Rachael Leigh Cook is an American actress, model, voice artist and producer. She has starred in the films She’s All That, Josie and the Pussycats and the television series Into the West and Perception. She is also the voice behind various characters in Robot Chicken and Tifa Lockhart in the Final Fantasy series, starting with the English version of the film Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.
Rachael Leigh Cook
Cook, The Indie Queen
Birthday / Date of Birth
Rachael Leigh Cook was born on the 4th of October 1979, in Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States.
She’s currently 43 years old.
She has English ancestry on her father’s side and Italian ancestry on her mother’s side.
Cook attended Clara Barton Open School. She also attended Laurel Springs School, which is a school for young actors struggling with regular attendance because of their work commitments. She later attended Minneapolis South High School.
- Father – Thomas H. Cook (Social Worker and former Standup Comedian)
- Mother – JoAnn Cook (Weaver and Cooking Instructor)
- Siblings – Ben Cook (Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rachael Leigh Cook has dated –
- Shane West (1997-1998) – Rachael started going out with actor Shane West towards the end of the summer of 1997. They made their relationship public in September 1997 by attending the premiere of The House of Yes in Los Angeles as a couple. The last event they attended together as a couple was The World is Not Enough premiere. Although they were spotted together at a couple of events later as well, they were in attendance solely as friends.
- Ryan Alosio (1998-1999) – In 1998, Leigh started going out with actor and visual artist, Ryan Alosio. They had met after being cast in the romantic movie, Sally. They dated for about a year before reportedly ending their relationship in May 1999.
- Jacob Young (1999-2000) – Cook started dating actor Jacob Young towards the end of 1999. They made their relationship public in January the following year by walking the red carpet of the Teen People party as a couple. However, their relationship hardly lasted for a couple of months after their first appearance as a couple.
- Devon Sawa (2000) – In 2000, Rachael started her relationship with actor Devon Sawa. They decided to pull curtains on their relationship by the following year.
- Gabriel Mann (2001) – Cook was rumored to be going out with actor Gabriel Mann in 2000. It was claimed that their romance had blossomed on the sets of the musical comedy movie, Josie and the Pussycats.
- Ryan Reynolds (2001) – Rachael Cook met actor Ryan Reynolds in the early months of 2001. They hit it off instantly but she had to leave for England for the shooting of her movie, Blow Dry, shortly after. Reynolds surprised her by dropping out of his shooting schedule and following her all the way to London. She was smitten by his act and they dated for about a year.
- Daniel Gillies (2003-2021) – In 2003, Cook started going out with the actor, Daniel Gillies, whom she had met at a bar in Los Angeles. After having dated for just 5 months, they got engaged in 2004 and eventually got married in August 2004 in an intimate and romantic wedding. They have two children: daughter Charlotte Easton Gillies (born September 2013) and son Theodore Vigo Gillies (born April 2015). The couple separated in June 2019 and divorced in 2021.
- In feet – 5 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 158 cm
- In meters – 1.58 m
- In Kilograms – 55 kg
- In Pounds – 121 lbs
- Measurements – 32-25-34
- Bust – 32 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
Dark Brown (Natural)
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Rachael has starred in the films She’s All That (1999), Josie and the Pussycats (2001), and the television series Into the West and Perception. She is also the voice behind various characters in Robot Chicken and Tifa Lockhart in the Final Fantasy series, starting with the English version of the film Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.
In 1995, Cook made her theatrical film debut in the comedy-drama movie, The Baby-Sitters Club in which she played the role of Mary Anne Spier.
In 1997, Leigh marked her debut in television with a role in the television film, Country Justice playing her part as Emam Baker.
She has endorsed various brands like; Target, Milk-Bone Dog Biscuits & Old Navy Eyelet Dresses.
Rachael Leigh Cook Net worth
Rachael Leigh Cook has an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rachael Leigh Cook
- Rachael started her acting career by appearing in a public service announcement for foster care when she was just 7 years old.
- At the age of 10, she started working as a print model.
- At the age of 14, she started auditioning for various acting assignments.
- She has established her own production company called Ben’s Sister Productions.
- In 1996, her modeling agency sent her to star in a short film, 26 Summer Street.
- In 1997, Cook appeared in a leading role in the film Country Justice as a 15-year-old rape victim who is impregnated by her rapist.
- In 1999, Cook starred in her breakout role in the sleeper hit film She’s All That, a romantic comedy that so far is the most financially successful film of her career.
- In 2000 she starred opposite Elijah Wood in the well-received The Bumblebee Flies Anyway.
- In 2000, she was the cover girl for the U.S. issue of FHM, the March/April issue. She also starred in the music video for New Found Glory’s 2000 single Dressed to Kill and singer Daniel Powter’s Love You Lately.
- In 2002, she was ranked No. 26 in Stuff magazine’s 102 Sexiest Women in the World.
- In February 2010, Cook signed on to play the female lead role in Fox TV’s comedy pilot Nirvana.
- In 2011, she was selected by the Obama administration as a Champion of Change for Arts Education.
- In 2011, she voiced the character of Jaesa Willsaam in the MMO game, Star Wars: The Old Republic. Cook’s latest voice-over role is for the video game Yakuza in which she voices the role of Reina.
- In 2012, Cook signed on to play the female lead role in the TNT crime drama series Perception opposite Eric McCormack.
- In June 2012, she began to award a small scholarship to students between ages 14 and 19. The scholarship helps pay for career classes, mentoring programs and other school fees.
- In 2017, Rachael Leigh Cook reprised her This Is Your Brain on Drugs role twenty years later for a PSA by the Drug Policy Alliance critiquing the War on Drugs and its contribution to mass incarceration, structural racism and poverty.