Seth MacFarlane is an American actor, animator, filmmaker, comedian and singer. He is the creator of the TV series Family Guy and The Orville and co-creator of the TV series American Dad! and The Cleveland Show. He also wrote, directed and starred in the films Ted, its sequel Ted 2 and A Million Ways to Die in the West. He won several awards for his work on Family Guy, including five Primetime Emmy Awards and an Annie Award. In 2013, MacFarlane hosted the 85th Academy Awards and was also nominated for Best Original Song for the song Everybody Needs a Best Friend from Ted.
Seth Woodbury MacFarlane
Actor, Animator, Filmmaker, Comedian, Singer
Traditional Pop, Big Band, Easy Listening, Jazz, Vocal Jazz, Show Tunes, Swing, Musical Comedy, Vocal
Universal Republic, Republic Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Seth MacFarlane was born on the 26th of October 1973, in Kent, Connecticut, United States.
He’s currently 46 years old.
Seth has English, Irish and Scottish ancestry with distant New England roots.
Seth completed his schooling in 1991 from Kent School. He went on to pursue his passion for animation and filming at the Rhode Island School of Design from where he earned a bachelor in fine arts degree.
- Father – Ronald Milton MacFarlane (Has served as a teacher at Kent School)
- Mother – Ann Perry (née Sager) (Has worked in the Admissions Office at South Kent School)
- Siblings – Rachael Ann MacFarlane (Younger Sister) (Voice Actress)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Seth MacFarlane has dated –
- Nicole Sullivan (1998-2000) – From 1998 to 2000, the actors Nicole Sullivan and Seth were an item.
- Tamera Mowry-Housley (2006) – Actress Tamera Mowry-Housley went on a date with Seth MacFarlane in 2006, which she revealed in 2013 during an episode of The Real.
- Christa Campbell (2006) – In 2006, actors Christa Campbell and Seth briefly dated together.
- Jessica Barth (2006) – In 2006, actors Jessica Barth and Seth MacFarlane were an item.
- Kat Foster (2007-2008) – From 2007 to January 2008, actors Kat Foster and Seth MacFarlane were romantically linked to each other.
- Eliza Dushku (2008-2009) – In March 2008, actors Eliza Dushku and Seth met via a mutual friend and started dating each other. The couple kept their private lives secret and in November 2009, the two stopped seeing each other. He is 8 years her senior.
- Amanda Bynes (2008) – After meeting actress Amanda Bynes on the set of Family Guy, the two of these started dating each other in July 2008 and split later in the year. He is approx 13 years her senior.
- Kate Todd (2008-2009) – From 2008 to early 2009, Canadian singer Kate Todd and Seth MacFarlane were romantically linked to each other. Here also, Kate is 14 years his junior.
- Kaylee DeFer (2009) – After meeting actress Kaylee DeFer in 2006 at the set of the sitcom The War at Home, the couple dated briefly in 2009.
- Ashley Greene (2009) – In the summer of 2009, actors Ashley Greene and Seth MacFarlane had a couple of dates.
- Katie Sah (2009) – In late 2009, Seth dated a girl named, Katie Sah after getting introduced to her via his college friend. He also took her for shopping in Beverly Hills to buy her a Roberto Cavalli gown so that she can wear it to Emmys as his date.
- Audrina Patridge (2009) – In December 2009, the reality TV star, Audrina Patridge and Seth had an encounter when they were pictured together at Seth’s house party in Hollywood Hills. Nothing came out of the relationship.
- Alexandra Breckenridge (2011) – They have worked together for years on Family Guy, but in 2011, they secretly started dating each other. In November 2011, she also appeared at the American Music Awards VIP after party.
- Emilia Clarke (2012-2013) – From July 2012 to March 2013, English actress Emilia Clarke and Seth dated each other.
- Halston Sage (2017-Present) – In September 2017, Seth commenced dating the fellow actress, Halston Sage.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters – 1.78 m
- In Kilograms – 83 kg
- In Pounds – 183 lbs
- Measurements – 40-15-38
- Chest – 40 in or 102 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 38 in or 96.5 cm
His shoe size is 10.5 (US).
MacFarlane is the creator of the TV series Family Guy (1999–present) and The Orville (2017–present) and co-creator of the TV series American Dad! (2005–present) and The Cleveland Show (2009–2013). He also wrote, directed and starred in the films Ted (2012), A Million Ways to Die in the West (2014) & its sequel Ted 2 (2015).
In 1995, Seth first appeared in a animated film The Life of Larry where he voiced the role of Larry, Steve and Lois. It was a student film directed by himself.
In 1997, Seth MacFarlane was seen in just one episode of animation showcase series What a Cartoon! where he voiced the role of Larry and Steve.
In September 27, 2011 , Seth released his first album Music Is Better Than Words via Universal Republic Records. It peaked at #111 at Us Billboard 200.
In 2009, Seth appeared in a TV commercial for Hulu.com. Later in 2012, Seth was seen in AXE Hair commercial. He was also seen in the television commercials for animated television series American Dad! and Family Guy.
Seth MacFarlane Favorites
- Favorite Movie – Airplane! (1980), Caddyshack (1980), The Sound of Music (1965)
- Favorite Western TV Series – Gunsmoke (1955-1975)
- Favorite Western Film – The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962)
- Favorite Star Wars Film – Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
- Favorite Star Trek TV Series – Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Favorite Music Band – Queen
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Pizza
Seth MacFarlane Net worth
Seth MacFarlane has an estimated net worth of $225 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Seth MacFarlane
- Instagram – macfarlaneseth
- Twitter – Seth MacFarlane
- YouTube Channel – SethMacFarlaneVEVO
Some Lesser Known Facts About Seth MacFarlane
- By the age of 2, he started creating cartoon characters.
- As a 9 year old child, he used to earn $5 a week from a local newspaper based in Kent, Connecticut for publishing a comic strip.
- He is the creator of adult animated sitcom, Family Guy.
- Seth is good friends with Charlize Theron, Amy Schumer, Norah Jones, Neil deGrasse Tyson and Matt Groening.
- He has his own production company called Fuzzy Door.
- In 1996, Seth MacFarlane made Larry & Steve, a sequel to The Life of Larry. Fox Broadcasting Company saw the films and expressed its desire to convert them into an animation series.
- In 2000, Seth MacFarlane won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Voice for Family Guy.
- In 2002, he won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Music and Lyrics for You’ve Got a Lot to See from Family Guy.
- In 2007, Seth MacFarlane began creating his next animation sitcom The Cleveland Show.
- In 2008, he released a web television series called Seth MacFarlane’s Cavalcade of Cartoon Comedy.
- In 2008, Seth MacFarlane signed a $100 million deal with Fox Broadcasting Company to extend his shows Family Guy and American Dad! for four years. This deal made him the highest paid television writer.
- In 2008, MacFarlane released a series of webisodes known as Seth MacFarlane’s Cavalcade of Cartoon Comedy with its animated shorts sponsored by Burger King and released weekly.
- In 2009, MacFarlane began work on the animated series Bordertown. The series is set in Texas and follows a border patrol agent and a Mexican immigrant, satirizing America’s changing cultural landscape.
- In 2009, he appeared as a vocalist at the BBC Proms with the John Wilson Orchestra in Prom 22 A Celebration of Classic MGM Film Musicals.
- In 2010, he reappeared at the Proms with the John Wilson Orchestra in a Christmas concert special.
- In 2013, he announced that he would be working on the American sitcom Dads. The show was canceled after the first season. The same year, he hosted the 85th Academy Awards in Los Angeles.
- In 2013, he won the People’s Choice Award under the Favorite Movie category for Ted.
- In 2013, Seth MacFarlane also won the Critics’ Choice Award for Best Reality Series for his work in Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey.
- In 2014, MacFarlane executive-produced a two-season, 20-episode series called Blunt Talk for Starz.
- In 2015, MacFarlane revealed support for Bernie Sanders in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, and he introduced Sanders onstage at a Los Angeles rally.
- In 2017, he also created and starred in an American science fiction comedy-drama series titled The Orville.
- In September 15, 2017, MacFarlane released his fourth studio album In Full Swing.
- In 2019, MacFarlane revealed support for Pete Buttigieg in the 2020 U.S. Presidential Election.
- In 2019, he also starred in an American drama miniseries titled The Loudest Voice.