Drake is a Canadian rapper, singer, songwriter, actor and entrepreneur. Drake initially gained recognition as an actor on the teen drama television series Degrassi: The Next Generation in the early 2000s. Drake released his debut studio album Thank Me Later in 2010, which debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 and was soon certified platinum. His next two releases, 2011’s Take Care and 2013’s Nothing Was the Same were critically and commercially successful the former earned him his first Grammy Award for Best Rap Album.
Aubrey Drake Graham
Drake, Aub, Champagne Papi, 6 God
Singer, Songwriter, Recording Artist, Rapper, Actor, Entrepreneur
Hip Hop, R&B, Dancehall, Pop
Aspire, Boy Better Know, Cash Money Records, OVO Sound, Republic, Universal Motown, Young Money
Birthday / Date of Birth
Drake was born on October 24, 1986, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
He is currently 32 years old.
Hidden Hills, California, United States
He has African-American ancestry on his father’s side while he is of white Jewish Canadian descent on his mother’s side.
Drake attended a Jewish Day School. Later, he attended Forest Hill Collegiate Institute in Toronto, Ontario. there, he started taking interest in acting. Post that, he went to Vaughan Road Academy in Toronto, Ontario. After dropping out of high school, he finally graduated in October 2012.
- Father – Dennis Graham (Drummer who worked with Jerry Lee Lewis)
- Mother – Sandi Graham (née Sher) (Educator)
- Siblings – Stephenie (Younger Half Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Drake has dated –
- Rashida Jones (2012) – In 2012, after meeting at Sundance Film Festival, the actress Rashida Jones and Drake dated secretly. They didn’t approve of their relationship publicly, hence, it is a RUMOR.
- Rihanna (2016) – Barbadian singer Rihanna was RUMORed to be dating Drake in the spring of 2016.
- Hailey Baldwin (2016) – From May 2016 to August 2016, Drake was RUMORed to be dating American model, Hailey Baldwin.
- India Westbrooks (2016) – In October 2016, he RUMORed to have hooked up with model India Westbrooks.
- Jennifer Lopez (2016-2017) – In November 2016, Drake was romantically linked with American singer Jennifer Lopez. They dated until January 2017.
- Sophie Brussaux (2017) – In January 2017, he hooked up with French adult film star, Sophie Brussaux (aka Rosee Divine). In October 2017, his child Adonis with Sophie was born. He revealed about his child Adonis in the song titled “Emotionless”.
- Paloma Ford (2017) – Drake was reportedly dating American singer and model Paloma Ford in 2017. They neither confirmed nor denied the relationship.
- K’yanna Barber (2017) – From August to October 2017, Drake briefly dated K’yanna Barber.
- Bella Hadid (2017) – In late 2017, he was rumored to be dating model Bella Hadid. She denied of any such rumors.
- Bria Vinaite (2017) – In November 2017, Drake was rumored to have hooked up with Lithuanian actress, Bria Vinaite.
- Malaika Terry (2017) – From May to July 2018, Drake had a fling with the glamour model, Malaika Terry.
- Jorja Smith (2017) – Drake was rumored to be dating singer Jorja Smith in 2017.
- Zmeena (2018) – In June 2018, Drake had an encounter with American adult star, Zmeena.
- In feet – 5 feet 11½ inches
- In centimeters – 182 cm
- In meters – 1.82 m
- In Kilograms – 82 kg
- In Pounds – 181 lbs
- Measurements – 42-14-31
- Chest – 42 inches
- Biceps – 14 inches
- Waist – 31 inches
He wears a size 10 (US) shoe.
His music performances, concerts and albums and Extended Plays such as So Far Gone (2009), Thank Me Later (2010), Take Care (2011), Nothing Was the Same (2013).
Drake played the role as A/V Jones in 2007 (released in 2007 only in the USA and Canada) American comedy-drama film Charlie Bartlett. It was completely released on February 22, 2008.
Drake released his debut album Thank Me Later on June 15, 2010. The album, which is more than an hour long is released under the label Cash Money Records, Universal Motown Records, and Young Money Entertainment. The album received the positive response from the critics. It was able to sell 1.8 million copies worldwide.
Drake guest appeared in a Canadian crime drama television series titled Blue Murder for his role as Joey Tamarin in an episode in 2001.
He had served as the brand evangelist for Toronto Rappers. He had appeared in the Sprite commercial in 2010.
Awards & Nominations
During his acting career, Graham has received five Young Artist Award nominations for playing the role of Jimmy Brooks in Degrassi: The Next Generation, winning Best Ensemble in a TV Series (Comedy or Drama) in the 2002 Young Artist Awards with the rest of the Degrassi cast. Overall, Drake has won 123 awards from 532 nominations, including a conservative 4 Grammy Awards from forty-two nominations.
- Favorite Actor – Denzel Washington
- Favorite Band – N.E.R.D
- Favorite Book – Autobiography of Quincy Jones
- Favorite Color – Brown
- Favorite Movies – Rounders (1998), Two Can Play That Game (2001)
Drake Net worth
Drake has an estimated net worth of $140 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Drake
- His parents divorced when he was 5 years old. After their divorce, he was raised by his mother and resided in 2 houses in Canada.
- He had attended an acting school “Young People’s Theater” as a child.
- In 2012, singer Ericka Lee filed a lawsuit against Drake for the usage of her voice on “Marvin’s Room”. Claiming to have provided the female vocals, Lee also alleged she was owed songwriting credits and royalties.
- In January 2013, Drake announced that he would release the first single off of his third album at the conclusion of the 55th Annual Grammy Awards.
- Business magazine Forbes commented his endorsement deals and business partnerships “combined heavily” for Drake’s reported pre-tax earnings at $94 million between June 2016 to June 2017, being one of the highest-paid celebrities during that period.
- In February 12, 2015, Drake released If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late onto iTunes, with no prior announcement.
- In 2016, Drake caused a nightclub in Oklahoma City to close down, due to his usage of marijuana and other illegal drugs being prevalent at the club.
- In 2017, Drake was embroiled in another lawsuit, being sued by producer Detail (Noel Fisher) over an alleged assault in 2014. Fisher claimed Drake’s bodyguard, Nessel “Chubbs” Beezer, punched him in the face and allegedly broke his jaw over musical and financial disputes.
- In February 2019, he received his second Grammy Award for Best Rap Song, for “God’s Plan”, at the 61st Annual Grammy Awards.
- Visit his official website @ drakeofficial.com.