Michael Fassbender is an Irish-German actor. His feature film debut was in the fantasy war epic 300 as a Spartan warrior his earlier roles included various stage productions, as well as starring roles on television such as in the HBO miniseries Band of Brothers and the Sky One fantasy drama Hex. He first came to prominence for his role as IRA activist Bobby Sands in Hunger, for which he won a British Independent Film Award.
Subsequent roles include in the independent film Fish Tank, as a Royal Marines lieutenant in Inglourious Basterds, as Edward Rochester in the 2011 film adaptation of Jane Eyre, as Carl Jung in A Dangerous Method, as the sentient android David 8 in Prometheus and its sequel, Alien: Covenant and in the musical comedy-drama Frank as an eccentric musician loosely inspired by Frank Sidebottom.
German and Irish
Birthday / Date of Birth
Michael Fassbender was born on 2nd of April 1977, in Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg, West Germany.
He’s currently 42 years old.
Michael attended Fossa National School and later went to St. Brendan’s College (The Sem) in Killarney, County Kerry, Ireland. He then moved to London where she studied at the Drama Centre London but dropped out in the midway to focus on his acting career.
- Father – Josef Fassbender (After moving to Ireland, Josef worked as a chef in a restaurant called West End House)
- Mother – Adele Fassbender
- Siblings – Catherine Fassbender (Older Sister) (Neuropsychologist)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael Fassbender has dated –
- Leasi Andrews (2008-2009) – From 2008 to 2009, model and actress, Leasi dated Fassbender. Leasi is known for dating famous men.
- Zoë Kravitz (2010-2011) – Michael Fassbender appeared in 2011 movie X-Men: First Class with Zoe Kravitz. They were RUMORed to be dating after their meeting on the set of the movie.
- Nicole Beharie (2012-2013) – From 2012 to January 2013, Fassbender hooked up with American actress, Nicole Beharie. She is her Shame co-star.
- Louise Hazel (2013) – Olympia Louise Hazel dated in 2013. Fassbender (German), Louise (British) and Bradley Cooper (American) were seen spending time together in London May 24, 2013. They dined together at Wolseley cafe.
- Madalina Diana Ghenea (2013) – Romanian actress and model Madalina Diana Ghenea and Michael were romantically linked in October 2013.
- Alicia Vikander (2014-Present) – Swedish actress, Alicia Vikander and Michael have dated each other ON and OFF from November 2014. They had split for some time in September 2015. But, reconciled later. The duo got married in a private ceremony on 14 October 2017 in Ibiza, Spain. As of 2017, they reside in Lisbon, Portugal.
- In feet – 6 feet 0 inches
- In centimeters – 183 cm
- In meters – 1.83 m
- In Kilograms – 79 kg
- In Pounds – 174 lbs
- Measurements – 42-15-30
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 30 in or 76 cm
His shoe size is 11 (US).
Playing Bobby Sands in the film Hunger (2008), Lieutenant Archie Hicox in Inglourious Basterds (2009), Erik Lehnsherr/ Magneto in X-Men: First Class (2011), Carl Jung in A Dangerous Method (2011), Brandon Sullivan in Shame (2011), David in the 2012 film Prometheus and others.
In 2006, Michael Fassbender made his feature film debut with the American fantasy action adventure film, 300. He played the role of Stelios, one of the Spartan warriors in the film, which is based on the 1998 comic series of the same name by Frank Miller and Lynn Varley.
In 2001, Michael appeared in a ten-part, 11-hour television World War II TV miniseries Band of Brothers for his role as Burton Pat Christenson.
Michael has appeared in Guinness television commercial.
Michael Fassbender Favorites
- Favorite Songs – Orion by Metallica, Beneath the Remains by Sepultura, Reign in Blood by Slayer
- Favorite Band – Nirvana, 2Pac, Notorious B.I.G., Dr. Dre, Public Enemy, Jack White, Jay-Z, Muddy Waters, Tom Waits, The Chieftains
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Pizza
Michael Fassbender Net worth
Michael Fassbender has an estimated net worth of $30 million dollars as of 2020. He bought a gorgeous home on the hilltop of Alfama in Lisbon for £1.7 million. The lavish estate includes a private garden terrace, a swimming pool with all the bells and whistles overlooking the Tagus River. He also owns an exquisite flat in London.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – michael.fassbender
Some Lesser Known Facts About Michael Fassbender
- He developed an interest for acting at age 17 when he was cast in a play by Donal Courtney and decided to become an actor someday.
- His first film audition was for the role of Rafe Cawley in Pearl Harbor which was later played by Ben Affleck.
- Fassbender’s got his start in acting when he made his TV screen debut in Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg’s award-winning television TV series Band of Brothers in 2001.
- He is fluent in both German and English.
- In 2006, Fassbender played Stelios, a young Spartan warrior, in 300, a fantasy action film directed by Zack Snyder. The film was a commercial success.
- He lost 33 pounds for his role as Irish hunger striker Bobby Sands in the 2008 film Hunger by taking berries, nuts, and sardines diet.
- In 2010, Fassbender’s then ex-girlfriend, Sunawin Andrews, filed a restraining order against him in Los Angeles County Superior Court, alleging that he threw me over a chair breaking my nose in 2009 and that he had also dragged her alongside his car, injuring her ankle and knee, as well as causing her to burst an ovarian cyst.
- In 2010, Fassbender appeared as Burke in Jonah Hex, a Western film.
- In 2012, he was included in Time Out’s 100 Most Influential People of 2012 list.
- In 2012, he appeared as an MI6 agent in Haywire, an action-thriller directed by Steven Soderbergh and in Ridley Scott’s science fiction film Prometheus.
- In 2013, He was named #8 on Empire Online list of the 100 Sexiest Movie Stars.
- Micheal is close friends with X-Men co-star James McAvoy and Steve McQueen.
- In 2013, he starred in 12 Years a Slave, his third collaboration with Steve McQueen.
- He was supposed to play the role of the vampire Adam in the 2013 film Only Lovers Left Alive but was replaced by Tom Hiddleston after he opted out of the project.
- In 2016, Fassbender once again played Magneto in the film X-Men: Apocalypse.
- In February 2018, Fassbender and Arnold Schwarzenegger were confirmed to star alongside David Hasselhoff in a full-length movie sequel of 2015 short film Kung Fury.