Ryan Phillippe is an American actor. After appearing as Billy Douglas on the soap opera One Life to Live, he came to fame in the late 1990s with starring roles in a string of films, including I Know What You Did Last Summer, Cruel Intentions and 54. He appeared in several films including Gosford Park, Crash, Flags of Our Fathers, Breach, Stop-Loss, MacGruber and The Lincoln Lawyer. In 2010, Phillippe starred as Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer Greg Marinovich in The Bang-Bang Club. He starred in the lead role of Bob Lee Swagger in the USA Network thriller drama Shooter.
Matthew Ryan Phillippe
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ryan Phillippe was born on the 10th of September 1974, in New Castle, Delaware, United States.
He has French ancestry.
Ryan attended New Castle Baptist Academy. He graduated from Barbizon Modeling and Talent Agency in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Father – Richard Phillippe (Chemist)
- Mother – Susan, (Used to run a daycare center in the family’s house)
- Siblings – Kirsten Phillippe (Sister), Lindsay Phillippe (Sister), Katelyn Phillippe (Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ryan Phillippe has dated –
- Reese Witherspoon (1997-2007) – In 1997, Ryan met actress Reese Witherspoon at a party for her 21st birthday. They soon started dating together. After dating for nearly one and a half years, the couple got engaged in December 1998. The couple tied the knot on June 5, 1999, at Old Wide Awake Plantation near Charleston, South Carolina. Reese and Ryan welcomed their first child, a daughter, Ava Elizabeth Phillippe (b. September 9, 1999) and then, the second child, a son, Deacon Reese Phillippe (b. October 23, 2003). After 7 years of marriage, the couple decided to split in October 2006. Divorce was filed by Reese in November 2006, which was finalized in October 2007.
- Nikki Reed (2007) – The actors had an encounter in February 2007 when they were spotted together on a date. She is 14 years his junior.
- Abbie Cornish (2007-2010) – Ryan started dating Australian actress, Abbie Cornish after meeting her in 2007 on the set of 2008 movie Stop-Loss. The lovebirds dated for three years from 2007 until early 2010.
- Alexis Knapp (2010) – In May 2010, Ryan started dating beautiful actress Alexis Knapp, who is 15 years younger than him. The couple were together until September 2010 and called it quits but, during this time, Alexis became pregnant with Ryan’s child and gave birth to a daughter, Kailani Merizalde Phillippe-Knapp in July 2011.
- Amanda Seyfried (2010-2011) – Ryan first met actress Amanda Seyfried at a Halloween party thrown by Kate Hudson in October 2010. They started dating from that time up to May 2011.
- Paulina Slagter (2011-2016) – In 2011, Ryan went on to date a law student Paulina Slagter. She was 17 years his junior and in fact, the two even got engaged in December 2015, before they split in November 2016.
- In Feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In Centimeters – 175 cm
- In Meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 78 kg
- In Pounds – 172 lbs
- Measurements – 38–12–32
- Chest – 38 in or 96.5 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 12 in or 30.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
He wears a size 10.5 (US) shoe.
Ryan came to stardom with the success of the horror film I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997). He was nominated for Blockbuster Entertainment Awards in the category Favorite Supporting Actor: Horror for his work in the film.
In 1995, Ryan made his acting debut as Seaman Grattam in Tony Scott’s submarine film, Cromson Tide.
In 1992, Ryan got his start in television playing Billy Douglas on the ABC sitcom One Life to Live.
Ryan has done endorsement work for brands like Armani Jeans and Nintendo in the past.
Ryan Phillippe Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp, Henry Cavill
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite Films – Cool Hand Luke (1967), Raging Bull (1980), Fargo (1996), The Sand Pebbles (1966), The Graduate (1967)
- Favorite TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Fast Food
Ryan Phillippe Net worth
Ryan Phillippe has an estimated net worth of $30 million dollars as of 2020. He resides in Los Angeles, California.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – ryanphillippe
- Twitter – Ryan Phillippe
Fewer Known Facts About Ryan Phillippe
- Ryan has a black belt in a Korean martial art, Tae Kwon Do.
- Phillippe has played sports like basketball and soccer at New Castle Baptist Academy.
- Ryan was discovered by a local talent scout while he was at a barbershop in Delaware.
- In 2006, Phillippe played real-life Navy corpsman John Bradley in the war film Flags of Our Fathers directed by Clint Eastwood.
- In 2010, Ryan portrayed the Pulitzer-Prize winning photographer Greg Marinovich in The Bang-Bang Club.
- In 2010, Phillippe and Meyer began getting a show going for Showtime, serving as executive producers.
- Ryan is a huge fan of Philadelphia sports teams (Phillies, Eagles, Flyers, 76ers).
- He enjoys cartoon making, photography and writing.
- In October 2013, Phillippe began filming the action thriller Reclaim in Puerto Rico.
- In 2015, Ryan was cast in the lead role of Bob Lee Swagger on the USA Network thriller drama series Shooter which premiered in the fall of 2016.
- In February 2020, Phillippe will play the role of Cody Hoyt in the ABC crime drama series Big Sky which was created by David E. Kelley.