Jennifer Lopez is an American singer, actress, dancer and producer. In 1991, Lopez began appearing as a Fly Girldancer on In Living Color, where she remained a regular until she decided to pursue an acting career in 1993. For her first leading role in the 1997 Selena biopic of the same name, Lopez received a Golden Globe nomination and became the first Latin actress to earn over $1 million for a film. She went on to star in Anaconda and Out of Sight, later establishing herself as the highest-paid Latin actress in Hollywood.
Jennifer Lynn Lopez
J.Lo, Lola, La Guitarra
Singer, Actress, Dancer, Fashion Designer, Television Personality
Pop, Latin Pop, Urban / Hip-Hop to Dance, Funk and R & B
Work Group, Epic, Island, Capitol Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jennifer Lopez was born on 24 July 1969, in The Bronx, New York, United States.
She’s currently 49 years old.
New York City, New York, United States
Jennifer Lopez started her academic career by reading through Catholic Schools for almost twelve years. She finished her schooling at all-girls Preston High School. She then joined Baruch College for higher education but dropped out after the first semester to focus on her acting career.
- Father – David Lopez Computer technician at Guardian Insurance Company)
- Mother – Guadalupe Rodriguez (Kindergarten Teacher)
- Siblings – Leslie Lopez (Older Sister) (Elementary School Music Teacher), Lynda Lopez (Younger Sister) (News Anchor)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jennifer dated –
- Wesley Snipes (1994-1995) – After doing a romantic scene together in the film Money Train, actors Wesley Snipes and JLo dated for a short while from November 1994 to March 1995.
- Ojani Noa (1996-1998) – Jennifer Lopez married actor Ojani Noa in 1997. But only after a year, the relationship ended as Ojani was trying to sell private details of their relationship, after a series of lawsuits.
- Sean Combs (August 1999 – February 2001) – Then she dated actor Sean Combs for more than a year before calling it quits in early 2001.
- Cris Judd (2001-2003) – She married Cris Judd in 2003. But her marriage with Cris also didn’t last for long as she was found dating actor Ben Affleck same time.
- Ben Affleck (July 2002 – January 2004) – J-Lo had a warm relationship with Ben. They came so much close to each other that they engaged in October 2002. But, this bonding also saw an end in 2004 as their careers were getting affected due to media over-exposure. They also had onscreen appearances in Gigli (2003) and Jersey Girl (2004).
- Marc Anthony (2004-2011) – After that, she married Marc Anthony who was her friend for a long time since 2004. They had appeared together on the screen in 2006 in El Cantante. They married on June 5, 2004, and since then, the couple lived happily for a long time. In February 2008, the couple got blessed by twins, Emme and Maximilian. They split in July 2011 and Marc subsequently filed for divorce.
- Bradley Cooper (September 2011-November 2011) – They dated for a short time in 2011. Though, it was not official and thus is a rumor.
- Casper Smart (November 2011-2014; 2014-2016) – American dancer and actor started dating this sexy singer in November 2011. Their relationship was confirmed by TMZ. They split in April 2014 but reconciled back later. Casper was J Lo’s backup dancer during a tour. In August 2016, they broke their relationship.
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy (2014) – Ukrainian dancer Maksim and J-Lo were RUMORed to be dating in 2014.
- Drake (2016-2017) – In November 2016, Lopez’s name was connected with Canadian rapper and singer, Drake when they were doing a song together. In January 2017, they called it quits.
- Alex Rodríguez (2017-Present) – In February 2017, Lopez commenced dating Dominican-American retired professional baseball player, Alex Rodríguez.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 63 kg
- In Pounds – 139 lbs
- Measurements – 37-27-38
- Bust – 37 inches
- Waist – 27 inhces
- Hip – 38 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Her perfect body structure. Then comes her singing, dancing and acting. She also got popularity because of her high profile relationships.
Jennifer released her debut album ‘On the 5’ on June 1, 1999 under Work Records in the United States. The album is a reference to the 6 subway line in New York City, which Lopez used to commute to work in Manhattan, which included 14 tracks. The song ‘On the Floor’ was one of the best selling singles of all time. She has released eight studio albums, two compilation albums, one extended play, three box sets & 63 singles. Lopez has sold over 75 million records worldwide. The albums are –
- On the 6 (1999)
- J.Lo (2001)
- This Is Me… Then (2002)
- Rebirth (2005)
- Como Ama una Mujer (2007)
- Brave (2007)
- Love? (2011)
- A.K.A. (2014)
- Por Primera Vez (2018)
Jennifer Lopez made her theatrical film debut with the 1986 American drama film, My Little Girl for role as Myra. The film was released in the U.S. in 1987.
Her first landing role was a Fly Girl in the Sketch comedy television series, In Living Color in 1993.
Jennifer has been affiliated with several brands like L’Oreal. Jennifer Lopez, in 2001, launched her brand line entitled ‘JLo’. The brand line includes Clothes, Eyewear, Swimwear, Accessories, Jewellery, Hats, Scarves, Handbags, Watches, Decorative Pillows and Perfumes. Andy Hilfiger and Larry Stemmerman’s investment group backed up the brand.
Awards & Nominations
She has won 120 awards from 341 nominations including three American Music Awards, one BET Award, one Billboard Music Award, ten Billboard Latin Music Awards and two World Music Awards.
Jennifer Lopez Favorites
- Favorite Food – Fried Chicken Cutlets
- Favorite Color – Aqua Blue
- Favorite Perfume – Pheromone and Barney’s Route Du The
- Favorite Charities – American Red Cross, Gloria Wise Boys and Girls Club, Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles
- Favorite Music – Michal Jackson, Tina Turner, Madonna, James Brown
- Favorite Movie – When Harry met Sally
- Favorite Sports – Baseball, Football, Tennis
Jennifer Lopez Net worth
Her net worth is estimated to be $400 million dollars with an annual earning of $40 million dollars. She owns several house in the US including the Hidden Hills estate ($10 million) in the Los Angeles county of California, lavish long Island mansion ($2.1 million), and the exquisite Hamptons home ($19 million) in new Bridgehampton. She owns Rolls Royce Ghost– ($289,250) and Aston Martin DB7– ($150,000).
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jennifer Lopez
- She took singing and dancing lessons when she was 5 years old.
- She is considered an Icon of Popular Culture.
- Jennifer worked as a backup dancer with the boyband New Kids on the Block.
- Lopez became a judge on American Idol in season 11 in 2011.
- With the release of her second album titled J.Lo and film The Wedding planner, Lopez beamce the first person in history to have a number one album and film in the same week.
- Lopez voiced for the character Shira in the Ice Age film series.
- She is widely recognized for her attractive and callipygian figure developing an image as a sex symbol and “one of the most desirable women on the planet”.
- The media often draw comparisons between Lopez and actress Elizabeth Taylor, due to her numerous failed relationships.
- Her 2002 remix album, J to tha L–O! The Remixes, became the first in history to debut at number one on the U.S. Billboard 200.
- In 2010, Lopez was honored by the World Music Awards with the Legend Award for her contribution to the arts.
- In 2012, Forbes ranked her as the most powerful celebrity in the world, as well as the 38th most powerful woman in the world.
- In 2013, she was presented with the prestigious landmark 2,500th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for her musical contributions, and Univision presented her with the World Icon Award in its Premios Juventud.
- In 2014, she became the first female recipient of the Billboard Icon Award.
- Billboard magazine ranked her as the ninth greatest dance club artist of all time in 2016.
- In 2017, she was awarded the Telemundo Star Award.
- JLo was the first woman to have her album and her movie to be listed at number one and she also was the first Latin woman who was paid $9 million.
- Her marriage with Cris Judd was just a publicity stunt.
- In 1997, her first name was Selena Quintanilla-Pérez.
- She has voice acted in the animated movie Antz.
- She met Ojani Noa, a Cuban waiter, on the set of “Blood and Wine” who later became her first husband.
- She is the only woman that FHM rated twice as the “The Sexiest Woman”.
- Jennifer started taking singing and dancing lessons when she was only five years old.
- When Jennifer moved to Manhattan to learn how to dance, she would sleep in the same studio where she took dancing lessons.
- Before she kissed stardom, she sang for the band ‘One’ and once she also danced behind the band, The New Kids On The Block.
- She owns a clothing line called JLo by Jennifer Lopez.
- She also owns a production company, Nuyorican Productions, co-owned with former manager Benny Medina.
- She started dating Sean Combs after she met him on the set of her debut album ‘On the 6’.
- She met Cris Judd, her first husband, at the sets of ‘My Love Don’t Cost a Thing’.
- She was dating P.Diddy at the time as well. Chris and JLo divorced in 9 months.
- Ben proposed to her with a 6.1 carat pink diamond ring. After they were engaged, JLo wrote a song “Dear Ben” to express her love for him.
- Marc Anthony, her long time friend that she married, called her Lola.
- JLo turned the role of Sara in the Will Smith starer Hitch.
- She was ranked at number one on the “Best Bottoms In Hollywood” list of the Touch Magazine.
- JLo was on the “En Concierto” tour when she announced that JLo and her husband, Marc Anthony were expecting twins!
- Jennifer was paid $6 million for appearing on the cover of the People Magazine with her 4 weeks old twins.
- She took a 15 months break to enjoy her motherhood and came back with ‘The Backup Plan’.
- It’s a very non-traditional family that JLo has built for herself and the kids, including their three step-brothers from two other mothers.