Sarah Michelle Gellar is an American actress, producer and entrepreneur. She made her acting debut in the made for television film An Invasion of Privacy. Her television breakthrough came, when she originated the role of Kendall Hart on the ABC daytime soap opera All My Children, winning the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series. Her most successful films at the box office are I Know What You Did Last Summer, Scream 2, Cruel Intentions, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed and The Grudge. She headlined the television series Ringer and The Crazy Ones. In 2017, she released her cookbook Stirring Up Fun with Food.
Sarah Michelle Gellar
Actress, Producer, Entrepreneur
Birthday / Date of Birth
Sarah Michelle Gellar was born on the 14th of April 1977, in New York City, New York, United States.
She’s currently 45 years old.
Sarah attended Columbia Grammar & Preparatory School at Upper West Side of Manhattan with a partial scholarship. Sarah also went to Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts, but later dropped because she had many absences in school and her teachers threatened her to fail. In 1994, she finally graduated from Professional Children’s School in New York City as a straight A student and got a 4.0-grade average.
- Father – Arthur Gellar (Garment Worker) (Died in 2001)
- Mother – Rosellen (Greenfield) (Nursery School Teacher)
- Siblings – None
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sarah Michelle Gellar has dated –
- Freddie Prinze Jr. (2000-Present) – In 1997, Sarah met actor Freddie Prinze, Jr. at the set of I Know What You Did Last Summer. The actors didn’t start dating until 2000. In April 2001, the couple got engaged. On September 1, 2002, the couple tied knots in Mexico. In 2007, in honor of their fifth year of marriage, Gellar legally changed her name to Sarah Michelle Prinze. They have two children, daughter Charlotte Grace (b. 2009) and son Rocky James (b. 2012). The family lives in Los Angeles.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 55 kg
- In Pounds – 121 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-34
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Sarah is best known for her portrayal of Buffy Summers, the teenager who kills vampires, in the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The show was a critical as well as a commercial success and ran for seven seasons with 144 episodes. It made Gellar a famous face.
In 1984, Michelle appeared comedy film Over the Brooklyn Bridge where she played the role as Phil’s daughter. But, her role was not given any credit.
In 1988, Sarah appeared in ABC’s mystery television series Spenser: For Hire for her role as Emily.
Gellar has appeared in numerous television commercials such as Shake ‘n Bake, Avon (1991), Lee Jeans (1999), Maybelline cosmetics (1999-2003), September 11th fundraising, Burger King (1980s), Rose Petal Place Books etc. In 1998, Sarah was also seen in print advertisements for National Dairy Producers Got milk?, Maybelline products, Gemey lipstick in 2001 etc. In 2015, she was also announced the brand advocate of Proactiv.
Sarah Michelle Gellar Net worth
Sarah Michelle Gellar has an estimated net worth of $30 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sarah Michelle Gellar
- Sarah has been primarily raised by her single mom as her parents got divorced when she was 7.
- She has a black belt in Korean martial art Tae Kwon Do.
- She faced the situation of bullying in high school because her mom was not fully capable to pay her tuition fees in school.
- Film actress Stockard Channing is her idol.
- Ben Taylor, Macaulay Culkin, Jerry O’Connell and Tara Reid were her high school classmates.
- She is an avid fan of English football team Arsenal.
- Actresses Shannen Doherty and Lindsay Sloane are her close friends.
- In 1997, she starred with Jennifer Love Hewitt, Ryan Phillippe and Freddie Prinze Jr. In the slasher film, I Know What You Did Last Summer which revolved around four friends who were being stalked by a killer.
- In 1998, Gellar hosted for the first time Saturday Night Live and provided the voice of the Gwendy Doll in Small Soldiers, a moderate commercial success.
- In 1999, she had a cameo appearance in the sleeper hit She’s All That and took on the lead role of a struggling restaurant owner in the critically panned romantic comedy Simply Irresistible.
- In 2007, Michelle voiced Ella in the poorly received animated film Happily N’Ever After and also April O’Neil in TMNT, which made $95 million.
- In March 2015, she guest-starred as Cinderella in Whitney Avalon’s official YouTube channel video short Princess Rap Battle and joined the cast of Star Wars Rebels for season two, playing a recurring character known as the Seventh Sister.
- In April 2017, Gellar released a cook book titled Stirring up Fun with Food. The book was co-authored by Gia Russo and features numerous food crafting ideas.
- In January 2019, she would appear in the limited series Sometimes I Lie, based on the best-selling book of the same name. The series is being produced by Gellar, as well as Ellen DeGeneres in association with Warner Bros. Television.
- In May 2019, Gellar appeared in the series finale of The Big Bang Theory.
- In 2021, Gellar voiced Teela in Kevin Smith’s Masters of the Universe: Revelation, an animated series for Netflix.
- In 2022, Sarah made her first film appearances in 13 years with brief roles in Clerks III and Do Revenge, released in theaters and on Netflix respectively.