Billy Zane is an American actor. Billy played antagonist Caledon Hockley in the epic romantic disaster film Titanic. His other films include Back to the Future and its sequel Back to the Future Part II, Dead Calm and Memphis Belle, the television series Twin Peaks, Tombstone, Demon Knight, The Phantom and the video game Kingdom Hearts.
William George Zane Jr.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Billy Zane was born on the 24th of February 1966, in Chicago, Illinois, United States.
He’s currently 53 years old.
He is of Greek descent.
Billy attended The American School in Switzerland (TASIS). Zane graduated from Francis W. Parker School and attended Harand Camp of the Theater Arts in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin.
- Father – William George Zane, Sr.
- Mother – Thalia Zane (nee Colovos)
- Siblings – Lisa Zane (Older Sister) (Actress, Singer)
- Relatives – George Zanetakos (Paternal Grandfather), Vasiliki “Bessie” Manikas (Paternal Grandmother), George Peter Colovos (Maternal Grandfather) and Manica George Kanellokos (Maternal Grandmother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Billy Zane has dated –
- Lisa Collins (1989-1995) – Zane was married to actress Lisa Collins for 6 years from 1989 to 1995.
- Leonor Varela (1999) – Billy started a relationship with his Cleopatra co-star Leonor Varela and the two were engaged shortly after briefly dating.
- Kelly Brook (2004-2008) – Billy was engaged to British model turned actress Kelly Brook with whom he acted alongside in the film Survival Island. The couple broke up in April 2008 and reconciled again thereafter but had officially called it quits in August of the same year.
- Jasmina Hdagda (2010) – In 2010, Zane dated Croatian model Jasmina Hdagha but they broke up later that year.
- Candice Neil (2010-Present) – Billy engaged to model Candice Neil who also turns out to be the mother of his 2 daughters Ava Catherine (b. 2011) and Gia (b. 2014).
- In feet – 6 feet 0½ inches
- In centimeters – 184 cm
- In meters – 1.84 m
- In Kilograms – 84 kg
- In Pounds – 185 lbs
- Measurements – 40–14–34
- Chest – 40 in or 101 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
He wears a size 11 (US) shoe.
Zane played the snobbish millionaire misanthrope Caledon Hockley in James Cameron’s blockbuster Titanic (1997). This role as Rose’s (played by Kate Winslet) fiancé earned him an MTV Movie Award nomination for Best Villain and a Blockbuster Entertainment Award. He was also nominated for a SAG award.
In 1985, Billy landed a role in the science fiction film, Back to the Future playing the role of Match, one of Biff Tannen’s thugs.
In 1987, Billy made his television debut playing the role of Les in the television film, Brotherhood of Justice.
Billy Zane Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp, Leonardo DiCaprio
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite Singer – Rihanna
- Favorite TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Fast Food
Billy Zane Net worth
Billy Zane has an estimated net worth of $20 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – Billy Zane
- Instagram – billyzane
- Instagram – Billy Zane
Some Lesser Known Facts About Billy Zane
- Zane is a abstract expressionist painter. He has had numerous solo and group exhibitions.
- In 1988, he played the role of Tony Gambini in an episode of the drama series Murder, She Wrote where he acted alongside Jessica Fletcher.
- In 1990, Billy landed his first major role in the independent, low-budget science-fiction thriller film Megaville.
- In 1992, Zane co-starred alongside Tilda Swinton in the film adaptation of Virginia Woolf’s novel Orlando.
- In 1993, Billy played the Shakespearean actor “Mr. Fabian” in Tombstone, took a starring role in Sniper and played a playboy named Harry.
- In 1996, Zane played the eponymous classic comic book hero in the big budget action film The Phantom, based on Lee Falk’s comic.
- In 1998, Zane starred and produced I Woke Up Early the Day I Died, a silent film inspired by Ed Wood’s last script intended as a parody on bad filmmaking.
- In 1999, Zane participated in the first Gumball 3000 rally, driving a 1964 Aston Martin DB5.
- Zane executive-produced a CD by bluesman Tim O’Connor that includes three songs from Dead Calm, in which Zane had one of the lead roles.
- In 2006, Zane starred in Arthur Allan Seidelman’s West End production of Six Dance Lessons in Six Weeks as an acerbic gay dance instructor opposite Claire Bloom.
- In 2012, Zane starred in the action/thriller film, The Kill Hole.
- In January 2017, Billy appeared in a commercial for KFC as a gold-colored Colonel Sanders to pitch the restaurant chain’s newest limited-time flavor, Georgia Gold Honey Mustard BBQ chicken.