Lily Allen is an English singer and songwriter. She is the daughter of actor Keith Allen and film producer Alison Owen. Allen left school when she was 15 and concentrated on improving her performing and compositional skills. In 2005, she made some of her recordings public on Myspace and the publicity resulted in airplay on BBC Radio 1 and a contract with Regal Recordings. Her debut record, Alright, Still, was well received, selling over 2.6 million copies worldwide and brought Allen a nomination at the Grammy Awards, the Brit Awards and the MTV Video Music Awards. She began hosting her own talk show, Lily Allen and Friends, on BBC Three.
Lily Rose Beatrice Allen
Singer, Songwriter, Actress, TV Presenter
Pop, Ska, Reggae Fusion
Capitol, London, Regal, Warner Bros
Birthday / Date of Birth
Lily Allen was born on May 02, 1985 in Hammersmith, London, England.
She is currently 34 years old.
She is of British descent.
Lily attended 13 schools, including Prince Charles’s junior alma mater, Hill House School, Millfield, Bedales School and was expelled from most of the schools due to her bad habits like drinking and smoking. She had put an end to her studies at the age of 15 to focus on her music career.
- Father – Keith Allen (Comedian, musician, TV presenter)
- Mother – Alison Owen (Film Producer)
- Siblings – Sarah (Older Sister), Alfie Allen (Younger Brother) (Actor), Rebecca Allen (Younger Sister), Teddie (Younger Half-Sister)
- Others – Harry Enfield (Former Stepfather)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lily Allen dated –
- Seb Chew (2005-2007) – Lily Allen dated record company executive, Seb Chew for two and a half years from 2005 to 2007. It was her who ended the relationship.
- Ed Simons (2007-2008) – The Chemical Brothers’ musician Ed Simons started dating Lily in September 2007. But, this relationship also saw an end in February 2008, when Lily had a miscarriage.
- Rupert Grint (2007) – In February 2007, Lily was RUMORed to have had a fling with Harry Potter’s Rupert Grint. They met during the premiere of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in which Rupert plays Ron Weasley. The duo was seen leaving a restaurant together, which immediately sparked dating rumors.
- James Corden (2008) – In March 2008, actor James Corden flirted with Lily on the BBC chat show. He then hooked up with her.
- Sam Cooper (2009-Present) – In August 2009, Allen started dating builder and decorator Sam Cooper. After more than a year of dating, the duo engaged each other on Christmas Day of 2010. Subsequently, she also announced her news of being pregnant with Sam’s first child. On June 11, 2011, the couple married each other at St. James church in Cranham, Gloucestershire, England. She gave birth to the couple’s first child, a daughter named Ethel Mary (born – November 25, 2011). The couple was again blessed with a daughter, Marnie Rose, on 8 January 2013.
- Feet – 5 feet 2 inches
- Centimeters – 157 cm
- Meters – 1.57 m
- Kilograms – 52 kg
- Pounds – 115 lbs
- Measurements – 36-25-35
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Her albums such as Alright, Still (2006), It’s Not Me, It’s You (2009), Sheezus (2014).
Lily released her debut album titled Alright, Still on July 14, 2006 via Regal Records. It charted at #2 in UK, #20 in USA, #7 in Australia, #6 in Ireland and likewise. It was certified as 3x Platinum in UK, Platinum in Australia and Ireland, and Gold in U.S. and Canada. Overall, the album received praise from the critics and audience.
She had a minor role in the 1998 biographical film Elizabeth as “Lady in Waiting”.
In 1998, Lily played a “child in promo” in the comedy TV series The Comic Strip Presents… in an episode 4 of season 4 titled “The Yob”.
Lily has appeared in lots of TV adverts including Chanel Coco Cocoon handbag, Cornetto (2014), Disney, and Microsoft.
- Due to her outspokenness, Allen was the subject of many controversies early in her career. Disparaging remarks about musicians Luke Pritchard of The Kooks, Bob Geldof, Amy Winehouse, Kylie Minogue and Katy Perry have all garnered minor press attention. She later said that making fun of other pop stars was a result of a lack of confidence, saying “I felt like ‘Oh God, I’m short, fat, ugly and I hate all these people who flaunt their beauty.'”
- On 28 June 2007, Allen was arrested in London for allegedly assaulting photographer Kevin Rush while she was leaving a nightclub in London’s West End. Prior to this, she had expressed discomfort with attention from the paparazzi on her Myspace blog. By February 2009, she had stopped addressing controversies about herself on her blog because she found it “boring when people just pick stuff up and write about it. People get hurt, people get upset.” In September 2009, she shut down her Myspace account and stopped social networking completely in December due to the abuse she was taking.
- In May 2009, French football magazine So Foot published a fake interview in which Allen was quoted as making derogatory remarks about David and Victoria Beckham and Ashley and Cheryl Cole. Some of the material was reprinted in the British tabloid The Sun. Both publications later apologized and paid damages to Allen. In October 2009, after having created her career on MySpace, Allen deleted her social media accounts and announced “I am now a Luddite”. She later re-activated her accounts.
- Allen’s November 2013 video for “Hard out Here” was accused of being racist for its use of mostly black dancers in an allegedly “disapproving” manner. Allen responded that ethnicity was not a factor in hiring the dancers, and the video was a lighthearted satirical look at objectification of women in modern pop music. In November 2016, Allen apologized for the video in an interview with Annie Mac, stating “I definitely wanted to make a feminist statement. But I was guilty of assuming that there was a one-size-fits-all where feminism is concerned.”
Awards & Nominations
- Lily Allen is an English singer and songwriter, whose work incorporates elements of electropop, R&B, and reggae. Her first album Alright, Stillwas released in 2006, earning a triple platinum certification in the United Kingdom and a gold certification in the United States. Allen’s 2009 album It’s Not Me, It’s You was certified triple platinum in the United Kingdom. Her third album Sheezus was released in 2014, receiving a gold certification in the United Kingdom and fourth album No Shame was released in 2018.
- Allen has received 31 awards and 73 nominations for her music, including nominations for nine BRIT Awards (one won), one Grammy Award, three Ivor Novello Awards (three won), one Mercury Prize and twelve NME Awards (three won).
Lily Allen Favorites
- Favorite Food – Beans, Cheese on Toast
Lily Allen Net worth
Lily Allen net worth is estimated to be $20 million dollars as of 2019. She owns a BMW 3 Series and a Mini Cooper.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lily Allen
- Her father, Keith Allen left her family, when Lily was four years old.
- Lily is the goddaughter of Scottish singer, and songwriter Angela McCluskey.
- Lily became overnight sensation in the UK when she posted demo tracks to community website MySpace.com in November 2005.
- Lili Allen was named the third coolest person of the year on the Cool List of “NME” magazine in 2006, but the same year, she was also voted #10 in BBC3’s The Most Annoying People of 2006.
- She is a cricket fan and has appeared on Test Match Special.
- She is a huge supporter of Fulham Football Club (English Premier League soccer club).
- She was 16 weeks into pregnancy at the time of her wedding with Sam Cooper.
- The success of her second album earned her a Brit Award for British Female Solo Artist at the 2010 Brit Awards.
- In 2013, she appeared in the music video of “True Love” by P!nk.
- In December 2013, Allen was announced as one of the newest signees at Warner Bros. Records due to Warner Music Group acquiring Parlophone from Universal Music Group in May 2013.
- In September 2018, Allen released her debut book, My Thoughts Exactly.
- Visit her official website @ lilyallenmusic.com.