Son Ye-jin is a South Korean actress. In 2003, she rose to fame for The Classic and Summer Scent, which were followed by the commercially successful A Moment to Remember and April Snow. She since has won various acting recognitions and acted in high-profile films including My Wife Got Married, The Pirates, the films The Truth Beneath and The Last Princess, and The Negotiation. She has also acted in the successful television dramas Alone in Love, Personal Taste. As of December 2020, Son had won a total of 50 awards out of 72 nominations and her collection of awards included 6 Baeksang Arts Awards, 4 Grand Bell Awards, 6 Blue Dragon Film Awards, and 1 Buil Film Awards.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Son Ye-jin was born on the 11th of January 1982, in Suseong District, Daegu, South Korea.
She’s currently 41 years old.
She is of South Korean descent.
Son got enrolled at Seoul Institute of the Arts – Film and majored in film.
- Father – Yoon-bok Jeon (Businessmen)
- Mother – Yeon-soon Son
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Son Ye-jin has dated –
- Hyun Bin (2018-Present) – In 2018, Son met actor Hyun Bin while working on The Negotiation and the duo eventually started dating. As she started going out with Hyun Bin, many sources speculated that the duo was romantically involved. Later, on January 1, 2021, it was announced that they were, in fact, in a relationship. In February 2022, the couple announced in an open letter that they were planning to get married in March 2022. In March 2022, they actually tied the knot in a private ceremony. In June 2022, it was revealed that they were expecting their first child together, a baby boy.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 46 kg
- In Pounds – 101 lbs
- Measurements – 32-23-32
- Bust – 32 inches
- Waist – 23 inches
- Hip – 32 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Ye-jin became known after appearing as a actress for The Classic (2003) and Summer Scent (2003), which were followed by the commercially successful A Moment to Remember (2004) and April Snow (2005).
In 2000, Son had her first film onscreen role in the movie Secret Tears ( 비밀) as Jung Mi-jo and acted in high-profile films including My Wife Got Married, The Pirates, the films The Truth Beneath and The Last Princess, and The Negotiation.
In 2001, Ye-jin landed her first role in television by appearing as Jang Hee-ae in the series, Delicious Proposal. She has also acted in the successful television dramas Alone in Love, Personal Taste, Something in the Rain, Crash Landing on You, and Thirty-Nine.
Son Ye-jin Net worth
Son Ye-jin has an estimated net worth of $20 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – yejinhand
Some Lesser Known Facts About Son Ye-jin
- Son was born and raised in Suseong District, Daegu, South Korea.
- She appeared as Joo In-ah in the film, My Wife Got Married, and this role won her multiple accolades like the 29th Blue Dragon Film Awards for Best Leading Actress and Best Couple Award (with Kim Joo-hyuk) and the 45th Baeksang Arts Award for Best Actress (Film).
- The biggest success of her early career was in the subsequent films Lovers Concerto and The Classic.
- In 2016, Ye-jin portrayed the character of Princess Deokhye, the last princess of the Korean Empire, in the period drama film titled The Last Princess.
- She appeared as Yoon Se-ri who is a South Korean chaebol heiress to Queen’s Group with a troubled family history.
- For her role in Crash Landing on You, Son Ye-jin won the 56th Baeksang Arts Award for Most Popular Actress (TV) and the 15th Seoul International Drama Award for Outstanding Korean Actress.
- On February 27, 2020, Son donated ₩100 million to Community Chest of Korea in Daegu to help fight the spread of COVID-19.