Nikki Reed is an American actress, screenwriter, singer-songwriter and model known for her portrayal of vampire Rosalie Hale in The Twilight Saga. She became known in 2003, after the release of the film Thirteen, directed by Catherine Hardwicke, for which she was credited with Hardwicke as a co-writer of the screenplay and in which she played a lead role. The film earned Reed an Independent Spirit Award for Best Debut Performance, as well as several nominations.
Nicole Houston Reed
Actress, Model, Singer, Screenwriter
Pop, Punk Rock
Not Signed with Any
Birthday / Date of Birth
Nikki Reed was born on May 17, 1988, in West Los Angeles, California, United States.
She’s currently 31 years old
Nikki’s mother is of Cherokee and Italian descent.
Nikki attended Alexander Hamilton High School in Los Angeles. Nikki dropped out after a year as she faced the situation of harassment from the mother’s of other students during the lunchtime due to the movie Thirteen (2003). So, Nikki decided to do homeschooling. She earned her high school diploma via homeschooling only.
- Father – Seth Reed (Set designer)
- Mother – Cheryl Houston (Beautician)
- Siblings – Nathan August Reed (Older Brother) (Professional photographer)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Reed has dated –
- Victor Rasuk (2004-2006) – Reed first met actor Victor Rasuk in 2004, when they were filming for the 2005 movie Lords of Dogtown. From that time, they started dating and lived together until 2006.
- DJ Qualls (2006-2007) – American actor and comedian, Donald Joseph “DJ” Qualls dated Nikki from 2006 until 2007.
- Ryan Phillippe (2007) – In February 2007, American actor Ryan Phillippe had a fling with Nikki when they were spotted together on a date. At that time, Ryan was 32 and Nikki was 18.
- Robert Pattinson (2009) – When they met on the set of Twilight, the rumors appeared that they are dating. From February to April 2009, they dated. After that, he moved on to date with long-time girlfriend Kristen Stewart.
- Paris Kasidokostas Latsis (2009-2010) – The Greek socialite, Paris Latsis had dated Reed for a complete year from July 2009 to June 2010. He had a good influence on her and she became more active and left smoking to be with Paris.
- Paul McDonald (2011-2014) – She commenced dating singer Paul McDonald in March 2011, when she met him on the red carpet during the premiere of Red Riding Hood. They soon starting living together and in June 2011, she was photographed with an engagement ring on the occasion of MTV Movie Awards. On October 16, 2011, the couple married in Malibu. They officially separated on March 29, 2014.
- Ian Somerhalder (2014-Present) – The actors Nikki and Ian Somerhalder started dating on July 9, 2014, after meeting through Ashley Greene. Ian had also helped Nikki in the past, to get her divorce from Paul McDonald. The couple got engaged in January 2015, and on April 26, 2015, they got married in Malibu, California. Ian is 10 years her senior. Nikki gave birth to couple’s first child, daughter Bodhi Soleli on July 25, 2017.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 53 kg
- In Pounds – 117 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-33
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Playing Evie Zamora in Thirteen (2003), Rosalie Hale in Twilight film series and others.
She has not released any albums. The actress has recorded songs with her singer husband, Paul McDonald. The first song was Now That I’ve Found You in 2011. In October 2012, the couple released their Extended Play titled The Best Part.
In 2003, Nikki landed her first acting role in the film Thirteen plying Evie Zamoira. She was also screenwriter for the film. She won an Independent Spirit Award for Best Debut Performance for her role in the film.
In 2006, Reed guest appeared in 6 episodes in the teen drama TV series The O.C. for her role as Sadie Campbell.
She has not endorsed any of the brands.
Awards & Nominations
|2003||Nantucket Film Festival – Screenplay Award||Best Feature Screenplay||Thirteen||Shared with Catherine Hardwicke||Won|
|Young Hollywood Awards||One to Watch – Female||Won|
|Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association Awards||Best Original Screenplay||Shared with Catherine Hardwicke||Nominated|
|2004||Independent Spirit Award||Best First Screenplay||Nominated|
|Best Debut Performance||Won|
|Prism Award||Best Performance in a Theatrical Feature Film||Nominated|
|Phoenix Film Critics Society Award||Best Original Screenplay||Shared with Catherine Hardwicke||Nominated|
|Breakout Performance – Behind the Camera||Nominated|
|Satellite Award||Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama||Shared with Evan Rachel Wood||Nominated|
|Best Original Screenplay||Shared with Catherine Hardwicke||Nominated|
|2006||Solstice Film Festival Award||Best Actress||Mini’s First Time||Won|
|2008||Delray Beach Film Festival Award||Best Ensemble||Familiar Strangers||Shared with Cast||Won|
|Method Fest Independent Film Festival Award||Won|
|2009||Teen Choice Award||Choice Fresh Face – Female||Twilight||Nominated|
|Scream Award||Best Ensemble||Shared with Cast||Nominated|
|2010||Young Hollywood Awards||Superstar in the Making||The Twilight Saga: New Moon||Won|
|Teen Choice Award||Most Fanatic Fans||Shared with Cast||Won|
|2011||Choice Favorite Vampire||The Twilight Saga: Eclipse||Nominated|
|2012||Scene Stealer Female||The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1||Nominated|
Nikki Reed Favorites
- Favorite Movies – City of God (2002), True Romance (1993), Nowhere in Africa (2003), The Shawshank Redemption (1994), The Lion King (1994)
- Favorite Books – Wuthering Heights (By Emily Brontë in 1847), Color of Water: A Black Man’s Tribute to His White Mother (By James McBride in 1995), Reading Lolita in Tehran (ByAzar Nafisi in 2003), They Poured Fire on Us from the Sky (By Judy A. Bernstein in 2005), The Robber Bride (By Margaret Atwood in 1993), A Thousand Splendid Suns (ByKhaled Hosseini in 2007), Go Ask Alice (By Beatrice Sparks in 1971), Schindler’s List (By Thomas Keneally in 1982)
- Favorite Bands – The Raconteurs, Kings of Leon
Nikki Reed Net worth
Nikki Reed has a estimated net worth of $12 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Nikki Reed
- Instagram – nikkireed
- Twitter – Nikki Reed
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nikki Reed
- Her mother divorced when she was 2. Nikki was raised by her mother.
- At the age of 14, he began to live on her own in apartments in the Los Angeles area.
- In 2011, she collaborated with Staples and Do Something for their 3rd annual School Supply Drive.
- She released her first EP titled The Best Part, on October 29, 2012 with her ex-husband Paul McDonald. She also released a music video for their single, Get the Girl Back, in April 2013.
- She has a pitbull dog named, Sydney.
- Reed is close friends with her Twilight co-star Jackson Rathbone and Spy Kids actress Alexa Vega, who was her matron of honor at her first wedding.
- She has a celebrity crush on Val Kilmer in Tombstone, Gary Oldman in Basquiat and Paul Newman in The Left Handed Gun.
- She is also an animal rights advocate.
- Nikki was honored with the ASPCA Compassion Award for her contributions to animal welfare on October 22, 2014.
- Reed endorsed Senator Bernie Sanders for President in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.
- Visit her official website @ bayouwithlove.com.