Hyun Bin is a South Korean actor, singer, and former marine corps. He gained widespread recognition for his role in the romantic comedy TV drama My Name is Kim Sam-soon. Hyun Bin’s popularity was further widened by starring in a series of box office hits: the action thriller Confidential Assignment and its sequel, as well as the crime thrillers The Swindlers and The Negotiation. In 2011, he was Gallup Korea’s Television Actor of the Year. Hyun is among the highest paid and most influential actors in South Korea.
Actor, Singer, Former Marine Corps
He has released his music with Universal D record label in the past.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Hyun Bin was born on the 25th of September 1982, in Seoul, South Korea.
He’s currently 40 years old.
Hyun attended Youngdong High School prior to attaining a major in Theater Studies from Chung-Ang University (2004). Later, in 2009, he enrolled at the same university to obtain a Master’s degree.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Hyun Bin has dated –
- Hwang Ji-hyun (2006-2007) – In 2006, Hyun and Hwang Ji-hyun met one another for the first time at a shoot. The couple instantly clicked and went on to date one another. However, in June 2007, KBS World Radio published an article stating that an associate had told them that the Hwang and Hyun had parted ways sometime in March that year and they were not seeing one another anymore.
- Song Hye-kyo (2008-2011) – In 2008, Hyun met actress Song Hye-kyo for the first time on the set of the popular comedy television series Worlds Within. T. In 2011, both the star managers came forth and told to announce that Song Hye-kyo and Hyun Bin had mutually parted ways due to time restraints.
- Kang So-ra (2016-2017) – In December 2016, Hyun and actress Kang So-ra started dating. They also stated that the duo had met for the first time in October of that year. In December 2017, the couple’s agencies came forth to tell the media that they had split due to work restraints.
- Son Ye-jin (2018-Present) – In 2018, Bin and Son Ye-jin met one another for the first time during the shoot of The Negotiation. It was confirmed by their respective agencies in January 2021 that they indeed are dating. In February 2022, the couple announced that they were planning to get married in March 2022 in Seoul. In March 2022, they actually got married in a private ceremony. In June 2022, it was revealed that the couple was expecting their first child together, a baby boy.
- In feet – 6 feet 0½ inches
- In centimeters – 184 cm
- In meters – 1.84 m
- In Kilograms – 84 kg
- In Pounds – 185 lbs
He wears a size 11.5 (US) shoe.
Hyun became known for his important portrayal of Hyun Jin-heon in My Name is Kim Sam-soon (2005), Jung Ji-oh in Worlds Within (2008), Kim Joo-won in Secret Garden (2010–2011), Yoo Jin-woo in Memories of the Alhambra (2018–2019).
In 2004, Bin had his first film onscreen role in the movie Spin Kick as Lee Min-gyu.
In 2003, Hyun landed his first role in television by appearing as Stalker in the series, Bodyguard.
Bin Appearing in music videos for various arts like Kim Dong-ryool’s Reply (2018), Lemon Trees’s Hey U (2006), TVXQ‘s One (2005), and Kim Bum-soo’s Memory (2005). The release of his song That Man (2011) which was an OST for the show Secret Garden.
Hyun has done endorsement work for several brands such as Rogatis, Samsung, Mediheal, Kia, CF Freshian.
Hyun Bin Net worth
Bin has an estimated net worth of $10 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Hyun Bin
Some Lesser Known Facts About Hyun Bin
- Hyun was born and raised in Seoul and has one elder brother.
- Being cast as Hyun Jin-heon in My Name is Kim Sam-soon, Jung Ji-oh in Worlds Within, Kim Joo-won in Secret Garden, Yoo Jin-woo in Memories of the Alhambra, Im Cheol-ryung in Confidential Assignment, and Hwang Ji-sung in The Swindlers.
- In 2002, Bin’s first film was Shower. However, filming was stopped and was not released due to lack of proper funding.
- Starring in various other shows and films such as Daddy Long Legs (2005), Late Autumn (2011), Rampant (2018), Bodyguard (2003), The Snow Queen (2006), and Hyde Jekyll, Me (2015).
- In 2015, Hyun made a comeback in the Korean drama scene after 4 years with romantic comedy series Hyde, Jekyll, Me.
- In January 2016, Hyun set up his own agency, VAST Entertainment, which became a wholly owned subsidiary of Kakao M three years later.
- In 2018, Hyun starred in crime thriller The Negotiation, playing a villain role for the first time, alongside Son Ye-jin; and zombie blockbuster Rampant (which was co-produced by VAST Entertainment).
- In 2019, Hyun reunited with The Negotiation co-star Son Ye-jin in the hit romance drama Crash Landing on You as a North Korean army captain.
- In 2020, Bin is set to star as a NIS agent in the action thriller film The Point Men, directed by Yim Soon-rye.
- On March 8, 2022, Hyun made a donation ₩200 million to the Hope Bridge Disaster Relief Association, together with Son Ye-jin to help those who have been damaged by the massive wildfire that started in Uljin, Gyeongbuk and has continued to spread Samcheok, Gangwon