James Reid is a Filipino-Australian actor, singer-songwriter, dancer, model, record producer and record label executive. He began his professional acting career in the early 2010s after being named as Big Winner of Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Clash 2010.
Reid has since starred in Philippines movies, such as Talk Back and You’re Dead, Para sa Hopeless Romantic, This Time and Never Not Love You. James also starred in the Philippine TV series Good Vibes, On the Wings of Love and Till I Met You.
Robert James Marquinez Reid
Actor, Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Model, Record Producer
Pop, R&B, P-Pop, Soul
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
Star Music, Viva Records, Careless Music Manila
Birthday / Date of Birth
James Reid was born on the 11th of May 1993, in Sydney, Australia.
He’s currently 27 years old.
Multiracial (White and Asian)
He has English and Scottish ancestry on his father’s side and is of Filipino descent on his mother’s side.
James attended Makati Science High School but his father enrolled him in Karabar High School Distance Education Centre an Australian distance-learning center in Karabar, New South Wales, Australia.
- Father – Robert Malcolm Reid
- Mother – Maria Aprilyn Marquinez
- Siblings – Jack Reid (Half-Brother) (Instagram Star), Lauren Reid (Half-Sister) (Instagram Star). He has 5 other siblings.
Girlfriend / Spouse
James Reid has dated –
- Nadine Lustre (2016-2020) – In February 2016, Reid announced that he and his on-screen partner, Nadine Lustre, were in a relationship. In January 2020, after nearly four years of a relationship, the couple announced their split.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 69 kg
- In Pounds – 15265 lbs
- Measurements – 38–12–32
- Chest – 38 in or 96.50 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 12 in or 30.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
He wears a size 10 (US) shoe.
James began his professional acting career in the early 2010s after being named as Big Winner of Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Clash (2010). He then rose to prominence for his leading role in the film Diary ng Panget (2014).
In 2011, James made his acting debut as Paul Ruiz in the short film, On Thin Ice.
In September 4, 2013, James launched his self-titled debut album, with two covers and four original songs, two of which composed by Reid himself.
In 2011, James guest appeared in the GMA Network Philippine drama series, Maynila in which he played the role of Alvin.
James has endorsed numerous brands such as Folded & Hung, Great Taste White Crema, Nestle Milo, Huawei, Grab, Century Tuna Superbods, Jollibee, Mountain Dew & Fujifilm.
James Reid Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite Singer – Rihanna, Selena Gomez
- Favorite Summer Song – Australia Street by Sticky Fingers
- Favorite Music Genre – R&B
- Favorite TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Foie Gras
James Reid Net worth
James Reid has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – James Reid
- Instagram – james
- Twitter – James Reid
- YouTube Channel – James Reid
Some Lesser Known Facts About James Reid
- At the age of 17, he became the winner of Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Clash 2010 in June 2010.
- James is an avid photographer and shares his pictures on his Instagram account.
- Reid was a keen gymnast and swimmer while studying in Australia.
- In 24 July 2011, Reid together with Bret Jackson launched their first digital EP entitled We Are Whatever on ASAP Rocks.
- In 2012, Reid left Star Magic and signed with Viva Artists Agency.
- In 2014, James starred in his launching movie Diary ng Panget together with Nadine Lustre, Yassi Pressman and Andre Paras.
- In 26 August 2014, Reid signed a two-year contract with ABS-CBN that marked his exclusivity to the network again after two years of freelancing and becoming a talent of Viva Artists Agency, as ABS-CBN gave him popularity.
- In 20 February 2016, Reid and his on-screen and real life partner, Nadine Lustre, had their first major concert titled JaDine In Love at the Smart Araneta Coliseum.
- In August 2018, James had his first movie, without his onscreen partner Nadine, playing a lead role with Sarah Geromino as his grandmother in a remake of Korean Movie Miss Granny.
- After seven years with Viva Artists Agency, James Reid decided to leave the agency with his father Robert Malcolm Reid taking over managing his career.