Hugh Jackman is an Australian actor, singer and producer. He is known for his long running role as Wolverine in the X-Men film series, as well as for his lead roles in films such as the romantic-comedy fantasy Kate & Leopold, the action-horror film Van Helsing, the magic-themed drama The Prestige, the epic fantasy drama The Fountain, the epic historical romantic drama Australia, the film version of Les Misérables, the thriller Prisoners and the musical The Greatest Showman. In 2013, his work in Les Misérables earned him his first Academy Award nomination for Best Actor and his first Golden Globe Award for Best Actor, Motion Picture Musical or Comedy.
Hugh Michael Jackman
Actor, Singer, Producer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Hugh Jackman was born on 12th of October 1968, in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
He is currently 52 years old.
Jackman has described himself as a Christian and a “religious person”. He meditates daily and follows the spiritually eclectic School of Practical Philosophy.
Jackman attended Pymble Public School and Knox Grammar School in Sydney, After graduation, he spent his drop year by working at Uppingham School in England. In 1991, he graduated with B.A. in Communications from the University of Technology in Sydney, Australia.
- Father – Christopher John Jackman (Cambridge-trained accountant)
- Mother – Grace McNeil
- Siblings – Ian Jackman (Brother), Ralph Jackman (Brother), Sonya Jackman (Sister), Zoe Jackman (Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Hugh Jackman has dated –
- Deborra-Lee Furness (1996-Present) – Hugh Jackman married his Correlli co-star Deborra-Lee Furness on 11 April 1996, at St. John’s in Toorak, Victoria, a suburb of Melbourne. Following two miscarriages, the couple adopted two children – Oscar Maximillian Jackman (b. 15 May 2000) and Ava Eliot Jackman (b. July 10, 2005).
- In feet – 6 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 190 cm
- In meters – 1.9 m
- In Kilograms – 85 kg
- In Pounds – 187 lbs
- Measurements – 42–14–35
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
He wears a size 10-12 (US) shoe.
Jackman portrayal of Logan/Wolverine in X-Men film series and his other notable work include his roles in film such as Prisoners, The Prestige, Les Misérables, Pan and Van Helsing.
In 1999, Jackman got his first film role in Erskineville Kings a Australian drama film playing the role of Wace.
In 1994, Jackman appeared in an episode of an Australian television drama series, Law of the Land for his role as Charles “Chicka” McCray.
Jackman has done brand endorsements for Asahi Super Dry (Japanese beer), Body by Milk, Lipton Tea and Micromax.
Hugh Jackman Favorites
- Favorite Actor – George Clooney
- Favorite Idols – Olivia Newton-John
- Favorite Holiday Destination – India
Hugh Jackman Net worth
Hugh Jackman has an estimated net worth of $150 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Hugh Jackman
- His one of the paternal great-grandfather was Greek.
- Keith Urban, Nicole Kidman, Rupert Murdoch are his good friends.
- His parents divorced when he was eight, and was brought up by his mother.
- In China, he is nicknamed Wolf Uncle because his name does not translate easily.
- He has 2 pets – Peaches (French bulldog) and JJ (bulldog).
- Jackman is a multi-instrumentalist; He plays the guitar, piano and violin.
- In 2003, he was named as one of “The 50 Most Beautiful People in the World” by People magazine.
- He catapulted to international fame after he played Wolverine in X-Men. In the comics, Wolverine stands 5′ 3″, however Jackman stands a whole foot taller than his character, at 6′ 3″.
- In 2004, Jackman won the Tony Award and the Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Actor in a Musical for his 2003–2004 Broadway portrayal of Australian songwriter and performer Peter Allen in the hit musical “The Boy from Oz”.
- In 2005, Jackman launched his production company, Seed Productions, with his longtime assistant John Palermo.
- In 2008, he was voted People Magazine’s “Sexiest Man Alive”.
- His life goal as a young man was to be an international freelance journalist. He got a degree in journalism before turning to acting.
- In 2009, he hosted the 81st Academy Awards ceremony.
- Jackman is the Godfather of Rupert Murdoch’s daughters Grace and Chloe.
- He is good friends with Russell Crowe, Nicole Kidman, Kylie Minogue, Neil Patrick Harris, Eric Bana, Liev Schreiber, Daniel Craig and Kate Winslet.
- In 2012, Jackman received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame accompanied by his family as well as his “Les Misérables” director Tom Hooper and co-stars Anne Hathaway and Amanda Seyfried.