Reese Witherspoon is an American actress, producer and entrepreneur. She is the recipient of several accolades, including an Academy Award, a Primetime Emmy Award, a BAFTA Award, a Screen Actors Guild Award, a Golden Globe Award and two Critics’ Choice Awards. She achieved international recognition with her role as Elle Woods in the comedy Legally Blonde for which she received her second Golden Globe nomination.
Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon
Actress, Film Producer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Reese Witherspoon was born on March 22, 1976, in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States.
She is currently 43 years old.
Anglican / Episcopalian
Witherspoon did middle schooling from Harding Academy. She graduated from Harpeth Hall School, an all-girls’ school in Nashville. Post that, she enrolled herself in Stanford University so as to major in English literature. But, she left the university after a year to focus wholeheartedly on the acting career.
- Father – John Draper Witherspoon, Sr. (Lieutenant colonel in the United States Army Reserve)
- Mother – Mary Elizabeth “Betty” (née Reese) (Professor of nursing [child care and mental health] at Vanderbilt University)
- Siblings – John Jr. (Older Brother) (Real Estate Agent)
In 2014, she ended her 19-year long run with manager Evelyn O’Neill from Management 360. She is currently signed with Creative Artists Agency (CAA) and her career is managed by manager Rick Yorn.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Reese Witherspoon dated –
- Chris O’Donnell (1993) – After that, she started dating another actor Chris O’Donnell in February 1993. The couple dated briefly in 1993.
- Stephen Dorff (1994) – In 1994, she also dated Blade hunk Stephen Dorff for short time.
- Mark Wahlberg (1995-1997) – Released in 1996, Mark Wahlberg and Reese Witherspoon were co-stars in the thriller movie “Fear.” They were RUMORed to have started dating at that time in 1995 when the filming of the movie started. They didn’t confirm their off-screen relationship and hence it is a rumor. They split in 1997.
- Ryan Phillippe (1997-2007) – Ryan Phillippe met Reese at her 21st birthday party on March 22, 1997. They soon started dating together. After dating for nearly one and a half year, the duo got engaged in December 1998. The couple married on June 5, 1999 at Old Wide Awake Plantation near Charleston, South Carolina. Reese and Ryan welcomed their first child, a daughter, Ava Elizabeth Phillippe (born – September 9, 1999) and then second child, a son, Deacon Reese Phillippe (born – October 23, 2003). After 7 years of marriage, the couple decided to separate in October 2006. A divorce was filed by Reese in November 2006. In October 2007, the divorce was finalized.
- Jake Gyllenhaal (2007-2009) – In March 2007, Witherspoon started seeing actor Jake Gyllenhaal, who is 5 years younger than her. They first met on the set of 2007 film “Rendition”, where Jake was her co-star. They started dating privately and after Reese’s divorce from Ryan Phillippe was finalized in late 2007, she and Jake became more public with their romance. This relationship also saw an end in December 2009.
- Jim Toth (2010-Present) – In February 2010, Reese started dating agent Jim Toth. Jim is a co-head of motion picture talent at the Creative Artists Agency. In December 2010, the couple announced their engagement. On March 26, 2011, the couple married each other at Ojai, California at Libbey Ranch. The couple has one biological son Tennessee James Toth (born – September 27, 2012).
- In feet – 5 feet 1½ inches
- In centimeters – 156 cm
- In meters – 1.56 m
- In Kilograms – 50 kg
- In Pounds – 110 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
Her dress size is 3 (US).
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Playing Tracy Flick in the comedy film Election (1999), as Elle Woods in the comedy film Legally Blonde (2001), as June Carter Cash in the biographical drama film Walk the Line (2005), as Cheryl Strayed in the biographical drama film Wild (2014).
She appeared in 1991 coming of age drama film The Man in the Moon for her role as Dani Trant.
In 1993, Reese appeared in TV miniseries Return to Lonesome Dove for her role as Ferris Dunnigan.
She endorsed Gap Jeans in 2006. She was made Avon’s Global ambassador in 2007.
- Short stature.
- Often plays chipper-type women who are convinced of their own successful destiny.
Reese Witherspoon Favorite
- Favorite Holiday – V-E Day (Victory in Europe Day)
- Favorite Beverage – Prison wine
- Favorite Country – The Bahamas
- Favorite Book – The End of the Affair (By Graham Greene)
- Favorite Disney Character – Scar, Tinkerbell
- Favorite Restaurant – The Buffet at Magic City
- Favorite App – Bing Search
- Favorite Website – MediaTakeOut
- Favorite Style Icon – Mary J. Blige
- Favorite Board Game – Axis and Allies
- Favorite Food – Firecrackers, fried chicken
- Favorite Movie – Overboard (1987), Terms of Endearment (1983), Belly (1998)
- Favorite TV Show – Amish Mafia (2012-)
Reese Witherspoon Net Worth
Reese Witherspoon’s net worth has accumulated to approximately $150 million dollars.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Reese Witherspoon
- Reese is Avon’s first-ever global brand ambassador.
- She uses her mother’s maiden name as her first name.
- She was active in modeling from 1983 to 1987.
- In 1991, Witherspoon attended an open casting call for The Man in the Moon, intending to audition as a bit player, she was instead cast for the lead role of Dani Trant, a 14 year old country girl who falls in love for the first time with her 17 year old neighbor.
- In 1993, she played a young wife in the CBS miniseries Return to Lonesome Dove, Nonnie Parker in the Disney film A Far Off Place and had a minor role in Jack the Bear, which garnered her the Young Artist Award for Best Youth Actress Co-star.
- In her childhood, she spent 4 years in Germany (due to her dad’s job in U.S. military) and then was raised in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Kale is her favorite Pizza topping.
- She would like to switch her lives with Owen Wilson if allowed.
- If she were a hip-hop artist, she would have picked her stage name as “Lil Reese.”
- She was good at studies and used to get good grades.
- She loves reading and so gets crazy in the bookstore or library.
- She would like to invite Lil Scrappy and Trillville for over to Witherspoon dinner.
- In 2012, Witherspoon started the production company Pacific Standard.
- On April 19, 2013, she and Jim Toth were arrested for DUI (Driving Under Influence). Jim was found to have a blood alcohol level of 0.139 and so was arrested. Reese disobeyed the policeman and argued with him. So, she was also arrested.
- In November 2016, Witherspoon began production on the romantic comedy Home Again, the directorial debut of filmmaker Nancy Meyers’ daughter, Hallie Meyers-Shyer, which was released on September 8, 2017.
- In July 2018, Witherspoon began hosting the talk show Shine On with Reese on DirecTV.