Shania Twain is a Canadian singer, songwriter and actress. She has sold over 100 million records, making her the best-selling female artist in country music history and among the best-selling music artists of all time. Her success garnered her several honorific titles including the “Queen of Country Pop”. Twain has received five Grammy Awards, 27 BMI Songwriter Awards, stars on Canada’s Walk of Fame and the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and an induction into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame.
Eilleen Regina Edwards
Eileen Twain, Eileen Lange, Eileen Thiebaud, Shania Edwards, Shania Lange, Shania Thiebaud, Eilleen Regina Edwards, Shania Twain, The Queen of Country Pop, The Country Pop Queen.
Country, Country Pop, Country Rock, Pop
Birthday / Date of Birth
Shania Twain was born on 28 August 1965, in Windsor, Ontario, Canada.
She is currently 53 years old.
Twain has a mix of English, Irish, French-Canadian and Northern Irish ancestry.
Shania went to Timmins High and Vocational School in Timmins.
- Father – Clarence Edwards
- Mother – Sharon Morrison
- Siblings – Mark Twain (Brother), Darryl Twain (Brother), Jill Edwards (Sister), Carrie-Ann Edwards (Sister)
- Relatives – Jerry Twain (Stepfather)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shania Twain has dated –
- Robert John Lange (1993-2010) – Shania Twain married British singer-songwriter Robert John Lange on December 28, 1993. They have a son named Eja D’Angelo, born on August 12, 2001. The couple were separated in May 2003, after Lange allegedly had an affair with Twain’s best friend, Marie-Anne Thiébaud. Their divorce was finalized on June 9, 2010.
- Frederic Thiebaud (2010-Present) – The couple got together in the year 2008, after dating for a year, they formally got into a relationship and got married in 2011. Frederic, an executive at Nestlé, is the former husband of Marie-Anne.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 36-24-35
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Her songs like “From This Moment On”, “That Don’t Impress Me Much”, and “Man! I Feel Like a Woman!”
Shania Twain started off her singing career at the age of 8 where she used to sing at local bars in Timmins to support her family bills. While at school; she was part of the local band called Longshot. Aspired to become a singer, she recorded a demo tape and send across record labels. Her self-titled debut album ‘Shania Twain’ was released in 1993, which brought her little fame.
In 2004, Shania appeared in the comedy film “I Heart Huckabees” where she performed a song.
In 1995, she appeared in an episode of the comedy talk show Late Show with David Letterman.
Shania has endorsed several brands and products as well as appeared in TV commercials for Revlon, Shania Starlight perfume, Revlon’s EveryLash mascara, Caesar’s Palace, Gitano, Diet Coke, Candie’s Clothing Brand, Coty “Shania” by Stetson perfume, Coty Shania Starlight perfume, etc.
Awards & Nominations
Canadian country music artist Shania Twain was honored numerous times since her career debut in 1993, Her eponymous album Shania Twain was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) the follow up album The Woman In Me sold over 12 million copies in the US and 20 million copies worldwide, her 1997 release Come On Over is the best selling album in the history of Country music and the best selling album of all time by a female artist in any genre having sold over 40 million copies worldwide, the 2002 release Up! was certified 11x platinum in the US (Diamond certification). In 2003 she was the only female artist to have 3 consecutive albums certified Diamond in the US. The following is a list of awards won by country/pop singer Shania Twain. In total she has won 188 awards from 1993 to the present day. She has won 39 BMI Songwriter Awards, 26 Canadian Country Music Awards, 12 Junos, 9 Billboard Awards, 5 American Grammys, 5 American Music Awards, 4 ACMAs, and 2 CMAs. Shania Twain has won 1 Bambi Award.
Shania Twain Favorites
- Favorite Food – French Fries, Dill Pickle Chips
- Favorite Place – Canada, Switzerland
- Favorite Color – Pink, Blue, Red
- Favorite Animal – Horse
Shania Twain Net worth
Shania Twain has a net worth of $400 million dollars as of 2019. She spends her time between Switzerland and New Zealand. She has a large fleet of exotic cars from the makers like Bentley, Jaguar, Bentley and Porsche.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Shania Twain
- Instagram – shaniatwain
- Twitter – Shania Twain
- YouTube Channel – Shania Twain, ShaniaTwainVEVO
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shania Twain
- She had a difficult childhood as her parents divorced when she was two and lived with her mom and step-dad. She used to perform at bars in Timmins, earning $20 between midnight and 1 a.m.
- Twain penned her first song at the age of 10.
- In 1995, Shania was included in the list of the “Most Intriguing People” by People Weekly Magazine.
- In 1998, Twain launched her first major concert tour, aided by her manager Jon Landau, a veteran of many large-scale tours with Bruce Springsteen. The Come On Over Tour shows were a success, winning the “Country Tour of the Year” in 1998 and 1999 by Pollstar Concert Industry Awards.
- She was named the 1999 Entertainer of the Year by both the Academy of Country Music and the Country Music Association; Twain was the first non-US citizen to win the CMA award.
- In 2000, Twain was initially scheduled to release a Christmas album, but plans to release one were cancelled later in the year.
- She was inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame on June 25, 2003.
- Shania was named #39 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2005 list and #33 in FHM magazine’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005” in the year 2005.
- In 2005, Twain was inducted into the Hair Fan’s Hall of Fame.
- In 2009, Twain was reported as having the “perfect face” reported by BBC based on a study led by the University of Toronto and the University of California, San Diego, which appeared in the journal Vision Research.
- In 2010, as a part of Winter Olympics torch relay, Twain carried the Olympic Torch in her hometown.
- In 2012, Twain made a comeback with her critically acclaimed show “Still the One”.
- She has named her German Shepherd dog ‘Tim’ after her hometown of Timmins.
- In 2015, she launched the North American Rock This Country Tour, which was billed as her farewell tour.
- In January 2017, it was announced that Twain will have her own exhibit at the Country Music Hall of Fame titled Shania Twain: Rock This Country, which will open on June 26 and run through 2018.
- In June 2017, Twain announced on ET Canada that she would in fact tour with her new album Now. The Now Tour was announced by Twain on her official website on August 17, 2017.
- In April 2018, she was caught into a controversy for making an “awkward” remark quoted in a Guardian interview, in which she said she would have voted for Trump if she could have. This created an outrage on social media to which she responded with an apology. She tweeted, “I would like to apologise to anybody I have offended,” she wrote. “The question caught me off guard. As a Canadian, I regret answering this unexpected question without giving my response more context.”
- In November 2018, Twain appeared in the reality talent show Real Country, as an executive producer and co-presenter with Jake Owen and Travis Tritt.
- Visit her official website @ shaniatwain.com.