Rachel Bilson is an American actress. Bilson made her television debut in 2003 and then landed the role of Summer Roberts on the prime time drama series The O.C. Bilson made her movie debut in The Last Kiss and starred in the science fiction action film Jumper. From 2011 to 2015, she starred as Dr. Zoe Hart on The CW series Hart of Dixie.
Rachel Sarah Bilson
Birthday / Date of Birth
Rachel Bilson was born on August 25, 1981 in Los Angeles, California, United States.
She’s currently 37 years old.
Rachel has Italian-American ancestry on her mom’s side and Jewish ancestry on her dad’s side.
Rachel went to Walter Reed Middle School till 1996 and then completed her schooling from Notre Dame High School in 1999. She, then, attended Grossmont College in a suburb of San Diego, in California, but dropped out after one year, to pursue her acting career.
- Father – Danny Bilson (Writer, Director, Producer)
- Mother – Janice Stango (Sex Therapist)
- Siblings – John Bilson (Older Brother), Rosemary Bilson (Younger Half-Sister), Hattie Elizabeth Bilson (Younger Half-Sister)
- Others – Bruce Bilson (Paternal Grandfather) (Producer-director), George Bilson (Great-Grandfather) (Ran the movie-trailer department), Hattie (Great-Grandmother) (Screenwriter)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rachel Bilson dated –
- Adam Brody (2003-2006) – Adam Brody, who played the role as “Seth Cohen” in the TV series The O.C. (2003-2007) met Rachel there in 2003. She dated with her co-star for almost 3 years, before getting separated in 2006.
- Hayden Christensen (2007-2017) – Both of these met in August 2006 on the set of 2007 movie Jumper. They engaged in 2008 and continued dating together. Near the mid of 2010, they split but that was just for a couple of months (at most 3 months). Rachel gave birth to couple’s first child, daughter Briar Rose on October 29, 2014. Bilson and Christensen separated in September 2017.
- In feet – 5 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 157 cm
- In meters – 1.57 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 123 lbs
- Measurements – 33-24-35
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32A
She wears a size 5.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 2 (US).
Starring in an American teen drama TV series The O.C. for her role as Summer Roberts. She appeared in all the 92 episodes, covered in 4 seasons from 2003-2007. She has won many awards also for this show like Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Actress.
Rachel Bilson made her acting debut as Kim in the 2006 American romantic comedy drama film, ‘The Last Kiss’ alongside Zach Braff. She played a college student who seduces Braff’s character. She was nominated for Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Breakout – Female for her performance in the film.
Her first TV Show was 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter (also called as 8 Simple Rules). She did it in 2003 and appeared in only a single episode titled “Career Choices”, for her role as Jenny.
Bilson appeared in TV commercials for Subway restaurants, Raisin Bran, Pepto-Bismol and Magnum Ice Cream.
Rachel Bilson Favorites
- Favorite Actors – Johnny Depp, Woody Allen
- Favorite Actress – Kate Winslet, Audrey Hepburn
- Favorite Color – Peacock Blue
- Favorite Fashion Designers – Stella McCartney, Coco Chanel
- Favorite Fashion Labels – Chanel, Vintage
- Favorite Books – Edie: American Girl (by Jean Stein and George Plimpton)
- Favorite Sunglasses – Ray-Ban Wayfarer
- Favorite Food – Cereal, Cookies
- Favorite TV Shows – Sex and the City (1998-2004), Friends (1994-2004)
- Favorite Movies – Welcome to the Dollhouse (1995), The Goonies (1985)
Rachel Bilson Net worth
Rachel Bilson has a net worth of $17 million dollars as of 2019. She lives in her Los Feliz house which is valued at $2 million. She owns a Toyota Prius.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – rachelbilson
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rachel Bilson
- Bilson started her professional career appearing in commercials before debuting in early 2003, appearing in one episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- She likes basketball very much and her favorite team is Los Angeles Lakers.
- Rachel Bilson has 1 pet, which is a dog of breed sheepdog, named Lambert.
- Maxim magazine ranked her #6 in their annual “Hot 100 List” in 2005 and named her #14 in 2006.
- In 2005, the US edition of FHM Magazine ranked her 77th in their 00 Sexiest Women in the World list.
- FHM Magazine (UK Edition) named her 28th in the 2006 100 Sexiest Women in the World list.
- Bilson was named one of People magazine’s “100 Most Beautiful People” in 2006.
- She was ranked at #49 in the 2011 FHM Australia list of “100 Sexiest Women in the World” and ranked #34 in the 2010 FHM UK list of “100 Sexiest Women in the World”.
- Rachel has also appeared in American popular TV series “How I Met Your Mother” in 2010 in only 2 episodes.
- She is in lead role in the TV series “Hart of Dixie”, performing her role as Dr. Zoe Hart. This show started from 2011.
- In 2011, Bilson collaborated with her personal stylist Nicole Chavez, and shoe industry leader Steve Madden, to launch the footwear destination, ShoeMint, an “online customized shoe shopping experience.
- Bilson refused to act nude in the film The Last Kiss and asked for body double during the sex scenes with Zach Braff.
- She has described herself as having a “vintage” sense of style, and noted Kate Moss and Diane Keaton. as inspirations.
- In 2013, Bilson designed a shirt for Invisible Children.
- In November 2017, it was announced that Bilson will be starring in the upcoming ABC drama series Take Two. The show was given a straight-to-series order and premiered in June 2018.