Anna Paquin is a New Zealand-Canadian actress. She entered the world of big screen as a child artist in The Piano for which she won the Academy Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role at the age of 11, making her the second youngest winner in Oscar history. Paquin was a successful child actress receiving multiple Young Artist Award nominations for her roles in Fly Away Home, The Member of the Wedding and A Walk on the Moon and was nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture for appearing in Cameron Crowe’s comedy-drama film Almost Famous.
Anna Helene Paquin
Anna Moyer, Sookie
Canadian, New Zealander
Birthday / Date of Birth
Anna Paquin was born on the 24th of July 1982, in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
She’s currently 41 years old.
While in New Zealand, Paquin attended Raphael House Rudolf Steiner School in Lower Hutt until she was 9 years old, then Hutt Intermediate School (1994–95). Having begun her secondary education in Wellington at Wellington Girls’ College, she completed her high school diploma at Windward School in Los Angeles, after moving to the U.S. She graduated from Windward School in June 2000 and completed the school’s Community Service requirement by working in a soup kitchen and at a Special Education Centre. She studied at Columbia University for one year but has since been on a leave of absence to continue her acting career.
- Father – Brian Paquin (Canadian High school physical education teacher)
- Mother – Mary Paquin (née Brophy) (English teacher and native of Wellington, New Zealand)
- Siblings – Andrew (Older Brother) (Director), Katya (Older Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Anna Paquin has dated –
- Logan Marshall-Green (2004-2005) – The two dated for about a year. Logan, who is 5 years older than Anna has starred on The O.C. so he knows a thing about acting like a kid.
- Stephen Moyer (2007-Present) – In 2007, Anna commenced dating Stephen when they started filming for the TV series, True Blood. The duo engaged on August 5, 2009. The couple married on August 21, 2010 at a private residence in Malibu, California. The couple shares 2 biological children– son Charlie, and a daughter Poppy. These are twins born in September 2012. She also has a stepson Billy (b. 2000) and a stepdaughter Lilac (b. 2002).
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 58 kg
- In Pounds – 128 lbs
- Measurements – 34-28-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 28 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 33D
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Playing the role of Flora on The Piano, Rogue on The X-Men Series and Sookie Stackhouse on TV series True Blood.
In 1993, New Zealand romantic drama film about a mute pianist and her daughter, The Piano for her role as Flora McGrath.
American television drama series True Blood for her role as Sookie Stackhouse.
In 1997, Anna had appeared in a television commercial on Manitoba Telecom Services.
Anna Paquin Net worth
Anna Paquin has a estimated net worth of $14 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anna Paquin
- Paquin family moved to New Zealand when she was 4.
- Anna was classmates with Julia Stiles when she was in Columbia University.
- She has 1 pet cat and 2 dogs in her house.
- Anna is connected with Children’s Hospital Los Angeles and the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- She is second youngest actress ever to win an Academy Award at 11, only behind Tatum O’Neal who won the award at 10.
- Her hobbies include photography, swimming, skiing, reading and knitting.
- In 2009, Paquin played the lead role in another T.V film, The Courageous Heart of Irena Sendler a biographical film based on the life of a Polish social worker who helped thousands of Jews during the Holocaust.
- She has also made it to the list of FHM Australia’s Top 100 Sexiest Women in the World in the year 2011 at no. 51.
- In 2014, Paquin came out on Twitter, declaring she is proud to be a happily married bisexual mother.