Charlize Theron is a South African-American actress and film producer. She is the recipient of several accolades, including an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award and the Silver Bear for Best Actress. In 2003, she received critical acclaim for her portrayal of serial killer Aileen Wuornos in Monster, for which she won the Academy Award for Best Actress, becoming the first South African to win an Oscar in a major acting category.
Actress, Film Producer
She holds dual citizenship of American and South African.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Charlize Theron was born on 7 August 1975, in Benoni, South Africa.
She’s currently 43 years old.
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
She has French, German, Dutch and Afrikaner ancestry.
Theron attended Putfontein Primary School (Laerskool Putfontein) but she did not fit in this school and at 13, she was sent to National School of the Arts in Johannesburg, which is a boarding school.
Theron attended Putfontein Primary School (Laerskool Putfontein). But, she did not fit in this school and at 13, she was sent to National School of the Arts in Johannesburg, which is a boarding school.
- Father – Charles Theron
- Mother – Gerda Maritz
- Siblings – She’s the only child to her parents.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Charlize has dated –
- Craig Bierko (1995-1997) – American actor and singer, Craig Bierko had a two-year long relationship with Theron. He is nearly 11 years older to her.
- Stephan Jenkins (1997-2001) – From 1997 to 2001, she dated Third Eye Blind frontman, Stephan Jenkins.
- Stuart Townsend (2001-2010) – Irish actor Stuart Townsend, had a 9-year long relationship with Charlize. She starred in Trapped (2002) and Head in the Clouds (2004) with Stuart. In January 2010, they separated.
- Keanu Reeves (2010) – In May 2010, Charlize was seen hugging and kissing Canadian actor, Keanu Reeves when on a dinner date which indicated that they might be dating.
- Eric Stonestreet (2012) – In 2012, actors Charlize and Eric Stonestreet dated each other for some time after they got introduced to each other by mutual friends.
- Sean Penn (2014-2015) – In early 2014, she started dating American actor, Sean Penn. The duo engaged in November 2014. In late June 2015, the couple split. Sean is roughly 15 years her senior.
- Gabriel Aubry (2017-Present) – After meeting at their own children’s Los Angeles based school, the Canadian model, Gabriel Aubry and Charlize secretly started dating each other in 2017. Their relationship became public in May 2017 when they were spotted at Santa Monica Pier enjoying each other’s company. Theron has two children, both adopted. She adopted a boy, Jackson Theron in March 2012 and followed by a girl, August Theron in July 2015.
- In feet – 5 feet 9.5 inches
- In centimeters – 177 cm
- In meters – 1.77 m
- In Kilograms – 55 kg
- In Pounds – 121 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-36
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 10.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
She is best known for playing as a serial killer Aileen Wuornos in the crime thriller Monster. Her other notable works include The Fate of the Furious, The Huntsman: Winter’s War, Snow White and the Huntsman, North Country and Mad Max: Fury Road.
In 1995, Theron made her film debut in Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest, in which she appeared as a young woman. Her first successful film was The Devil’s Advocate, where she played a role of a woman suffering with schizophrenia.
Charlize Theron had her first starring role in television in 1997 when she was cast in the television film, Hollywood Confidential, playing Sally Bowen. In 2005, she appeared in a television series called Arrested Development. She played Rita Leeds and appeared in not less than five episodes.
Theron has endorsed a lot of brands such as John Galliano, Christian Dior, PETA, Democracy Now!, Link TV, Breil, Raymond Weil, L’Oreal, etc.
Charlize Theron Favorites
- Favorite Accessory – Sunglasses
- Favorite Color – White, Black
Charlize Theron Net worth
Charlize Theron is one of the richest actresses in hollywood who has a net worth of $135 million dollars. Her earning comes from film and TV appearances, endorsements and various business ventures. She earned around $55 million for being the face of Jádore perfume. She owns several properties in the US and South Africa. She lives in a luxury house located in Outpost Estates neighborhood, Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles. Her Beverly house is valued at $11 million that boasts spacious rooms, bathrooms and is equipped with a swimming pool, tennis court, jacuzzi, gym, bar and other amenities. She possesses a Lexus RX400h and a Range Rover.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Charlize Theron
- Although Theron is fluent in English, her mother tongue is Afrikaans.
- She became fashion model when she was 14.
- At 16, Theron took modeling and moved to Milan, Italy where she spent a year modelling throughout Europe. She
- She has studied acting with Ivana Chubbuck.
- She moved to the US at the age of 19 wanting to become an actress. She was discovered by a talent agent John Crosby at a bank in Los Angeles where she was involved in a feud with a teller for not cashing her cheque.
- She was cast small roles in a number of films before getting her break in The Devil’s Advocate.
- Theron is actively involved with Women’s Rights organizations.
- She was inducted in the Hollywood Wall of Fame on 30 September 2005.
- In 2007, Theron became a naturalized citizen of the United States, while retaining her South African citizenship.
- She is a huge supporter of gay marriage.
- Charlize Theron is involved with various charities. She founded the Charlize Theron Africa Outreach Project (CTAOP) in 2007 to help African youth in their fight against HIV/AIDS.
- She has two cocker spaniels named Denver and Delilah. She named her production company after them.
- Charlize Theron is involved with Women’s Rights organizations.
- Theron’s father was lawfully killed in June 1991 by Theron’s mother as he attacked her and mother while drunk.
- Her official website is charlizeafricaoutreach.org.