Alicia Vikander is a Swedish actress. Vikander achieved global recognition for her roles as activist Vera Brittain in Testament of Youth, a humanoid robot in Ex Machina, for which she was nominated for the Golden Globe and BAFTA Award for Best Supporting Actress, and painter Gerda Wegener in The Danish Girl, for which she received the Academy Award, Screen Actors Guild Award and Critics Choice Movie Award for Best Supporting Actress.
Alicia Amanda Vikander
Actress, Dancer, Model
Birthday / Date of Birth
Alicia Vikander was born on the 3rd of October 1988, in Gothenburg, Västra Götalands län, Sweden.
She’s currently 34 years old.
She has mostly Swedish ancestry with one-fourth Finnish ancestry.
Vikander began studying ballet when she was 9 at the Royal Swedish Ballet School in Gothenburg and later admitted to an upper-level dancing school in Stockholm. She also took ballet training from the School of American Ballet in New York.
- Father – Svante Vikander (Psychiatrist)
- Mother – Maria Fahl Vikander (Stage Actress)
- Siblings – She has 5 paternal half-siblings.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alicia Vikander has dated –
- Alexander Skarsgård (2012) – Alicia dated fellow Swedish actor, Alexander Skarsgård from January 2012 to March 2012.
- Michael Fassbender (2014-Present) – The ON and OFF relationship started between Irish actor, Michael Fassbender and Alicia in November 2014. They first met while filming the 2016 film The Light Between Oceans. The couple ended their relationship in September 2015. But, later got back together. They got married on October 14, 2017, in a private ceremony in Ibiza, Spain.
- In feet – 5 feet 5½ inches
- In centimeters – 166 cm
- In meters – 1.66 m
- In Kilograms – 53 kg
- In Pounds – 117 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
For her roles in the films like A Royal Affair (2012), Pure (2010), Testament of Youth (2014), Ex Machina (2015), The Danish Girl (2015) and Tomb Raider (2018).
In 2007, Alicia appeared in a short film, Darkness of Truth for her role as Sandra Svensson.
In 2002, Vikander was cast as Ebba Du Rietz in the Swedish television film, Min balsamerade mor. Her first work as an actress in any television series was as Tony in the 2005 Swedish TV series En decemberdröm. She acted in a total of 13 episodes.
Alicia has advertised for fashion label Louis Vuitton for their Fall / Winter 2015 collection. She was announced their brand ambassador.
Alicia Vikander Favorites
- Favorite Actresses – Marion Cotillard, Jennifer Lawrence, Isabelle Huppert
Alicia Vikander Net Worth
Alicia Vikander has an estimated net worth of $8 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
She doesn’t have any social media accounts.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Alicia Vikander
- When she was 5 months old, her parents separated, who actually are from small Swedish villages.
- At seven, Alicia started acting in stage productions, and her first being the Kristina från Duvemåla at The Göteborg Opera.
- She appeared in several musicals at the Opera, such as The Sound of Music and Les Misérables.
- Her dance career almost ended at 16 and after certain injuries, she stopped it and instead focused on her acting career.
- She is a trained ballerina.
- Alicia was named as one of the European films’ Shooting Stars by European Film Promotion in 2011.
- She got to play Kitty in Anna Karenina (2012) after Saoirse Ronan didn’t accept the offer. Later, she appeared in Seventh Son (2014) as Jennifer Lawrence left the film production.
- Vikander was so close to bagging the role of Snow White in Snow White and the Huntsman. She took auditions many times and even sent to Los Angeles for screen-test, but it went to Kristen Stewart.
- In 2014, she appeared in the Australian crime thriller Son of a Gun. The film was released in Australia on 16 October 2014 and received mixed reviews; however, Vikander was praised for her performance.
- Alicia was considered for the lead female roles in both Assassin’s Creed (2016) and The Circle (2017) but she opted out to do Jason Bourne (2016) instead. She was replaced by Ariane Labed in “Assassin’s Creed” and by Emma Watson in “The Circle”.