Connie Britton is an American actress, singer and producer. Britton made her feature film debut in the independent comedy-drama film The Brothers McMullen and the following year, she was cast as Nikki Faber on the ABC sitcom Spin City. She later starred in the short lived sitcoms The Fighting Fitzgeralds and Lost at Home and appeared in several films, most notably the sports drama film Friday Night Lights and the thriller film The Last Winter.
In 2016, Britton had a recurring role as socialite Faye Resnick in the first season of FX true crime anthology series American Crime Story. In 2018, she starred as Abby Clark in the first season of the Fox procedural drama series 9-1-1 and received a Golden Globe Award nomination for Best Actress – Miniseries or Television Film for her performance as Debra Newell in the Bravo true crime anthology series Dirty John.
Constance Elaine Womack
Actress, Singer, Producer
Country, Country Pop, Country Rock
Her music is released via Big Machine Records as a part of TV show Nashville‘s soundtrack.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Connie Britton was born on the 6th of March 1967, in Boston, Massachusetts, United States.
She’s currently 53 years old.
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
She is of Irish, German and English descent.
Connie attended E. C. Glass High School and performed in plays in the E. C. Glass High School Theater; her photo is displayed in the E. C. Glass Alumni Theater. She majored in Asian studies with a concentration in Chinese at Dartmouth College and studied at the Beijing Normal University in Beijing during her freshman summer with Kirsten Gillibrand, who is now a U.S. Senator from New York. After graduating in 1989, Britton (then Womack) moved to New York City, where she spent two years at the Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre studying with Sanford Meisner.
- Father – Edgar Allen Womack, Jr. (Physicist and an energy company executive)
- Mother – Linda Jane (née Cochran) (Music Teacher)
- Siblings – Cynthia Womack (Fraternal Twin)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Connie Britton has dated –
- John Britton (1989-1995) – Connie met an investment banker John Britton at Alpha Delta House during her graduation at the Dartmouth College. They moved to Manhattan together in 1989, married on October 5, 1991 and divorced in 1995. Connie adopted a son named, Eyob “Yoby” Britton (b. January 25, 2011) in November 2011 from Ethiopia.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 58 kg
- In Pounds – 128 lbs
- Measurements – 37-25-35
- Bust – 37 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 34C
She wears a size 9.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Connie is best known for playing the role of Sharon Gaines in the sports movie Friday Night Lights (2004) and as Abby Sellers in The Last Winter (2006). She is also famous for her role of queen of country music, Rayna Jaymes in the hit ABC drama series Nashville.
In 1995, Connie first film was the comedy-drama movie, The Brothers McMullen in which she played the character of Molly McMullen.
In 1995, Her debut television show was ABC sitcom Ellen in which she played the role as Heather in 3 episodes.
Stage Performance Debut
Connie made her theater debut in her school days with playwright and actress Caroline Kava’s The Early Girl at The Courtyard Playhouse, New York.
Connie Britton Favorites
- Favorite Actress – Elisabeth Moss, Lizzy Caplan, Julianna Margulies
- Favorite Song – Purple Rain by Prince
- Favorite Movie – Thelma and Louise (1991), Foul Play (1978)
- Favorite Music – Rock and Roll, Southern Rock
- Favorite Singer – Bonnie Raitt
- Favorite City – New York
Connie Britton Net worth
Connie Britton has an estimated net worth of $8 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Connie Britton
- Connie was a star theater artist during her high school days.
- Connie was the roommate of actress Lauren Graham during her college days.
- In her college days, she taught aerobics to make ends meet and while waiting to get hands on some acting assignments after arriving in New York City.
- She has a home in Hollywood Hills just beneath the D of the Hollywood sign.
- Connie has a pet dog named Lucy which is a pit-mix.
- Connie is good friends with singer and actress Sheryl Crow.
- In 2006, she had a recurring role in the Fox espionage thriller 24 in the fifth season as Diane Huxley, a landlady and a brief girlfriend of Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland).
- In 2011, Britton starred in the first season in the FX horror drama American Horror Story.
- In 2012, Britton co-starred opposite Edward Burns in the comedy-drama The Fitzgerald Family Christmas.
- In 2013, Britton co-starred opposite Aubrey Plaza in the comedy The To Do List, where she played the mother of Plaza’s character.
- In April 2, 2014, Britton became the 10th Goodwill Ambassador of the United Nations Development Programme, the anti-poverty agency of the UN.
- In 2015, she co-starred opposite Thomas Mann, RJ Cyler and Olivia Cooke in the comedy drama Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, directed by Alfonso Gomez-Rejon.
- In 2016, Britton reunited with American Horror Story creator Ryan Murphy in his miniseries American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson as Faye Resnick.