, and is one of the most popular and highest paid actresses in India. She is the recipient of several awards, including one Filmfare Award from seven nominations.
Actress, Model, Film Producer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Anushka Sharma was born on 1 May 1988 in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh, India.
She is currently 30 years old.
Sharma attended Army School in Bangalore and graduated with a degree in arts from Mount Camel College. She aspired for a career in modeling and joined the Elite Model Management. Style Consultant Prasad Bidapa groomed her. During her pursuit in modelling she took acting courses and subsequently landed with film offers.
- Father – Col. Ajay Kumar Sharma (Army Officer)
- Mother – Ashima Sharma (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Karnesh Sharma (Older Brother) (Works in Merchant Navy)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Anushka Sharma has dated –
- Ranveer Singh (2010) – Anushka Sharma has dated Ranveer Singh, Indian film actor. The two first met during the filming of the 2010 film Band Baaja Baaraat. Now, the actress denies any of her relationship with Ranveer.
- Virat Kohli (2013-Present) – She started dating Indian cricketer, Virat Kohli in 2013. She was spotted with him on the roads of New Zealand when Virat (with his team) was playing the series in New Zealand. They met for the first time while filming a TV commercial. In January 2016, there were some breakup rumors. Virushka, as the couple is fondly called, married on December 11, 2017, in Florence, Italy.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 35-25-34
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
She wears a shoe size 8 (US).
Sharma dress size is 4 (US)
Anushka is famous for her roles in film like movies like Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008), Badmaash Company (2010), Band Baaja Baaraat (2010), Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012), Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola (2013).
In 2007, Sharma made her runway debut at the Lakme Fashion Week for designer Wendell Rodricks’s Les Vamps Show and was picked to be his finale model at the Spring Summer 2007 Collection.
Anushka Sharma made her acting debut with the 2008 Bollywood romantic comedy film, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi as Tani Sahni.
She didn’t appear in television series. Though, she has featured on promotional talk shows.
Reliance, TVS Scooty, Gitanjali, Sunsilk
- The budding actress lives with her family in a plush 3BHK flat at Panch Vatika apartments in Yari Road. She also bought three luxurious flats worth Rs 10 crore in the popular Badrinath Towers in Mumbai. She is planning to move out there with her family. She also spent a handsome of money to decorate the flats.
- It’s obvious that Anushka lives a luxurious life that is evident with her cars. And, she is a huge fan of exotic cars. She owns four luxury cars, including a black Range Rover Sport SUV, a black Mercedes and two of luxury cars from brands like Audi and BMW.
Filmography & Nominations
|2008||Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi||Taani Sahni||Aditya Chopra||Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actress
Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut
|2010||Badmaash Company||Bulbul Singh||Parmeet Sethi|
|2010||Band Baaja Baaraat||Shruti Kakkar||Maneesh Sharma||Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actress|
|2011||Patiala House||Simran Chaggal||Nikhil Advani|
|2011||Ladies vs Ricky Bahl||Ishika Desai||Maneesh Sharma|
|2012||Jab Tak Hai Jaan||Akira Rai||Yash Chopra||Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress|
|2013||Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola||Bijlee Mandola||Vishal Bhardwaj|
|2014||PK||Jagat “Jaggu” Janini||Rajkumar Hirani|
|2015||NH10||Meera||Navdeep Singh||Also producer
Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actress
|2015||Bombay Velvet||Rosie Noronha||Anurag Kashyap|
|2015||Dil Dhadakne Do||Farah Ali||Zoya Akhtar||Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress|
|2016||Sultan||Aarfa Hussain||Ali Abbas Zafar|
|2016||Ae Dil Hai Mushkil||Alizeh Khan||Karan Johar||Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actress|
|2017||Phillauri||Shashi Kumari||Anshai Lal||Also producer and playback singer for song “Naughty Billo”|
|2017||Jab Harry Met Sejal||Sejal Zaveri||Imtiaz Ali|
|2018||Pari||Rukhsana||Prosit Roy||Also producer|
|2018||Sanju||Winnie Diaz||Rajkumar Hirani|
|2018||Sui Dhaaga||Mamta||Sharat Katariya|
|2018||Zero||Aafia Yusufzai Bhinder||Aanand L. Rai||Post-production|
Anushka Sharma Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Shah Rukh Khan
- Favorite Actress – Rani Mukerji
- Favorite Movies – Jab We Met, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jeyenge, The Shawshank Redemption, Life is Beautiful, Fish Tank
- Favorite Color – Black, White
- Favorite Perfume – Ralph Lauren Blue
- Favorite Food – Butter Chicken, Chilly Cheese Toast
Anushka Sharma Net worth
Anushka has an estimated net worth of $15 million as of 2019. She charges Rs 10 -12 crore per film, making her one of the top-paid actresses in Bollywood. Her source of income includes films remuneration, endorsement deals, producing movies, modeling, and personal investments. Anushka was ranked #33 on Forbes’ Celeb 100 list and #33 in Fame Rank list.
Social Media Portfolio
- Facebook – Anushka Sharma
- Instagram – anushkasharma
- Twitter – Anushka Sharma
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anushka Sharma
- Sharma’s father is from Uttar Pradesh while her mother is from Garhwal division of Uttarakhand.
- After her graduation she moved to Mumbai to pursue a career in modeling. She has walked the runway for many famous designers and fashion houses.
- She has an elder brother, Karnesh Sharma with whom she launched their production company, Clean Slate Films.
- Anushka intended to become a renowned model, but her a career took a swift turn when she was auditioned for her first film, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008).
- Even though she is a non-vegetarian lover, she turned vegetarian since 2015. She was named “hottest vegetarian of 2015” by PETA.
- Sharma had won many awards for her performances in the movies such as Zee cine awards, lions golds awards, IIFA, Stardust awards, Filmfare awards and others.
- In 2014, She took facial plastic surgery to enhance her looks.
- In 2015, she featured on The Huffington Post’s list of “100 most influential women on Twitter, She also appeared on Verve magazine’s “Best Dressed 2015” list.
- An animal activist, Anushka Sharma in October 2015, launched ‘Pawsitivity’, a campaign aimed at sensitising people about the adverse effects of noise, air, water and soil pollution on animals.
- In October 2017, she launched her own clothing line called Nush in partnership with Myntra.
- As a model, she has walked the ramp and done campaigns for Nathella Jewelry, Fiat Palio, Whisper, Silk & Shine.