Storm Reid is an American actress. She starred as Meg Murry, in the fantasy film A Wrinkle in Time. She is also known for featuring in the Academy Award winning film 12 Years a Slave alongside Brad Pitt and Paul Giamatti. As a television actress, she has done a number of television projects like Adam DeVine’s House Party, NCIS: Los Angeles and Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn. In 2019, Storm grabbed the lead role of Gia Bennett in the Netflix teen dram Euphoria and went on to voice Nia on Hulu’s The Bravest Knight.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Storm Reid was born on the 1st of July 2003, in Atlanta, Georgia, United States.
She’s currently 19 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States
She is African-American.
Storm studied in Chestnut Charter Elementary School located in Dunwoody, Georgia. Around the age of 8, Storm took acting lessons at Creative Studios Atlanta Film Academy (CSA). In March 2021, Reid was accepted to the University of Southern California (USC).
- Father – Rodney Reid (Personal Trainer, Life Coach)
- Mother – Robyn Simpson (TV / Film Producer, Seed & Wings Productions)
- Siblings – Iman Reid (Older Sister) (Air Hostess), Paris Reid (Older Sister) (TV / Film Producer, Seed & Wings Productions), Josh Reid (Older Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Storm Reid has dated –
- Sayeed Shahidi (2017-2021)– In February 2017, Reid was in a relationship with actor Sayeed Shahidi. In the fall of 2021, she began attending the University of Southern California.
- Shedeur Sanders (2022-Present) – In 2022, Storm is dating college football player Shedeur Sanders. The couple made their red carpet debut at the premiere of the 2023 film, Missing.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.70 m
- In Kilograms – 51 kg
- In Pounds – 113 lbs
- Measurements – 32-23-32
- Bust – 32 inches
- Waist – 23 inches
- Hip – 32 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Playing the role of Emily in 12 Years a Slave which won the Academy Award for Best Picture (2013).
In 2013, Storm was seen in the role of Emily in the period drama film, 12 Years a Slave.
In 2013, Reid had a 1 episode guest role of a character named Avery in the comedy series The Thundermans aired on Nickelodeon.
At the age of 3, Storm was cast in a Sprouts PBS Kids TV commercial which was also her first job.
Storm Reid Favorites
- Favorite Actress – Meryl Streep
- Favorite Movie – Matilda (1996)
- Favorite Books – The Giver (1993) by Lois Lowry, Heart Talk (2018) by Cleo Wade
- Favorite Song – Lemon by N.E.R.D and Rihanna
- Favorite Cookie – Mint Oreos
- Favorite Clothing Brand – Forever 21, Topshop, GAP
- Favorite Brands – Coach, Chanel
Storm Reid Net worth
Storm Reid has a estimated net worth of $0.8 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Storm Reid
- Instagram – stormreid
- Twitter – Storm Reid
- YouTube Channel – Storm Reid
Some Lesser Known Facts About Storm Reid
- Reid began acting when she was three years old.
- As a student, she enjoyed studying Science and Mathematics and received good grades in those subjects. She is also good at drawing and singing.
- Storm is also an aspiring filmmaker and hopes to get into movie production with the help of her mother.
- She began her career in showbiz at age three when she was booked for a Tv commercial.
- She landed her first acting gig with a small role in a short film at age nine.
- Storm reportedly had 1 Betta fish and 3 pet dogs named Bella (a pit bull), Prime (a boxer) and Cayenne (a red toy poodle).
- In 2016, she starred as Tina in the science fiction drama film Sleight, the younger sister of the film’s protagonist, Bo.
- In 2016, Storm starred as Aki in the film Lea to the Rescue, which was part of the American Girl film series.
- In 2017, she featured as Tina Wolfe in the sci-fi drama Sleight. Focusing on a street magician in Los Angeles, the movie grossed $4 million worldwide against a $250,000 budget.
- In 2017, she appeared as Patricia in the comedy-drama film A Happening of Monumental Proportions, which had been received negatively by critics.
- In 2019, Storm starred as Lisa in two episodes of the critically acclaimed Netflix limited series When They See Us.
- In 2020, Reid starred as Sydney Lanier, the daughter of James Lanier, in the science fiction horror film The Invisible Man, which was a commercial success and received critical acclaim.