Ed Skrein is an English actor, film director, screenwriter and rapper. He rose to wide international success with his music, before becoming known as an actor in independent films or television series. He became famous for portraying Daario Naharis in the third season of the television series Game of Thrones. Skrein went on replacing Jason Statham in the action film The Transporter: Refueled and later portrayed the cocky cyborg bounty hunter Zappan in Alita: Battle Angel.
Edward George Skrein
Ed, The Dinnerlady P.I.M.P., Skrein
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ed Skrein was born on the 29th of March 1983, in Camden, London, England.
He is currently 39 years old.
He is of English and Austrian Jewish descent.
Ed Skrein attended Fortismere School. He graduated from Byam Shaw School of Art, a public tertiary art school, with a BA Hons degree in fine art painting.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ed Skrein has dated –
Skrein has a girlfriend with whom he lives in East London. The couple also has a son, named, Marley Skrein (born in 2011).
- In feet – 6 feet 1 inch
- In centimeters – 185 cm
- In meters – 1.85 m
- In Kilograms – 87 kg
- In Pounds – 192 lbs
- Measurements – 42–14–35
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
He wears a size 11.5 (US) shoe.
Ed became known for his roles as Daario Naharis in the third season of Game of Thrones (2013), Frank Martin Jr. in The Transporter Refueled (2015), Francis Freeman/Ajax in Deadpool (2016) and as the cocky hunter warrior Zapan in Alita: Battle Angel (2019).
In 2012, Skrein made his feature film debut as Jamie in the movie Piggy.
In 2004, Ed released a three track EP under the record label Dented Records. In 2007, he released his first album, The Eat Up.
In 2013, Skrein his first television role as Anthony Walsh in the British-French crime drama series, The Tunnel in just three episodes.
Ed Skrein Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Hugh Jackman
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts, Kate Winslet
- Favorite Singer – Rihanna
- Favorite TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Fast Food
Ed Skrein Net worth
Ed Skrein has an estimated net worth of $7 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ed Skrein
- At the age of 12, Skrein has been a swimming coach for Greenwich Leisure Limited working at leisure centres such as Caledonian Road Pool and Gym and Archway Pool.
- Ed has collaborated with a variety of artists including Foreign Beggars, Asian Dub Foundation, Plan B, Dubbledge and Doc Brown.
- In 2009, Skrein collaborated with rapper Dr Syntax to bring the collaborative album Scene Stealers under the name Skreintax.
- Ed prefers to do all of his stunts.
- In 2013, Ed was awarded Stars of Tomorrow Award by Screen International.
- In 2014, he was cast in The Transporter: Refueled replacing Jason Statham as the lead.
- In 2016, Skrein played the lead villain, Ajax, in the blockbuster action film Deadpool.
- In 2017, he also appeared in the music video for Eye Contact by Ocean Wisdom playing the bad guy.
- In 2018, Skrein starred in psychological revenge thriller, In Darkness alongside Natalie Dormer and Stacy Martin.
- In November 8, 2019, Ed starred in Roland Emmerich’s blockbuster movie Midway co-starring Mandy Moore, Patrick Wilson, Luke Evans, Aaron Eckhart, Nick Jonas, Dennis Quaid and Woody Harrelson.
- Skrein made his feature film debut by directing and writing the short drama film Little River Run which he released on July 20, 2020 at his Instagram.