Tyrese Gibson is an American singer, songwriter, rapper, actor, screenwriter, model and VJ. He played Joseph Jody Summers in Baby Boy, Angel Mercer in Four Brothers, Roman Pearce in the Fast and the Furious series and Robert Epps in the Transformers film series. After releasing several albums, he transitioned into films, with lead roles in several major Hollywood releases. According to Billboard Tyrese has sold 3.69 million albums in the U.S.
Tyrese Darnell Gibson
Singer, Songwriter, Rapper, Actor, Model, VJ, Screenwriter
RCA, J, Voltron, EMI
Birthday / Date of Birth
Tyrese Gibson was born on the 30th of December 1978, in Los Angeles, California, United States.
He’s currently 41 years old.
Tyrese enrolled at the Florida A&M University.
- Father – Tyrone Gibson
- Mother – Priscilla Murray Gibson (nee Durham)
- Siblings – Tyrese has three older siblings.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tyrese Gibson has dated –
- Jill Marie Jones (1990-1994) – In the period from 1990 until 1994, Tyrese was in a relationship with the American actress, Jill Marie Jones. The couple commenced dating in January 1990 and spent 4 years together before ending their relationship in August 1994.
- Taraji P. Henson (1995-2003) – Gibson started dating the American actress, Taraji P. Henson in January 1995. They were in a relationship for 8 years until October 2013 when they officially parted ways. Tyrese and Taraji have two children together, Jody (born – July 23, 1997) and Jordenn (born – June 17, 2003).
- Keshia Knight Pulliam (1995) – Gibson had a fling with American actress Keshia Knight Pulliam during nearly the 4th quarter of 1995.
- Meagan Good (1998-2006) – In 1998, Tyrese started dating the American actress Meagan Good. The couple broke up in April 2006 after dating ON and OFF for a couple of years.
- Norma Mitchell (2002-2009) – Gibson started dating Norma Mitchell in 2002 when they met in London when she was an unemployed college student staying with her mom. After 5 years of dating, the actors got engaged on July 15, 2007 and only after 5 days, they got married on July 20, 2007. Tyrese and Norma separated in January 2009 and officially divorced after 6 months in July 2009. During this relationship, they had a daughter together, Shayla Somer (born – July 11, 2007).
- Rosci (2003-2006) – Tyrese was in a relationship with the American TV show host Rosci for three years from 2003 to 2006.
- Cameron Diaz (2007) – In 2007, Tyrese had an encounter with the popular American actress Cameron Diaz.
- Daphne Joy (2011) – Tyrese was linked with the Filipina model, Daphne Joy in 2011. Their relationship was categorized as an encounter.
- Rozonda ‘Chilli’ Thomas (2012-2013) – Gibson started dating the American singer, Rozonda ‘Chilli’ Thomas in 2012. However, their relationship didn’t last long and they split in 2013.
- Lyndriette Kristal Smith (2013) – Gibson is in a relationship with musician Lyndriette Kristal Smith.
- Samantha Lee (2017-Present) – Tyrese married Samantha Lee on February 14, 2017. Their daughter was born on October 1, 2018.
- In feet – 5 feet 11¼ inches
- In centimeters – 181 cm
- In meters – 1.81 m
- In Kilograms – 78 kg
- In Pounds – 172 lbs
His shoe size is 12 (US).
Tyrese played Joseph Jody Summers in Baby Boy (2001), Angel Mercer in Four Brothers (2005), Roman Pearce in the Fast and the Furious series and Robert Epps in the Transformers film series.
In 1998, Gibson’s first album was released by the name Tyrese. The album was recorded from 1995 to 1998 via the RCA record label. The album contains 13 tracks.
In 2000, Tyrese first appeared in the MTV film Love Song playing the character of Skip/Mad Rage.
In 1996, ABC’s sitcom Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper was the name of the TV series in which Tyrese had his television debut in which he played as Darrell.
Gibson has appeared in advertisements for Coca Cola (1994), Guess (clothing), Tommy Hilfiger and others.
Tyrese Gibson Favorites
His favorite things are unknown.
Tyrese Gibson Net worth
Tyrese Gibson has an estimated net worth of $8 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tyrese Gibson
- When Tyrese was little, his father, Tyrone left the family and hence, Tyrese’s mother looked upon him and his three siblings.
- He started singing when he was 14 and his debut single was named Nobody Else.
- At 14, Tyrese Gibson appeared in a Coca-Cola commercial after being chosen at a talent competition. He sang Always Coca-Cola in the commercial which led to more opportunities. He was also involved in Guess and Tommy Hilfiger ad campaigns.
- In late 1998, Gibson became the new host of the weekday music video show MTV Jams on MTV and a host and VJ for the channel.
- In 2000, Tyrese Gibson won the American Music Award for favourite new R&B/Soul artist.
- In December 12, 2006, Gibson released his fourth studio album Alter Ego, his first double disc album.
- In 2008, he co-starred opposite Jason Statham in Death Race.
- In 2009, Gibson co-created a 3-issue comic book titled Tyrese Gibson’s MAYHEM! after being inspired from his visit to Comic Con.
- In May 8, 2012, Gibson released his first book, titled How to Get Out of Your Own Way. It went on to be a New York Times best seller.
- In 2013, the album earned Gibson his third Grammy nomination at the 2013 Grammy Awards for Best R&B Album.
- In 2013, Tyrese was best friends with Paul Walker, the movie star who lost his life in a car accident. After the tragedy, Gibson was very emotional and went into depression.
- In February 5, 2013, Gibson co-authored his second book along with close personal friend Rev. Run titled Manology: Secrets of Your Man’s Mind Revealed, which also went on to be a New York Times best seller.
- In July 10, 2015, he released his latest album Black Rose, distributed by Caroline Records. It topped both US Billboard Hot 200 and the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums charts.
- In 2016, he was the winner of the NAACP Music Image Award for the outstanding music video for Shame.
- In October 2017, Gibson confirmed he is working on an upcoming project titled Identity Theft, also stated that he will return to the alter ego Black Ty and that the album will focus more on his hip hop roots and will change hip hop.
- In March 2019, Gibson joined Jared Leto in Sony’s Spider-Man spinoff Morbius.
- Visit his official website @ tyreseonline.com.