Mandy Moore is an American singer-songwriter and actress. In 1999, she signed with Epic Records and rose to fame with the release of her debut single “Candy”, which peaked at number 41 on the Billboard Hot 100. Her debut studio album, So Real, went on to receive a platinum certification from the RIAA. The title single from her second studio album, I Wanna Be With You, became Moore’s first top 30 song in the U.S., peaking at number 24 on the Hot 100. As of 2009, Billboard reported that Moore has sold more than ten million albums worldwide.
Amanda Leigh Moore
Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Model, Fashion Designer
Epic / 550 Records, Storefront Recordings, EMI / The Firm, Inc.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Mandy Moore was born on the 10th of April 1984, in Nashua, New Hampshire, United States.
She is currently 39 years old.
She has Irish and Cherokee ancestry on her father’s side, while she is of half-English and half-Jewish descent on her mother’s side.
Moore went to Park Maitland School in Maitland, Florida. Post that, she took admission at The Maile School in Winter Park, Florida. Mandy, then, attended Lake Brantley High School in Florida. She, finally, went to Bishop Moore Catholic High School in Orlando but left it during her freshman year to focus on her debut album. However, she resorted to homeschooling and getting the education from private tutors.
- Father – Donald “Don” Moore (Pilot)
- Mother – Stacy (née Friedman) (Former news reporter)
- Siblings – Scott Moore (Older Brother), Kyle Moore (Younger Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mandy Moore has dated –
- Wilmer Valderrama (2000-2002) – In 2000, Mandy and actor Wilmer Valderrama met during a photo shoot and they quickly started dating in February 2000. The duo dated for two years before calling it quits in early 2002. She is nearly two inches taller than him.
- Billy Crawford (2002) – In 2002, Filipino TV host, actor and singer, Billy Crawford dated Mandy briefly. She was 15 and Billy was 17 at that time. Their relationship lasted for a few weeks.
- Andy Roddick (2002-2004) – From September 2002 to March 2004, American tennis player, Andy Roddick and Mandy were an item. She invited him on the set of her movie “How to Deal” and after that day, the duo started dating each other. Apart from his handsome looks, his height (6 ft 2 in) was an additional factor that she turned to him for dating.
- Zach Braff (2004-2006) – In 2004 to February 2006, the actors Zach Braff and Mandy Moore were romantically linked to each other. They met while attending an event held by Creative Artists Agency and this is when they started dating each other.
- Ryan Adams (2008-2016) – In March 2008, Mandy started dating singer Ryan Adams. But, after dating for a couple of months, they called it quits in July 2008. After five months of separation, the couple reconciled in December 2008. Soon after that in February 2009, they got engaged. A month later, on March 10, 2009, the couple married in Savannah, Georgia. They had broken up by August 2014. Mandy filed for divorce in January 2015 which was finalized in June 2016.
- Taylor Goldsmith (2015-Present) – In July 2015, Mandy commenced dating the band Dawes frontman Taylor Goldsmith. After two years of dating, in September 2017, the couple got engaged.
- In feet – 5 feet 9¾ inches
- In centimeters – 177 cm
- In meters – 1.77 m
- In Kilograms – 61 Kg
- In Pounds – 135 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-36
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size -34B
She wears a size 10 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Giving hit singles like “Candy”, “I Wanna Be with You”, “In My Pocket” and others. She is also known for her acting roles in the movies A Walk to Remember (2002), Saved! (2004) and others. Mandy also lent her voice to the role of Rapunzel in animated film Tangled (2010).
On August 17, 1999, Moore dropped her debut single, Candy, which was an instant hit. It debuted at number 88 on the Billboard Hot 100, before reaching a peak of number 41 on the chart. She released her debut album, So Real on the 7th of December 1999, through Epic Records. The album peaked at no. 77 on the Billboard 200 and sold more than one million copies in the U.S. alone.
In 2000, Mandy debuted with film Magic Al and the Mind Factory for her role as Brittany Foster.
In 2000, Moore appeared in the third episode of season 1 of TV series 2GE+HER: The Series as herself in the episode titled “Bunny”.
She has endorsed several brands like Proactiv, Neutrogena, Penshoppe, Sony Portable Music products, Got milk?, Campbell’s Soups and others.
Mandy Moore Net worth
Mandy Moore acquired an estimated net worth of $14 million dollars as of 2023. Her impressive net worth results from singing, songwriting, acting in films and television, high-profile brand endorsements, modeling and much more. Moore owns a Porsche 911 Carrera S and a Toyota Prius.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mandy Moore
- Due to her dad’s job as a pilot in American Airlines, she relocated to Orlando, Florida (from Nashua, New Hampshire) with her family, when she was 2 months old.
- Moore’s passion for singing was inspired from watching the musical Oklahoma!.
- She has been influenced by various singers and artists such as Alanis Morissette, Blondie, Carole King, Debbie Gibson, Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey, Madonna, Shania Twain, Tiffany and Joni Mitchell.
- She loves cats and has three at home named, Milo, Zoe and Cloe.
- She was just 15 when she released her debut single and studio album. Thereafter, the unstoppable charming beauty has released numerous albums, featured in films and television series and also voiced in films.
- Her eponymous album, Mandy Moore was a huge commercial hit and her best album ever. The album was accredited gold in the U.S. and multi-platinum in the Philippines.
- In 2002, Moore won the Young Hollywood Award in the category Superstar of Tomorrow, Female for the film A Walk to Remember.
- In 2005, Mandy launched her own fashion line called Mblem, a brand of contemporary knitwear and cashmere. But, it was shutdown in 2009.
- In 2011, Moore won the Grammy Award for Best Song Written for Visual Media for the song I See The Light.
- In September 2015, Mandy said that she was continuing to work on her sixth album.
- In July 2017, Moore announced her intentions to return to music in an interview with People.
- In February 2019, she co-starred with Justin Bartha, Barbara Jacques and Paul Lieberstein in the short comedic action film The Big Break.
- In January 2020, Moore said in an interview with Billboard that her sixth studio album was titled Silver Landings and would be released in early March, via Verve Forecast Records.
- In early 2022, Mandy released two singles from her seventh studio album, In Real Life.