Lizzy Caplan is an American actress and model. Her first acting role was on the cult television series Freaks and Geeks. She received wider recognition with roles in the films Mean Girls and Cloverfield, the latter of which earned her a nomination for the Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress. Caplan has also starred on the TV shows Related, The Class and Party Down. From 2013 to 2016, she played Virginia Johnson on the Showtime series Masters of Sex, a role that garnered her Primetime Emmy, Satellite and Critics Choice Award nominations.
Elizabeth Anne Caplan
Birthday / Date of Birth
Lizzy Caplan was born on June 30, 1982 in Los Angeles, California, United States.
She is currently 36 years old.
Lizzy attended Alexander Hamilton High School in Beverlywood and graduated in 2000. During this time, she was also a student at Academy of Music.
- Father – Richard Caplan (Lawyer)
- Mother – Barbara (Political Aide)
- Siblings – Ben Caplan (Older Brother), Julie Caplan (Older Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lizzy Caplan dated –
- Matthew Perry (2006-2012) – Lizzy started dating actor Matthew Perry in 2006, when she was working on the sitcom The Class and Matthew was filming “Studio 60” on the Sunset Trip. Both the actors were shooting on the same lot, so they were able to meet each other. Their relationship went until 2012.
- Tom Riley (2015-Present) – Lizzy first met English actor Tom Riley in London in 2015. Soon after, they started dating and made their relationship public. The duo got engaged in New York in 2016 and then got married in September 2017.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 53 kg
- In Pounds – 117 lbs
- Measurements – 34-23-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 23 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
Her dress size is 4 (US).
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Playing Janis Ian in the 2004 film Mean Girls, as Gena in the 2012 film Bachelorette as April Drennan in the 2010 film Hot Tub Time Machine. In television, she is known for playing Amy Burley in the True Blood in 2008, as Virginia Johnson in the Masters of S*x since 2013, as Casey Klein in the Party Down from 2009 to 2010, as Kat Warbler in The Class from 2006 to 2007.
In 2002, Lizzy appeared in comedy film Orange County for her role as a party girl.
From 1999 to 2000, Caplan played the role as Sara in NBC’s teen comedy-drama TV series Freaks and Geeks in 4 episodes.
She has appeared in a fashion commercial.
Awards & Nominations
|2007||Saturn Award||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|2010||Teen Choice Award||Choice Movie Actress – Comedy||Nominated|
|2014||Critics’ Choice Television Award||Best Actress in a Drama Series||Nominated|
|Primetime Emmy Award||Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series||Nominated|
|Satellite Award||Best Actress – Television Series Drama||Nominated|
|2016||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Summer Movie Star: Female||Nominated|
Lizzy Caplan Favorite
- Favorite Artists – Adele, Christina Aguilera, Whitney Houston, James Morrison
- Favorite Fashion Icons – Brigitte Bardot
- Favorite Color – Red
Lizzy Caplan Net Worth
Lizzy Caplan’s net worth has accumulated to approximately $5 million dollars.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – thelizzycaplan
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lizzy Caplan
- Caplan’s mother died, when she was 13 years old.
- She has also played piano in the past during high school.
- Lizzy is godmother to Birdie Leigh Silverstein (actress Busy Philipps‘ daughter).
- She has a cat named, Lisa Turtle.
- In 2003, Caplan appeared in Jason Mraz‘s music video “You and I Both” as his love interest.
- Film and TV actor Emile Hirsch was her classmate during high school.
- Lizzy was raised in a Reform Jewish family.
- Her bat mitzvah theme was disco.
- While growing up, her role model was actress Robin Tunney.
- Her first car was Honda Passport.
- Lizzy’s first boyfriend in high school was a Scientologist.
- In 2008, Caplan played Marlena Diamond in the film Cloverfield and was nominated for a Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress.
- In 2013, she began playing 1960s human sexuality pioneer Virginia Johnson on the Showtime series Masters of Sex.