Hugh Michael Jackman is an Australian actor, singer, and producer. Jackman has won international recognition for his roles in a variety of film genres. He is known for his long-running role as Wolverine in the X-Men film series, as well as for his lead roles in films such as the romantic-comedy fantasy Kate & Leopold (2001), the action-horror film Van Helsing (2004), the magic-themed drama The Prestige(2006), the epic fantasy drama The Fountain (2006), the epic historical romantic drama Australia (2008), the film version of Les Misérables (2012), the thriller Prisoners (2013), and the musical The Greatest Showman (2017). His work in Les Misérables earned him his first Academy Award nomination for Best Actor and his first Golden Globe Award for Best Actor, Motion Picture Musical or Comedy in 2013.
Hugh Michael Jackman
Actor, Singer, Producer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Hugh Jackman was born on October 12, 1968 in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
He is currently 50 years old.
His ancestry is English.
Jackman has described himself as a Christian and a “religious person”. He meditates daily and follows the spiritually eclectic School of Practical Philosophy.
Jackman attended Pymble Public School and Knox Grammar School in Sydney, After graduation, he spent his drop year by working at Uppingham School in England. In 1991, he graduated with B.A. in Communications from the University of Technology in Sydney, Australia.
- Father – Christopher John Jackman (Cambridge-trained accountant)
- Mother – Grace McNeil
- Siblings – Ian Jackman (Brother), Ralph Jackman (Brother), Sonya Jackman (Sister), Zoe Jackman (Sister)
Hugh was signed to these talent agencies –
- Endeavor Talent Agency – USA
- Penny Williams Management – Australia
- Lou Coulson Agency – U.K.
Girlfriend / Spouse
- Deborra-Lee Furness – Hugh Jackman married his Correlli co-star Deborra-Lee Furness on 11 April 1996, at St. John’s in Toorak, Victoria, a suburb of Melbourne. Following two miscarriages, the couple adopted two children – Oscar Maximillian Jackman (b. 15 May 2000) and Ava Eliot Jackman (b. July 10, 2005).
- In feet – 6 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 190 cm
- In meters – 1.9 m
- In Kilograms – 85 kg
- In Pounds – 187 lbs
He wears a size 10-12 (US) shoe.
- Ruggedly handsome features
- Muscular physique
- Deep resonant voice
- Hugh Jackman got his first film role in “Erskineville Kings”, a Australian drama film in 1999, playing the role of Wace.
- He landed his first major role in 2000 playing Logan/Wolverine in Bryan Singer’s “X-Men”. The film was a huge success at the box office, grossing US$296 million. The role earned him a Saturn Award for Best Actor. Jackman reprised his role in 2003’s X2: X-Men United, 2006’s X-Men: The Last Stand, and the 2009 prequel X-Men Origins: Wolverine, 2011’s X-Men: First Class., 2013’s The Wolverine, 2014’s X-Men: Days of Future Past, 2016’s X-Men: Apocalypse and 2017’s Logan.
In 1994, Jackman appeared in an episode of an Australian television drama series, “Law of the Land” for his role as Charles “Chicka” McCray.
- His portrayal of Logan/Wolverine in X-Men film series.
- His role as Leopold in the 2001 romantic comedy film Kate & Leopold, playing Victorian English duke who accidentally time-travels to 21st-century Manhattan, where he meets Kate (Meg Ryan), a cynical advertising executive. He earned a Best Actor Golden Globe nomination.
- His other notable work include his roles in film such as Prisoners, The Prestige, Les Misérables, Pan and Van Helsing.
Jackman has done brand endorsements for Asahi Super Dry (Japanese beer), Body by Milk, Lipton Tea, and Micromax.
|Paperback Hero||Jack Willis|
|2000||X-Men||Logan / Wolverine|
|2001||Someone Like You||Eddie|
|Kate & Leopold||Leopold|
|2003||X2||Logan / Wolverine|
|2004||Profile of a Serial Killer||Eric Ringer|
|Van Helsing||Gabriel Van Helsing|
|Van Helsing: The London Assignment||Voice role|
|2005||Stories of Lost Souls||Roger||Segment: “Standing Room Only”|
|2006||Happy Feet||Memphis||Voice role(s)|
|The Prestige||Robert Angier|
|The Fountain||Tomás, Tommy and Tom Creo|
|X-Men: The Last Stand||Logan / Wolverine|
|2008||Deception||Wyatt Bose||Also producer|
|The Burning Season||Narrator||Documentary film;|
|2009||X-Men Origins: Wolverine||Logan / Wolverine||Also producer|
|2011||X-Men: First Class||Cameo|
|Snow Flower and the Secret Fan||Arthur|
|Real Steel||Charlie Kenton|
|2012||Rise of the Guardians||Bunnymund / The Easter Bunny||Voice role|
|Les Misérables||Jean Valjean|
|The Wolverine||James Howlett / Logan / Wolverine||Also producer|
|2014||X-Men: Days of Future Past||Logan / Wolverine|
|Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb||King Arthur / Himself|
|Me and Earl and the Dying Girl||Himself||Voice role|
|2016||Eddie the Eagle||Bronson Peary|
|X-Men: Apocalypse||Logan / Weapon X / Wolverine||Cameo|
|2017||Logan||James “Logan” Howlett / Wolverine / X-24|
|The Greatest Showman||P.T. Barnum|
|Deadpool 2||Logan / Wolverine||Archive footage|
|The Front Runner||Gary Hart|
|Missing Link||Sir Lionel Frost||Voice role; in production|
|Law of the Land||1994||Charles “Chicka” McCray||Episode: “Win, Lose and Draw”|
|Correlli||1995||Kevin Jones||10 episodes; main role|
|Blue Heelers||Brady Jackson||Episode: “Just Desserts”|
|The Man from Snowy River||1996||Duncan Jones||5 episodes|
|Saturday Night Live||2001||Himself / Host||Episode: “Hugh Jackman/Mick Jagger”|
|57th Tony Awards||2003||Himself / Host||Television special|
|58th Tony Awards||2004||Himself / Host||Television special|
|59th Tony Awards||2005||Himself / Host||Television special|
|Viva Laughlin||2007||Nicky Fontana||Episode: “Pilot”, also executive producer|
|81st Academy Awards||2009||Himself / Host||Television special|
|Sesame Street||2010||Himself||Episode: “Tribute to Number Seven”|
|WWE Raw||2011||Himself / Host||Episode: “955”|
|Saturday Night Live||Daniel Radcliffe||Episode: “Ben Stiller/Foster the People”|
|Top Gear||2013||Himself||Episode: “20.4”|
|Christmas in Washington||Himself / Host||Television special|
|WWE Raw||2014||Himself / Host||Episode “1,091”|
|68th Tony Awards||Himself / Host||Television special|
Hugh Jackman Favorites
- Favorite Idols – Olivia Newton-John
- Favorite Holiday Destination – India
Hugh Jackman Net worth
Hugh Jackman has a net worth of $150 million dollars.
Social Media Profiles
He is very active on social media, where he has over 12 million followers on Twitter, 23 million followers on Facebook and 20 million followers on Instagram.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Hugh Jackman
- His one of the paternal great-grandfather was Greek.
- Keith Urban, Nicole Kidman, Rupert Murdoch are his good friends.
- His parents divorced when he was eight, and was brought up by his mother.
- For his performance as Curly in the Royal National Theatre’s acclaimed stage production of “Oklahoma!”, Jackman received Laurence Olivier Theatre Award for Best Actor nomination in 1999.
- In 2004, Jackman won the Tony Award and the Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Actor in a Musical for his 2003–2004 Broadway portrayal of Australian songwriter and performer Peter Allen in the hit musical “The Boy from Oz”.
- Jackman is a multi-instrumentalist; He plays the guitar, piano and violin.
- In 2003, he was named as one of “The 50 Most Beautiful People in the World” by People magazine.
- He catapulted to international fame after he played Wolverine in X-Men. In the comics, Wolverine stands 5′ 3″, however Jackman stands a whole foot taller than his character, at 6′ 3″.
- Jackman launched his production company, Seed Productions, with his longtime assistant John Palermo in 2005.
- He was voted People Magazine’s “Sexiest Man Alive” in 2008.
- His life goal as a young man was to be an international freelance journalist. He got a degree in journalism before turning to acting.
- In 2009, he hosted the 81st Academy Awards ceremony.
- Jackman is the Godfather of Rupert Murdoch’s daughters Grace and Chloe.
- He is good friends with Russell Crowe, Nicole Kidman, Kylie Minogue, Neil Patrick Harris, Eric Bana, Liev Schreiber, Daniel Craig and Kate Winslet.
- In 2012, Jackman received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame accompanied by his family as well as his “Les Misérables” director Tom Hooper and co-stars Anne Hathaway and Amanda Seyfried.
- In China, he is nicknamed Wolf Uncle because his name does not translate easily.
- Jackman turned down the lead role offer in the movie The Huntsman in Snow White and the Huntsman (2012), which later went to Chris Hemsworth.
- As a Philanthropist, Jackman is a global advisor of the Global Poverty Project and a vocal supporter of Muhammad Yunus, microcredit pioneer and Nobel Peace Prize winner.
- He has 2 pets – Peaches (French bulldog) and JJ (bulldog).