Ahn Hyo-seop is a Canadian actor and singer. He gained recognition for his main roles in the Korean dramas Still 17, Abyss, Dr. Romantic 2, Lovers of the Red Sky, and Business Proposa. He was discovered by JYP Entertainment where he was a music trainee and was offered to be in the Kpop group GOT7, he declined the offer. Although he is talented in singing, dancing, violin, and piano, his main interest was becoming an actor. Moreover, Ahn has also garnered a huge social media fan base with more than 11 million followers on Instagram.
Vocals, Piano, Violin
The Present Co.
South Korean, Canadian
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ahn Hyo-seop was born on the 17th of April 1995, in Seoul, South Korea.
He’s currently 27 years old.
He is of South Korean descent.
Ahn graduated from Kookmin University, in the Department of International Business.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ahn Hyo-seop has dated –
Ahn has largely opted to keep his personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about his love life and dating history.
- In feet – 6 feet 1½ inches
- In centimeters – 186.5 cm
- In meters – 1.865 m
- In Kilograms – 73 kg
- In Pounds – 161 lbs
He wears a size 11.5 (US) shoe.
Hyo-seop became known for having been cast in several shows and movies which include Splash Splash Love, Three Color Fantasy – Queen of the Ring, My Father Is Strange, One More Happy Ending, Happy Home, Top Management, Dr. Romantic 2, and Abyss.
In 2015, Ahn had his first film onscreen role in the movie Splash Splash Love as Park Yeon / Che A-jik. His popularity rose after his first ever lead role in Queen of the Ring and My Father is Strange (2017).
In 2015, Hyo-seop landed his first role in television show by appearing as Cast member in the show, Always Cantare – Season 2. Ahn made his acting debut in the MBC drama, Splash Splash Love.
Ahn was scouted by JYP Entertainment and became a trainee. He was given an opportunity to debut as a member in the K-pop boy band Got7. On October 1, 2015, Starhaus Entertainment launched the project group One O One, releasing their debut single Love You.
Ahn Hyo-seop Net worth
Ahn Hyo-seop has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – imhyoseop
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ahn Hyo-seop
- Ahn was born in Seoul, South Korea as the third of 4 siblings.
- When he was seven years old, his family immigrated to Toronto, Canada.
- Ahn later moved back to South Korea when he was 17, while his family stayed in Canada.
- He has a pet cat. His hobbies include singing and dancing.
- In 2016, his portrayal of Choi Chul-soo in the family sitcom, Happy Home, was praised by the critics and he was nominated for the 35th MBC Drama Award for Best New Actor.
- Hyo-seop appeared as a cast member of the 2nd installment of the music variety show, Always Cantare.
- In 2017, he portrayed the character of Park Chul-soo in the family romantic drama sitcom, My Father is Strange, and for this role, he won the 2nd Asia Artist Award in the “Rookie Award” category.
- In 2018, Ahn starred in Still 17, playing passionate high school student Yoo Chan – the captain of the high school rowing club.
- In 2019, he became an MC at the 4th Asia Artist Awards with Leeteuk, Lim Ji-yeon and Nancy.
- In 2019, Hyo-seop was cast as Cha Min, the rich yet unattractive successor to a cosmetics company, in the fantasy romantic comedy TV series, Abyss.
- In 2020, Ahn starred in the second season of the hit medical drama Dr. Romantic, playing general surgeon Seo Woo-jin with Lee Sung-kyung as his leading lady.
- In 2021, he starred in the historical-fantasy drama Lovers of the Red Sky adapted from the novel written by Jung Eun-gwol, playing the role of Ha Ram.
- In 2022, he starred in the SBS-broadcast and Netflix-distributed romantic comedy drama Business Proposal adapted from the webtoon with the same title, with Kim Se-jeong.
- On August 16, 2022, Ahn donated ₩50 million to help those affected by the 2022 South Korean floods through the Hope Bridge Korea Disaster Relief Association.