Christian Bale is an English-American actor who is known for his intense method acting style, often transforming his body drastically for his roles. Bale is the recipient of many awards, including an Academy Award and two Golden Globes and was featured in the Time 100 list of 2011. Bale continued to take on starring roles, including in Nolan’s period drama The Prestige, the western 3:10 to Yuma, the science fiction film Terminator Salvation and the crime drama Public Enemies. He won the Golden Globe and Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of Dicky Eklund in the David O. Russell-directed biographical film The Fighter. This acclaim continued with his Oscar-nominated roles in Russell’s black comedy American Hustle and in Adam McKay’s satires The Big Short and Vice.
Christian Charles Philip Bale
Birthday / Date of Birth
Christian Bale was born on the 30th of January 1974, in Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, Wales, UK.
He’s currently 49 years old.
His father has South African ancestry while his mother is of English descent.
Bale attended Bournemouth School in Bournemouth, Dorset but left at age 16.
- Father – David Bale (Entrepreneur, commercial pilot, talent manager)
- Mother – Jenny (née James) Bale (Circus performer)
- Siblings – Louise Bale (Sister) (Director / Actress), Erin Bale (Sister) (Musician), Sharon Bale (Sister) (Computer specialist)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Christian Bale has dated –
- Drew Barrymore (1987) – Christian had a fling with Barrymore in 1987. At that time, Christian was just 13 years old. Actually, he went out with Drew Barrymore to watch a horror film in the theatre. And, after that time, they never hear anything from each other.
- Samantha Mathis (1994-1995) – Samantha and Christian acted together in a 1994 film Little Women. This was the time when they had first meeting and they soon started dating. The relationship went on till 1995.
- Anna Friel (1999) – Bale commenced dating his A Midsummer Night’s Dream co-star, Anna Friel in 1999. The duo first met on the set of this movie in 1999. The relationship broke out when Anna moved to LA, USA from London, England.
- Sibi Blazic (2000-Present) – Former model and makeup artist, Sibi Blazic met Christian Bale in January 2000 after Winona Ryder introduced the two. Sibi was also a personal assistant to Winona Ryder. Sibi and Bale married on January 29, 2000. The couple now has a daughter Emmeline (b. March 27, 2005).
- In feet – 6 feet 0 inches
- In centimeters – 183 cm
- In meters – 1.83 m
- In Kilograms – 82 kg
- In Pounds – 181 lbs
- Measurements – 46-16-31
- Chest – 46 inches
- Arms / Biceps – 16 inches
- Waist – 31 inches
He wears a shoe of size 11 (US).
Playing Bruce Wayne / Batman in Christopher Nolan’s Batman Begins (2005), The Dark Knight (2008) and The Dark Knight Rises (2012).
In 1986, Christian debuted with a TV movie Anastasia: The Mystery of Anna for his role as Alexei.
In 1982, as a child, he appeared in a commercial for fabric softener Lenor. Also, he has done an advertisement for Pac-Man in 1983.
Christian Bale Net worth
Christian Bale estimated net worth of $120 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
He is not on social media.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Christian Bale
- Bale’s parents divorced in 1991. His mother and sister Sharon stayed in Bournemouth and Bale moved with his father to Los Angeles, California at age seventeen.
- Being a Britisher, he speaks fluent American English.
- He was born in Wales but spent his childhood in various countries like Portugal, England and United States of America.
- His father died at 62 due to brain lymphoma.
- In 1994, Bale made his stage debut opposite Rowan Atkinson via The Nerds.
- He is excellent in horse riding.
- His first ever award victory was for Steven Spielberg’s Empire of the Sun, for which he won National Board of Review Best Juvenile Performance Award and Young Artist Award.
- In 2010, he clinched 30 awards including his first Golden Globe and Academy Award for playing the role of Dicky Eklund in David O. Russell-directed drama film, The Fighter.
- In 2011, Christian appeared in Zhang Yimou’s The Flowers of War, playing the role of John Miller. A historical drama war film, the movie did an average business at the box office.
- In 2013, he played a steel mill worker in Scott Cooper’s thriller, Out of the Furnace.
- In 2019, Bale portrayed sports car racing driver Ken Miles in the sports drama Ford v Ferrari, for which he lost 70 pounds (32 kg) after playing Cheney.