Sarah Paulson is an American actress, director and producer. She has received numerous accolades including a Primetime Emmy Award and a Golden Globe Award. In 2016, Paulson portrayed real life prosecutor Marcia Clark in the first season of the anthology series American Crime Story, subtitled The People v. O. J. Simpson for which she earned critical praise and numerous accolades, including a Primetime Emmy Award and a Golden Globe Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie. In 2017, Time named her one of the 100 most influential people in the world.
Sarah Catharine Paulson
Birthday / Date of Birth
Sarah Paulson was born on December 17, 1974 in Tampa, Florida, United States.
She is currently 43 years old.
Sarah Paulson has Danish, English, German and French ancestry.
Sarah Paulson went to the Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School in Manhattan. She later joined the American Academy of Dramatic Arts to hone her acting and drama skills.
- Father – Douglas Lyle Paulson II
- Mother – Catharine Gordon (Dolcater)
- Siblings – Liz Paulson (Sister) (Casting Director and Actress), Rachel Paulson (Paternal Stepsister) (Actress, Writer and Producer)
- Others – John Henry Dolcater Jr. (Maternal Grandfather), June Unger (Maternal Grandmother), John Henry Dolcater (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Julia Anna Waters (Maternal Great-Grandmother), Douglas Lyle Paulson Sr. (Paternal Grandfather), Gwendolyn Paulson (Paternal Grandmother)
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Sarah Paulson has dated –
- Tracy Letts – Sarah has dated actor and playwright Tracy Letts. They were reported to have even got engaged before she decided to get into another lesbian relationship.
- Cherry Jones (2004-2009) – Paulson started dating much older actress Cherry Jones in 2004. But, they made their relationship public at the 2005 Tony Awards as Jones, after winning best actress award shared a lengthy smooch with her new girlfriend. In 2009, after being together for more than 5 years, they decided to go separate ways. The separation was amicable.
- Holland Taylor (2015-Present) – Sarah met actress and playwright Holland Taylor for the first time in 2006. Some years later, they met again while working on a video for Martha Plimpton’s foundation. Soon after, they started messaging on Twitter, which eventually led to a dinner date. At the 2016 Emmy Awards, Sarah confessed her love for Holland in her acceptance speech.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-34
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She has naturally “Brown” hair.
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 3 (US).
Playing the role of Harriet Hayes in dramedy series, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip from 2006 to 2007. Portraying Nicolle Wallace in a political drama TV film, Game Change (2012).
Sarah Paulson earned her first acting role in the movie, “Levitation”, playing her role as Acey Rawlin in 1997.
When it comes to television, she guest appeared as Maggie Conner in one episode of the NBC legal drama series Law & Order.
Sarah Paulson has not endorsed any brand.
Sarah Paulson Favorites
- Favorite Books – “Rilke on Love and Other Difficulties” by Rainer Maria Rilke, “The Liars’ Club” by Mary Karr, “Atonement” by Ian McEwan, “The Dead and the Living” by Sharon Olds, “Where You’ll Find me and Other Stories” by Ann Beattie.
Sarah Paulson Net worth
Sarah Paulson has a net worth of $10 million dollars as of 2019. She lives in New York.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sarah Paulson
- Sarah Paulson made her professional acting debut at the age of 12 with an appearance in an off-Broadway production.
- Sarah is good friends with Jessica Lange, Amanda Peet and Elizabeth Reaser.
- Sarah has two tattoos, one on her back neck featuring stars and starburst, and another on her right foot featuring a starburst.
- At the age of 25, she was diagnosed with melanoma on her back. However, it was successfully removed before the cancer could spread.
- She has been associated with many leading charities and social cause foundations such as UNICEF, Planned Parenthood, and Heifer International.
- In 2009, she collaborated with Charity Water foundation to provide clean water to a community in Ethiopia. This project was launched on the eve of her 35th birthday.
- In 2017, she was named one of the “100 most influential people of the year” by Time magazine.
- She was ranked one of the best dressed women in 2018 by fashion website Net-a-Porter.
- In 2019, Paulson starred as Dr. Ellie Staple in the superhero thriller film Glass. She will next be seen in the drama film The Goldfinch and the horror thriller film Run.
- In January 2019, it was announced that Paulson will star as Nurse Ratched in the upcoming Netflix drama series Ratched.