Shania Twain is a Canadian singer, songwriter and actress. She has sold over 100 million records, making her the best-selling female artist in country music history and among the best-selling music artists of all time. Her success garnered her several honorific titles including the “Queen of Country Pop”. Twain has received five Grammy Awards, 27 BMI Songwriter Awards, stars on Canada’s Walk of Fame and the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and an induction into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame.
Eilleen Regina Edwards
Eileen Twain, Eileen Lange, Eileen Thiebaud, Shania Edwards, Shania Lange, Shania Thiebaud, Eilleen Regina Edwards, Shania Twain, The Queen of Country Pop, The Country Pop Queen.
Country, Country Pop, Country Rock, Pop
Birthday / Date of Birth
Shania Twain was born on the 28th of August 1965, in Windsor, Ontario, Canada.
She is currently 57 years old.
She has a mix of English, Irish, French-Canadian and Northern Irish ancestry.
Shania went to Timmins High and Vocational School in Timmins.
- Father – Clarence Edwards
- Mother – Sharon Morrison
- Siblings – Mark Twain (Brother), Darryl Twain (Brother), Jill Edwards (Sister), Carrie-Ann Edwards (Sister)
- Relatives – Jerry Twain (Stepfather)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shania Twain has dated –
- Robert John Lange (1993-2010) – On December 28, 1993, Shania married British singer-songwriter Robert John Lange. They have a son named Eja D’Angelo, born on August 12, 2001. The couple were separated in May 2003, after Lange allegedly had an affair with Twain’s best friend, Marie-Anne Thiébaud. Their divorce was finalized on June 9, 2010.
- Frederic Thiebaud (2010-Present) – In 2008, the couple got together, after dating for a year, they formally got into a relationship and got married in 2011. Frederic, an executive at Nestlé, is the former husband of Marie-Anne.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 36-24-35
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Twain songs like “From This Moment On”, “That Don’t Impress Me Much”, and “Man! I Feel Like a Woman!”
Shania started off her singing career at the age of 8 where she used to sing at local bars in Timmins to support her family bills. While at school; she was part of the local band called Longshot. Aspired to become a singer, she recorded a demo tape and send across record labels. Her self-titled debut album ‘Shania Twain’ was released in 1993, which brought her little fame.
In 2004, Shania appeared in the comedy film, I Heart Huckabees where she performed a song.
In 1995, Shania appeared in an episode of the comedy talk show, Late Show with David Letterman.
Twain has endorsed several brands and products as well as appeared in TV commercials for Revlon, Shania Starlight perfume, Revlon’s EveryLash mascara, Caesar’s Palace, Gitano, Diet Coke, Candie’s Clothing Brand, Coty “Shania” by Stetson perfume, Coty Shania Starlight perfume, etc.
Shania Twain Net worth
Shania Twain has a net worth of $400 million dollars as of 2023. She spends her time between Switzerland and New Zealand. She has a large fleet of exotic cars from the makers like Bentley, Jaguar, Bentley and Porsche.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Shania Twain
- Instagram – shaniatwain
- Twitter – Shania Twain
- YouTube Channel – Shania Twain, ShaniaTwainVEVO
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shania Twain
- Shania had a difficult childhood as her parents divorced when she was two and lived with her mom and step-dad. She used to perform at bars in Timmins, earning $20 between midnight and 1 a.m.
- Twain penned her first song at the age of 10.
- In 1995, Shania was included in the list of the “Most Intriguing People” by People Weekly Magazine.
- In 1998, Twain launched her first major concert tour, aided by her manager Jon Landau, a veteran of many large-scale tours with Bruce Springsteen. The Come On Over Tour shows were a success, winning the “Country Tour of the Year” in 1998 and 1999 by Pollstar Concert Industry Awards.
- In 2000, Twain was initially scheduled to release a Christmas album, but plans to release one were cancelled later in the year.
- On June 25, 2003, she was inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame.
- Shania was named #39 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2005 list and #33 in FHM magazine’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005” in the year 2005.
- In 2005, Twain was inducted into the Hair Fan’s Hall of Fame.
- In 2009, Twain was reported as having the “perfect face” reported by BBC based on a study led by the University of Toronto and the University of California, San Diego, which appeared in the journal Vision Research.
- In 2012, Twain made a comeback with her critically acclaimed show Still the One.
- She has named her German Shepherd dog ‘Tim’ after her hometown of Timmins.
- In 2015, she launched the North American Rock This Country Tour, which was billed as her farewell tour.
- In April 2018, she was caught into a controversy for making an “awkward” remark quoted in a Guardian interview, in which she said she would have voted for Trump if she could have. This created an outrage on social media to which she responded with an apology. She tweeted, “I would like to apologise to anybody I have offended,” she wrote. “The question caught me off guard. As a Canadian, I regret answering this unexpected question without giving my response more context.”
- In November 2018, Twain appeared in the reality talent show Real Country, as an executive producer and co-presenter with Jake Owen and Travis Tritt.
- Visit her official website @ shaniatwain.com.