Teyana Taylor is an American singer, actress, dancer and model. In 2005, she signed a record deal with American musician Pharrell Williams’ Star Trak Entertainment imprint, before making her first national appearance on MTV’s My Super Sweet 16. In 2012, she signed to Kanye West’s GOOD Music label through Def Jam, after asking for her release from Star Trak. Taylor has appeared on runways during Fashion Week and has also landed high-profile features, such as on Kanye West’s My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.
Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Rapper, Actress, Model
Hip-Hop, R&B, Pop
GOOD Music, The Island Def Jam Music Group
Birthday / Date of Birth
Teyana Taylor was born on the 10th of December 1990, in Harlem, New York, United States.
She’s currently 32 years old.
She has African-American and Afro-Trinidadian ancestry.
Her educational background is not known.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – She has 2 brothers and a sister on her father’s side and no sibling on her mother’s side.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Teyana Taylor has dated –
- Daniel Gibson (2008-2009) – From September 2008 to June 2009, Teyana was romantically linked to American professional basketball player, Daniel Gibson.
- Brandon Jennings (2010-2014) – Teyana had a four-year relationship with the basketball player, Brandon Jennings. She started dating him in January 2010. The next year, in April 2011, they engaged. Finally, in January 2014, the couple separated.
- Iman Shumpert (2014-Present) – In January 2014, Teyana started dating another basketball player, Iman Shumpert. They engaged in November 2015. On December 16, 2015, she gave birth to couple’s first child, daughter Iman Tayla Shumpert, Jr.
- In feet – 5 feet 4¼ inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 52 kg
- In Pounds -115 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-36
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 34D
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Teyana is best known for her singles and having worked with musicians Wiz Khalifa, Kanye West, Cam’ron and many others. In August 2016, she was featured in Kanye West’s FADE music video where she was seen dancing in the gymnasium. This made her even more famous.
On August 16, 2009, Taylor released her first mixtape, From a Planet Called Harlem. Her first studio album titled VII was released on November 4, 2014 through GOOD Music and Def Jam Records. the album peaked at #19 on US 200 Billboard and topped the charts of US R&B, and US R&B/Hh.
In 2010, Teyana has her first starring role as Rena in the musical drama film Stomp the Yard 2: Homecoming.
In 2011, Taylor guest appeared on the comedy talk show The Mo’Nique Show as herself.
In 2013, Teyana appeared in Adidas television commercial.
Teyana Taylor Net worth
Teyana Taylor has an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2023. She lives in Los Angeles and owns a Bentley.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Teyana Taylor
- Teyana started singing at the age of 9. She used to participate in a number of talent competitions, including the Apollo Theater National All-Stars talent search, while she was young.
- She also holds a record of fastest selling sneakers in Adidas Originals history.
- Taylor has been influenced by singers like Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson and Lauryn Hill.
- Teyana Taylor has released one studio album, one compilation album, one extended play (EP), two mixtapes and eight singles.
- In 2012, Taylor singed a contract with The Island Def Jam Music Group, as well as with GOOD Music label. Previously, the actress was signed by Interscope Records and Star Trak Entertainment.
- In 2015, she was a judge on the eighth season of the American competitive dance reality television series, America’s Best Dance Crew.
- In June 17, 2016, Taylor released her single Freak On, featuring guest vocals from Chris Brown and production by DJ Mustard.
- In March 2017, Teyana Taylor launched her Fade 2 Fit Workout Program, a ninety-day workout which centers around dance and fitness routines.
- In May 2019, Taylor featured and directed the music video for Lil Durk’s remix of Home Body in his new album Signed to the Streets 3.