Mark Wahlberg is an American actor, producer, businessman, model, rapper, singer and songwriter. He is also known by his former stage name Marky Mark, from his early career as front man for the group, Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, with whom he released the albums Music for the People and You Gotta Believe. Wahlberg also served as executive producer of four HBO series: the comedy-drama Entourage, the period crime drama Boardwalk Empire and the comedy dramas How to Make It in America and Ballers. He is co-owner of the Wahlburgers chain and co-stars in the reality TV series about it. He frequently portrays police officers, military personnel or criminals in his films. He is also known for his collaborations with directors David O. Russell, Michael Bay, Peter Berg and Sean Anders. He also launched a line of sports nutrition supplements called Marked before entering the world of films.
Mark Robert Michael Wahlberg
Marky Mark, Monk D
Actor, Film Producer, Model, Former Rapper, Singer
Rap, Party-Rap, Pop-Rap
Interscope / Atlantic Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Mark Wahlberg was born on June 05, 1971, in Boston, Massachusetts, United States.
He’s currently 48 years old.
He has English, Irish and French Canadian ancestry on his mother’s side, while he is of half Swedish and half Irish descent on his father’s side.
Mark attended Copley Square High School on Newbury Street in Boston but didn’t graduate. By age 13, Wahlberg had developed an addiction to cocaine and other substances. He did not receive his high school diploma until June 2013.
- Father – Donald Edward Wahlberg (Teamster who worked as a delivery driver)
- Mother – Alma Elaine (née Donnelly) (Bank clerk and nurse’s aide)
- Siblings – Arthur Wahlberg (Older Brother), Jim Wahlberg (Older Brother), Paul Wahlberg (Older Brother), Robert Wahlberg (Older Brother) (Actor), Tracey Wahlberg (Older Sister), Michelle Wahlberg (Older Sister), Debbie Wahlberg (Older Sister (died in 2003 at age 43), Donald “Donnie” Wahlberg (Older Brother) (Singer, actor, film producer)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mark Wahlberg dated –
- Rachel Hunter (2000) – In 2000, Mark Wahlberg dated New Zealand model, Rachel Hunter for a couple of months.
- Jordana Brewster (2000-2001) – From 2000 until June 2001, the actors Jordana Brewster and Mark Wahlberg dated each other.
- Rhea Durham (2001-Present) – Mark met American model, Rhea Durham in 2001 outside a Nobu restaurant. They dated for a couple of years, before engaging in 2005. During this time, Rhea had already given birth to the couple’s first child, Ella Rae. The duo married on August 1, 2009, at the Good Shepherd Catholic Church in Beverly Hills. The couple has four children – Ella Rae (born – September 2, 2003), Michael Robert (born – March 21, 2006), Brendan Joseph (born – September 16, 2008) and Grace Margaret (born – January 11, 2010).
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 78 kg
- In Pounds – 172 lbs
- Measurements – 46-16-35
- Chest – 46 in or 117 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
He wears a shoe of size 9.5 (US).
Playing Vincent “Vince” Francis Papale in the 2006 film Invincible, as Sgt. Sean Dignam in the 2006 film The Departed, playing the title role in the 2008 film Max Payne, as Micky Ward in the 2010 film The Fighter.
In 1993, Mark appeared in a television movie The Substitute for his role as Ryan Westerberg. His role is credited as Marky Mark.
He was the lead singer of the band Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch. With his band, he released his first album on July 23, 1991, titled Music for the People. It got certified as Platinum in U.S. and Canada and topped the chart of US Heatseekers. On September 15, 1992, Mark released another album You Gotta Believe via Interscope Records.
He has guest appeared in several episodes of HBO’s comedy-drama television series Entourage as himself in 2004, 2008, 2009 and 2010.
He is a former Calvin Klein Underwear model and appeared in their commercial in 1993. In 2011, he was announced as the face of Men’s brand PRVCY.
Mark Wahlberg Favorites
His favorite things are unknown.
Mark Wahlberg Net worth
Mark Wahlberg estimated net worth of $255 million dollars as of 2019 and he’s one of the richest actors worldwide.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Mark Wahlberg
- Instagram – markwahlberg
- Twitter – Mark Wahlberg
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mark Wahlberg
- He was born as the youngest of nine siblings to Alma Elaine, a bank clerk and Donald Wahlberg, a delivery driver. His parents divorced when he was 11.
- He was the frontman of the band Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch.
- He is youngest in his family and has 8 siblings.
- Mark is a distant relative of author Nathaniel Hawthorne on his mom’s side. He is also distantly related to Celine Dion, Halle Berry and Madonna.
- He started his career as a rapper and got famous by the name Marky Mark in 1991.
- Former baseball player, Derek Jeter is a big fan of him.
- In 1992, Rolling Stone readers voted him the worst male singer of the year.
- Wahlberg owns a Massachusetts based burger joint Wahlburgers.
- Mark was at #1 place in Hottest Hotties of the 90’s list by VH1.
- Wahlberg considers the 2002 film The Truth About Charlie as his worst film.
- In December 2001, he purchased a $5 million mansion in Beverly Hills for his mother.
- He has a tattoo of Bob Marley on his left upper arm.
- Wahlberg is good friends with Leonardo DiCaprio.
- He runs a charity called Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation.
- He won the African-American Film Critics Association for Best Actor for his portrayal of Micky Ward in The Fighter in 2010.
- In 2013, along with Sean Combs, Mark released performance water called AQUAhydrate.