Hayden Christensen is a Canadian actor and producer. He began his career on Canadian television at the age of 13, then diversified into American television in the late 1990s. He was praised for his acting as Sam in Life as a House, earning Golden Globe Award and Screen Actors Guild Award nominations. Christensen gained international fame for his portrayal of Anakin Skywalker / Darth Vader in the Star Wars prequel trilogy films, Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith. His honours for these films include a nomination for the Saturn Award for Best Actor and the Cannes Film Festival Revelation Award.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Hayden Christensen was born on the 19th of April 1981, in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
He’s currently 41 years old.
His father is of Danish descent and his mother has Swedish and Italian ancestry.
Hayden was educated at several schools including Baythorn Public School and Unionville High School. While in high school, he played competitive hockey as well as tennis. He also studied acting at the Actors Studio in New York City and Arts York program for drama, at Unionville High School.
- Father – David Christensen (Canadian communications executive and computer programmer)
- Mother – Alie Christensen (American Speechwriter)
- Siblings – Tove Christensen (Older Brother) (Actor and Producer), Hejsa Christensen (Older Sister) (Former Trampoline Champion), Kaylen Christensen (Younger Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Hayden Christensen has dated –
- Natalie Portman (2001) – In 2001, Hayden went out with actress Natalie Portman. They had grown close while shooting for the movie, Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones.
- Reena Hammer (2001-2002) – In 2001, Hayden started his relationship with the business manager, Reena Hammer. They dated for little more than a year before going separate ways.
- Sienna Miller (2006) – In 2006, Christensen hooked up with British actress, Sienna Miller. They had grown quite affectionate to each other while working in the biographical drama movie, Factory Girl.
- Rachel Bilson (2007-2017) – In August 2006, Christensen first met actress Rachel Bilson while shooting for the movie, Jumper. They had started dating by the start of 2007. In December 2008, they got engaged. However, they didn’t get married and even called their engagement off in August 2010. But their separation was short-lived as they got back together about three months later. In October 29, 2014, Bilson gave birth to their daughter Briar Rose. It was confirmed that they separated in the summer of 2017.
- In feet – 6 feet 0 inches
- In centimeters – 183 cm
- In meters – 1.83 m
- In Kilograms – 74 kg
- In Pounds – 163 lbs
His shoe size is 12 (US).
Hayden biggest break was a major part in the prequels Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones (2002) and Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith (2005). He played Anakin Skywalker, a role that earned him the Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Supporting Actor for both the films.
In 1995, Christensen made his first film appearance in a minor role as a paperboy in the horror movie, In the Mouth of Madness.
In 1993, Hayden portrayed the character of Skip McDeere in some episodes of the German-Canadian television series, Family Passions.
Christensen has appeared in the television commercials and print adverts for the Lacoste Men’s fragrance. Also, he has starred in the print adverts for the clothing brand, Louis Vuitton.
Hayden Christensen Net worth
Hayden Christensen has an estimated net worth of $12 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
He doesn’t have any official social media page.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Hayden Christensen
- Hayden started his acting career at the age of 8 after he was accidentally discovered. He was accompanying his older sister who was looking for an agent and she couldn’t leave him home as there was no one to babysit him.
- While growing up, he used to play tennis and hockey.
- In 2002, he secured a place in People Magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful People list. That same year, he was also named one of Teen People Magazine’s 25 Hottest Stars under 25.
- In 2002, Christensen made his London theatre debut with Jake Gyllenhaal and Anna Paquin in This Is Our Youth.
- In 2005, he was once again included in both People Magazine’s 50 Hottest Bachelors and Teen People Magazine’s 25 Hottest Stars Under 25 lists.
- Hayden holds dual citizenship in the United States and Canada.
- In 2005, Christensen made his Broadway debut when he appeared briefly in a 10-minute play.
- In 2005, he took part in the fifth annual 24 Hour Plays benefit, which raises cash for nonprofit groups in the Big Apple.
- In 2008, he was placed on #11 on the list of 30 Under 30 Actors by Entertainment Weekly.
- In October 2009, he started shooting the horror film Vanishing on 7th Street, directed by Brad Anderson, with Thandie Newton and John Leguizamo.
- In 2010, Hayden sued USA Network over allegations that they stole his idea for the TV show Royal Pains.
- In 2015, Christensen starred in the film 90 Minutes in Heaven co-starring Kate Bosworth and directed by Michael Polish based on the best-selling novel by the same name.
- In 2017, he was in the film First Kill alongside Bruce Willis.
- In 2018, he appeared in the Canadian-American romantic comedy Little Italy with Emma Roberts and in the same year was in The Last Man.
- In 2018, he starred opposite with Emma Roberts in the Canadian-American romantic comedy Little Italy.
- In 2019, he returned to the role of Anakin Skywalker, providing a surprise cameo of the character’s voice in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
- In May of 2022, Hayden reprised his role of Anakin Skywalker / Darth Vader for the Obi-Wan Kenobi limited series on Disney+.