Ben Affleck is an American actor, director, producer and screenwriter. His accolades include two Academy Awards, three Golden Globe Awards, two BAFTA Awards and two Screen Actors Guild Awards. He began his career as a child and starred in the PBS educational series The Voyage of the Mimi in 1984, before a second run in 1988. Affleck gained wider recognition when he and childhood friend Matt Damon won the Golden Globe and Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay for writing Good Will Hunting, which they also starred in. Affleck is the co-founder of the Eastern Congo Initiative, a grantmaking and advocacy-based nonprofit organization. He is also a stalwart member of the Democratic Party. Affleck and Damon are co-owners of the production company Pearl Street Films.
Benjamin Géza Affleck-Boldt
Actor, Director, Producer, Screenwriter
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ben Affleck was born on August 15, 1972, in Berkeley, California, United States.
He’s currently 46 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States.
Ben attended Cambridge Rindge and Latin School in Cambridge, Massachusetts and graduated in 1990. Subsequently, he was accepted into the University of Virginia, but due to a girlfriend, he took admission at the University of Vermont.
- Father – Timothy Byers Affleck (Actor)
- Mother – Christopher Anne “Chris” Affleck (née Boldt) (School Teacher)
- Siblings – Casey Affleck (Younger Brother) (Actor)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ben Affleck dated –
- Cheyenne Rothman (1990-1997) – Ben Affleck was romantically linked to American film director Cheyenne Rothman from 1990 to 1997. They dated ON and OFF during these several years.
- Gwyneth Paltrow (1997-2000) – The actors Gwyneth Paltrow and Ben Affleck dated ON and OFF for three complete years from November 1997 until October 2000.
- Jennifer Lopez (2002-2004) – In July 2002, Affleck started dating famous singer Jennifer Lopez. The duo also engaged in October 2002. But, this relationship also saw an end in January 2004.
- Jennifer Garner (2004-2015) – In September 2004, the actors Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck commenced dating each other after starring together in the 2003 film Daredevil. In April 2005, the couple got engaged and married on June 29, 2005, in a low-key Turks and Caicos ceremony. Canadian actor and singer, Victor Garber was the only guest in their wedding ceremony. With Ben, Jennifer gave birth to three children – daughters Violet Anne (born – December 2005) and Seraphina Rose Elizabeth (born – January 2009) and son Samuel Garner (born – February 2012). In June 2015, it was announced that they were divorcing. In April 2017, the couple filed for divorce which was finalized in October 2018.
- Lindsay Shookus (2015-2018, 2019) – In 2015, Ben started dating TV producer Lindsay Shookus. He was still married to Garner when they started having an affair. They continued dating on and off for many years. They finally called in quits in August 2018. The love birds reunited and once again dated in 2019. But, they split for the second time in April 2019 dating for about 3 months.
- Shauna Sexton (2018) – After his split with Lindsay in August 2018, he was seen enjoying his time with Playboy model, Shauna Sexton. Just days after they spent their vacation in Montana in October 2018, news about their separation came.
- In feet – 6 feet 3½ inches
- In centimeters – 192 cm
- In meters – 1.92 m
- In Kilograms – 98 kg
- In Pounds – 216 lbs
- Measurements – 44-17-36
- Chest – 44 Inches
- Biceps – 17 Inches
- Waist – 36 Inches
Playing Bruce Wayne / Batman in the 2016 superhero film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
He appeared in the 1981 film The Dark End of the Street in a minor role. Ben played the role as a kid in the street.
In 1984, Affleck did all the 13 episodes of the educational television program The Voyage of the Mimi for his role as C.T. Granville.
In 2001, he appeared in a radio commercial for Samuel Adams. Ben has appeared in TV commercials on Burger King (1989), Alpro” soja foods (2003), L’Oréal (2003), AXE Click (2006) and others. He has also appeared in print ads for Morellato.
Ben Affleck Favorites
His favorite things are unknown.
Ben Affleck Net worth
Ben Affleck estimated net worth of $130 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ben Affleck
- He started receiving acting jobs from the age of 7.
- Ben was named Géza in honor of a Hungarian friend, who survived the Holocaust.
- Ben is also the co-founder of Eastern Congo Initiative.
- He was raised primarily by his mother as his parents divorced when he was 11.
- Affleck is an avid fan of Robert Englund.
- He can conversate in French and Spanish. He also knows Arabic.
- In 1998, Affleck bagged the role in an action movie called Armageddon along with known Hollywood stars like Bruce Willis and Liv Tyler.
- In 1999, he worked with Sandra Bullock in Forces of Nature, which was a romantic comedy.
- In 2000, Affleck did a small role in Shakespeare in Love with his on and off girlfriend Gwyneth Paltrow.
- In 2001, Michael Bay, the director from Armageddon, again took up Affleck for his big feature Pearl harbor. The movie was a huge commercial hit but failed to get much credit from the critics.
- In 2002, The Sum of All Fears saw Affleck in the role of Jack Ryan. The movie is a techno-thriller that had people like Harrison Ford and Alec Baldwin feature in its older versions.
- In 2006, Affleck starred in HBO series called Hollywoodland, which was a biopic on the critically acclaimed and famous artist George Reeves. He received the Best Actor award at the Venice Film Festival and was nominated for a Golden Globe.
- In 2010, Affleck’s second directorial venture The Town was released. He co-wrote the script of the movie, which was based on the novel Price of Thieves. The movie received moderate reviews from the critics.
- In 2012, he directed another movie called Argo starring George Clooney in the lead role. He won a Golden Globe, Directors Guild of America awards, BAFTA award for his direction in the movie.
- In 2013, he hosted the sketch comedy show Saturday Night Live.
- In 2014, Ben Affleck starred in the David Fincher’s psychological thriller Gone Girl. In the movie, he portrayed the character of a husband, who is accused of murder.
- In 2016, he starred as Batman in superhero film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- In 2017, he reprised his role as Batman in Justice League.